Just got back, is this game doing fine?

Chronosphere

On 11/24/2017 at 2:30 AM, Chronosphere said:

Hello community, :)

was wondering ive been catching up on some patch notes and ive seen few performances gains.. is there any difference that people feel from 6mnths ago too now? or still waitinf for direct x  ?:)

If you are playing Solo, sure. Probably.

If you have any intent to play on an Official Server PVE/PVP, nah, servers run like muck. PVP especially, duping is still rampant, tons of other bugs, exploits.

Private Servers with Adv rates if you're casual and just looking to mess around and get stuff done quickly would probably be okay.

I stopped playing this game since last year. Now I am back but I'd like to know a few things about the game.

Did they fix that pillar problem?

Friend told me most of the oficial servers are always empty, is that true?

One of the reasons I stopped playing was because of Alpha Tribes in  pvp servers.  Did they change anything about it? Idk, something that can keep newbies safe???

Hey,

i just saw your post about getting back into ARK. And yea, the official servers are kinda hard to play on because of nasty Alphas and griefers :(

However, the game is good, and if you want to enjoy yourself and have a good time without those issues. I can recommend the unofficial server im playing on atm :)

If you're interested just let me know, and i'll contact you via steam, if not that's cool too!

Have a great day,

Lila

No unfortunately the game is not ok.  Wildcard is in a terrible mess and most of the servers that they haven’t deleted are barely functioning.  They have released unfinished , broke, content and do nothing to remedy the situation.  They don’t respond to legitimate issues and take No responsibility for their gross negligence.  Trolls and greifers basically run the show on most dedicated servers and wildcard tends to actually back these low life’s, by implementing Rediculous game features that support trolls.  Wildcard has basically done its best to run off most of the Legitimate players in the past year. 

Their recent release of aberration is a perfect example of their complete and utter lack of any sensible and responsible management whatsoever.  The majority of their game is broke and gertting worse with every update and what is their response? Fix the issues, take responsibility, produce a working complete game that we all paid money for?  Nope.  Their answer is too release new content. 

Your best bet is to play single player or find a really good and safe private dedicated server to play on otherwise you will be severely disappointed and frustrated.

Performance is absolutely 100% worse in the last 6 months.  In fact on some servers the game is basically unplayable.  The game was even better a year ago then it is presently.  We have been keeping detailed stats on our servers and 2 years ago we would experience 1 to 2 crashes a day and minimal lag. Today we can look forward to anywhere between 30-60 crashes a day and at least 1-4 complete rollbacks daily.   With every new update the performance drops and crashes and lag get worse.  This is on official servers of course, which I would recommend avoiding,  I would say until they get it sorted out but it’s obvious they have no intentions of sorting anything out, broke maps, capped, lag infested, bug infested servers, and they only seem interested in releasing new  content.  Stick to single or trustworthy dedicated.  

• 1 month later...

i heard you loud and clear, just like itought, game is released with lack of content still missing and fixed that ruins our time and wasted abaration was force don to me and i cant remove it or download it becus no space even tho  igot 50 gig when i only need 12 4Head .. i quess i need 65 gb to  back it up huh ark .

Game is great.

Official servers are equal to: lag, rollbacks, tame caps, crashes and glitches.

An absolute pain that you may or may not tolerate depending on your love for the game.

An advise? Play single player on The Island, Scorched Earth and Aberration without watching youtube videos and without reading the wiki. You will find awesome worlds full of mysteries that you will fear and greatly enjoy.

As others have said. The game is fine. I've been playing the game for several years now and admining unofficial servers for just about as long. The ammount of bug induced frustration has gone down 99+%

Now, if by "Is this game doing fine" you mean, are people on official servers magically being better behaved, I wouldn't count on it.

Archived