Kostriktor

My first and prolly last post

2 minutes ago, Kostriktor said:

I figuered out, playing other games using the same engine, that those where actually polished and perfectly playable
: )

but hey, lets work on the TLC nobody needs

Of course you have. 

We understand, things can get a bit confusing at first.  Don't sweat it, you're off to a good start.

2 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

Of course you have. 

you go pretty confident, for a guy who let his kids play games at the age of 12...

at 12 i had piano lessons and swim course daily

and yes, unreal tournament and borderlands have no flaws, why is ark so damn bugged? how did they leave early access? how are they asking more and more money for this ?

all of this smells like cash grab and non-love of your own product

give me your money, is the thing here

1 minute ago, Kostriktor said:

skill is when i headshot you, when we are both aware of the situation.

In a multiplayer PvP game with guns where the goal is to out-survive other players, you should already be aware that someone will shoot at you. 

by that i dont mean those sneaky headshots you lay on someone from inside a bush while sneaky sneaky and cowardy.

"Hey guys!! I'm sniping from the bushes!!! Just wanted to let you know so you're aware that I'm a very skilled player who is very good at video games! Ok...so I'm going to shoot you now! Hey! Where'd you go! Did you run and hide? You must not be skilled then!"

Great advice.

time invested is collecting poop and eggs, refilling water to my cooking pot while waiting for the kibble to get cooked, chilling around collecting fiber and killing eventual threats to my tame while taming, all these boring things you have to do for the actual progress. these things dont make you skilled at the game, they make you boring

You're criticizing the fundamental aspects of succeeding in an open world sandbox survival game. If doing the things required to play the game bore you, then you don't like the game. Go play something else.

7 minutes ago, Kostriktor said:

at 12 i had piano lessons and swim course daily

And I'm sure you can swim super DUPER fast now.  Good Job!

See,  a little practice can pay off eventually.

9 minutes ago, Kostriktor said:

unreal tournament and borderlands have no flaws

Tsk, it's not polite to tell fibs Kosty.  :o

11 minutes ago, Kostriktor said:

why is ark so damn bugged

All software, including games, has bugs.  The concept you're having difficulty with is that most of the things you've listed are simply things you don't like or don't/can't understand yet.

And that's okay!  All that will come with time.

i keep getting disappointed, even by the niveau of the forum personnel

22 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

You're criticizing the fundamental aspects of succeeding in an open world sandbox survival game. If doing the things required to play the game bore you, then you don't like the game. Go play something else.

you're probably right, while having no problems with "farming", seeing my anky getting stuck every 3 minutes tilts me.
the devs solution is: go farm with the quetz, which is cheaty and lame, considering no bird is a cargo-helicopter. birds can carry their preys, thats it about hauling.
ill find something else, thanks for the advice

6 minutes ago, Kostriktor said:

you're probably right, while having no problems with "farming", seeing my anky getting stuck every 3 minutes tilts me.
the devs solution is: go farm with the quetz, which is cheaty and lame, considering no bird is a cargo-helicopter. birds can carry their preys, thats it about hauling.

So using the farming dinos in the game as they were intended seems "cheaty and lame?" Once again...if you don't like the fundamental mechanics of the game, why are you playing it? I hated Borderlands 2. Guess what I did?

And no, the Anky doesn't get stuck every 3 minutes...unless of course you're walking it into things. Which wouldn't surprise me.

6 minutes ago, Kostriktor said:

ill find something else, thanks for the advice

You're welcome. I hope you actually take it this time.

Edited by LouSpowells

1 minute ago, LouSpowells said:

So using the farming dinos in the game as they were intended seems "cheaty and lame?" Once again...if you don't like the fundamental mechanics of the game, why are you playing it?

And no, the Anky doesn't get stuck every 3 minutes...unless of course you're walking it into things. Which wouldn't surprise me.

You're welcome. I hope you actually take it this time.

its miserable, what you're doing, you realize that ? the fanboiness is overtaking you, your head isnt clear anymore and you start to go down heavy.

farming dinos are cool, living cargo helicopters arent.

apparently we can have crazy tek stuff, but we cannot craft some small airplane, or as mentioned, a cargo heli, nah, that wouldnt be cool between dinos and laserguns.

• Facepalm 1

also, im not maintaing this post for you zeroes to have a laugh, its for the dev to get inspired on what could be done, since the obviously dont play their own game.
the forum should be used in a constructive way, this is my feedback, which you try to have a laugh on, youre better up with youtube most probably ^_^
but yeah guess this place welcome everyone, of all classes, so, enjoy

Well this thread seems to have run its course as far as having any substantive value.

@Kostriktor if you have any other items you feel are bugs for the developers to look over feel free to post them in the bug reports and support section here:

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/forum/60-bug-reports-support/