So is Aberration fun?

Z0mbie

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely. Without a doubt. Wildcard has COMPLETELY reworked the gameplay and basically everything from the ground up. This map is completely different from anything any Ark Players have seen thus far and actually is somewhat more narrative driven (YES! Ark does have a story!) and let me tell you man.......the boss fight? OOOHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY. It is beyond words. Don't watch other people play it, do it yourself! And best of luck if you do decide to get it. You'll need all the luck you can get ;)

1 hour ago, KessGenre said:

Absolutely. Without a doubt. Wildcard has COMPLETELY reworked the gameplay and basically everything from the ground up. This map is completely different from anything any Ark Players have seen thus far and actually is somewhat more narrative driven (YES! Ark does have a story!) and let me tell you man.......the boss fight? OOOHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY. It is beyond words. Don't watch other people play it, do it yourself! And best of luck if you do decide to get it. You'll need all the luck you can get ;)

Sounds cool....You did the boss fight already?

5 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I haven’t spent a ton of time on it yet (Xbox wrong version deployed first world problems) but it’s been a blast from what I have seen so far. 

Um what do you mean by wrong  version deployed for Xbox ?. I am still downloading main game update  after 14 hours.... It better be the right version lol

I'd say wait a week and see how things shake out through public opinion.  It's a new shiny object for sure and some of the dinos seem cool from a PvE perspective.

I spent 6 hours playing it and struggled solo.  Like scorched, there's several dinos that don't have kibble available for them on the map, like Paracers and Spinos.

I'd wait until there's enough info out there to answer questions like where's metal, pearls, oil and organic poly, among others.  Not saying a walkthrough guide is needed, but having answers to where crap is after you spend hours looking may make the experience all around more fun.

Climbing gear breaks stupid fast too, so it's just meh.

3 minutes ago, Brayn said:

I'd say wait a week and see how things shake out through public opinion.  It's a new shiny object for sure and some of the dinos seem cool from a PvE perspective.

I spent 6 hours playing it and struggled solo.  Like scorched, there's several dinos that don't have kibble available for them on the map, like Paracers and Spinos.

I'd wait until there's enough info out there to answer questions like where's metal, pearls, oil and organic poly, among others.  Not saying a walkthrough guide is needed, but having answers to where crap is after you spend hours looking may make the experience all around more fun.

Climbing gear breaks stupid fast too, so it's just meh.

Loads of metal on the surface if you can get up there, also found plenty of pearls in the fertile lake (think that was the area I was in, still need to get my bearings) only problem was a lot of them are pretty deep down and there were lots of mantas, sarcos & spinos swimming about so sod that :D was a few nodes in the shallows though.

9 hours ago, Z0mbie said:

Sounds cool....You did the boss fight already?

I haven't, but I've seen the boss fight. And MAN OH MAN. It's ah doozy xD But seriously, it's fantastic and really incredible. You will need so many other tribesmen/women to accompany you. Even if you use cheats to fight, a guarantee you that the fight will at least go on for 10-15 minutes. Doing it the normal way could possibly take 30-45 minutes! I am of course referring to the fight in terms of doing the Alpha level. Don't watch any gameplay of the fight if you don't want the Ark story to be spoiled! 

10 minutes ago, Deadgiga said:

Right lol

Just finished taking all the updates. Best part of 24hrs to take in all the updates haha. Pretty sure the 40gb took 14 hrs O.o Looks like Aberation downloaded twice as I took in another 7Gb updaate for that. Now frolicking around the center map on a summoned in Rock Drake. Its so beautiful! So majestic ! Climbing so fluid, much smoother than thylo or megalania.

8 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Just finished taking all the updates. Best part of 24hrs to take in all the updates haha. Pretty sure the 40gb took 14 hrs O.o Looks like Aberation downloaded twice as I took in another 7Gb updaate for that. Now frolicking around the center map on a summoned in Rock Drake. Its so beautiful! So majestic ! Climbing so fluid, much smoother than thylo or megalania.

Mine auto installed and I could play it right away but then it had the first day patch release so I lost all of my progress, NOT MY THATCH HUT AND MY BULBDOG.

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

pro-tip = xbox throttles down your download if your xbox goes idle.  Keep a game like trove open (one that requires an internet connection) and you should download a lot faster.

It's a mixed bag it feels rushed out as there is certainly a lot of issues

The climbing pick and glider are two of the best additions to ark ever they completely change the gameplay

The creatures are all unique and interesting although there are a few ridiculous bugs with some of them EG: tamed shinehorns dying in areas of radiation.... Despite the fact they're found in areas of radiation

The map is mixed. It's beautiful but it's an absolute nightmare to try and navigate.. with multiple levels you'll try and get somewhere only to find that what you were after is on a completely different level and the map has no indication of this..... Maybe add a different map for each level you're on?

The surface is interesting but i have no idea how you can actually get onto the south western one as you spontaneously combust whenever you're near it regardless of time of day

The end boss is easily the best part of the dlc.. no spoilers but it's amazing... The end cutscene on the other hand doesn't work.... Atleast for me on Xbox it doesn't... Just shows a still screen and I have to exit the game

Overall it's a mixed bag there's plenty of good stuff but the bugs hold it back... I'd give it a 6/10 with potential of an 8/9 if they fix the issues

I think so! I have only been exploring on singleplayer looking for base locations for when I get the server switched over. Looking at a location thats not near water but my character started seeing Psychedellic colours all of a sudden lol :P recorded it but its still uploading.

The map is so gorgeous. And the location I found has tonnes of metal in that area only thing missing is the fact its not near water. But I think its a cool spot to live for the fact the area is so gorgeous and I would be willing to pipe water to that location. I haven't played much yet as am waiting to get my server running however I just am casual and take the game as it is. I didn't notice any bugs whilst exploring the map. But then I don't always remember that cause the negatives everyone always goes on about I honestly get sick of it as I just take the game as it is and play it for fun and enjoyment.

As I think if all you are going to do is complain about it and don't like it easy suggestion would be just don't play it and spare those of us who just play it for fun and don't always want to hear complaints. Yes I get the developers need to know but there is a point where the line is drawn and it just turns into annoying whining.

Best advice I can give is if you just want to enjoy it and take things as it comes and have fun. Make your own decision don't let the negative people turn you off getting something you may regret down the track. I have many times been nearly turned off a game cause of all the negative reviews. But then I get it and can't see why people are being so negative. So make your own decision based around what you want and don't let others influence/turn you off as you may regret it in the future. its a hard lesson I have learnt myself.

This is one area I am considering and the second area will be below this!
20171213231632_1.thumb.jpg.99953b8ee0ba82f1528486e5e7e9b5c2.jpg

Second area I am considering :) (somewhere around this location)
20171214015256_1.thumb.jpg.3932f306af4857874db6336cd256751f.jpg
20171214015948_1.thumb.jpg.61e5eccbabaab6a6f9c21c3a90c9cea7.jpg
20171214022542_1.thumb.jpg.250680ae34eb1aa9981dce6bf22b1eb1.jpg

Just beware of those green shrooms. They make you freezing with a psychedellic effect :) Quite funny :) But I am considering more teh second area now even though it means piping water cause sometimes I just love a bright location to live in thats not too dark :) But yes hope this helps. In the end if you really want it don't let others turn you off.

You won't regret it as its really fun. I hope if you get it you have fun.

5 minutes ago, Zergling963 said:

I think so! I have only been exploring on singleplayer looking for base locations for when I get the server switched over. Looking at a location thats not near water but my character started seeing Psychedellic colours all of a sudden lol :P recorded it but its still uploading.

The map is so gorgeous. And the location I found has tonnes of metal in that area only thing missing is the fact its not near water. But I think its a cool spot to live for the fact the area is so gorgeous and I would be willing to pipe water to that location. I haven't played much yet as am waiting to get my server running however I just am casual and take the game as it is. I didn't notice any bugs whilst exploring the map. But then I don't always remember that cause the negatives everyone always goes on about I honestly get sick of it as I just take the game as it is and play it for fun and enjoyment.

As I think if all you are going to do is complain about it and don't like it easy suggestion would be just don't play it and spare those of us who just play it for fun and don't always want to hear complaints. Yes I get the developers need to know but there is a point where the line is drawn and it just turns into annoying whining.

Best advice I can give is if you just want to enjoy it and take things as it comes and have fun. Make your own decision don't let the negative people turn you off getting something you may regret down the track. I have many times been nearly turned off a game cause of all the negative reviews. But then I get it and can't see why people are being so negative. So make your own decision based around what you want and don't let others influence/turn you off as you may regret it in the future. its a hard lesson I have learnt myself.

This is one area I am considering and the second area will be below this!
20171213231632_1.thumb.jpg.99953b8ee0ba82f1528486e5e7e9b5c2.jpg

Second area I am considering :) (somewhere around this location)
20171214015256_1.thumb.jpg.3932f306af4857874db6336cd256751f.jpg
20171214015948_1.thumb.jpg.61e5eccbabaab6a6f9c21c3a90c9cea7.jpg
20171214022542_1.thumb.jpg.250680ae34eb1aa9981dce6bf22b1eb1.jpg

Just beware of those green shrooms. They make you freezing with a psychedellic effect :) Quite funny :) But I am considering more teh second area now even though it means piping water cause sometimes I just love a bright location to live in thats not too dark :) But yes hope this helps. In the end if you really want it don't let others turn you off.

You won't regret it as its really fun. I hope if you get it you have fun.

I think you are under valuing the voice of frustration.

If you ever worked sales or customer service, complaining is a way to relieve stress. Let people relieve there stress.

Telling people not to play or not talk about problem is not a solution. It is a form of Isolating and diminishing the player base of a game. That isn't good for anyone or WC.

Now granted some people are toxic but majority of people, even myself just want to vent and move on.

5 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

Every bit of enjoyment comes to an end each time a Earthquake hits. Its like WC just couldnt get rid of fog and not replace it with something that screws over uninterrupted enjoyment.

Those earthquakes don't last very long though do they? It didn't seem like it was very long when I was watching people on twitch...

No but it forces me to stop whatever I am doing and sit there with my thumb up my backside, using that time to fume about the interruption of whatever I was doing. Its not as bad when you are on a dino, but its infuriating when you are on foot. Its a poorly thought out gimmick/excuse for why stone wasnt put in every section.

3 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

No but it forces me to stop whatever I am doing and sit there with my thumb up my backside, using that time to fume about the interruption of whatever I was doing. Its not as bad when you are on a dino, but its infuriating when you are on foot. Its a poorly thought out gimmick/excuse for why stone wasnt put in every section.

I guess I'd rather have a short earthquake than fog for 5 minutes, but that's just me. I'm kinda getting excited to try it out soon.

Archived