[PS4] Official Legacy Servers

MaunoMato

So I logged last week on PS4 after a long break and was suprised not to find my server, which was the EU PVE 179,  but noticed the legacy filter, activated it and bam into the server I go.

While I was pleasantly suprised that it was more empty and not cluttered by megastructures, I noticed that the day was like 3000 or something on the server which means it had been reset at some point.

Nevermind, I spend a day with building up the stuff I need to get started, the 2nd I expand and start hoarding stuff for later use, logged on yesterday after the patch and I noticed that the server had been reset.

This apparently without warning, only message servers were about upcoming patch and the ongoing 2x XP,  some sad faces in chat.

For me it was only like 20 hours gameplay, for others thousands.

Should I even try on this server or move to some other server, and as I understand it you can't move from legacy to new servers?

Is there even a point to continue with this character if these are getting killed off at some point?

Pretty sure when I bought this game in pre-whatever mode it was in, devs said there would be no reset, I'm only level 70 something but it's still hundreds of hours I put down into the game ( small group, slow progress ).

Outside of the first wave of servers going down they have been hush on additional legacy servers being taken off line other than saying they'd review them every 3 to 4 months. If you have an active server then perhaps it is worth it. If you are bound to take long breaks then it may also be worth it since you'd be losing your progress either way (though perhaps just going single player would work better since that mode actually pauses). 

As far as losing your progress, that is where legacy hurts. There is no support for that type of mistake on legacy so monitor it, and if it happens a few times I'd probably just leave at that point. if you want to keep that character you can always transfer to another legacy server or you can start fresh on a new server. 

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Outside of the first wave of servers going down they have been hush on additional legacy servers being taken off line other than saying they'd review them every 3 to 4 months. If you have an active server then perhaps it is worth it. If you are bound to take long breaks then it may also be worth it since you'd be losing your progress either way (though perhaps just going single player would work better since that mode actually pauses). 

As far as losing your progress, that is where legacy hurts. There is no support for that type of mistake on legacy so monitor it, and if it happens a few times I'd probably just leave at that point. if you want to keep that character you can always transfer to another legacy server or you can start fresh on a new server. 

Yeah, moving to another legacy server is of course an option, just afraid I won't be there when they warn about shutting the server down if they even give a warning.

Also starting over isn't really an option,  when that time comes the game will be deleted immediately :)

Archived