Kostriktor

My first and prolly last post

Hello,
i downloaded this game in 2015, back then it didnt catch me.
2 days ago i retried it in my boredom; and i fell in love

the emotions this games transmits me are insane

this is why i today got myself the season pass, to support you awesome guys doing this amazing work.
i write this post in hope for you guys to play the game yourself, and see what could be improved, other than creting new and new content.
an example in what i mean are the little things; when i leave a water pool, as soon as i touch ground with my feets, my dude jumps, and after a 20 dives, it starts to get annoying.
another example could be the driving. the raft feels way too fast and its so clunky to stear...
I hope you guys work on these things to make the game feel really really good.
thanks for this and good luck !

ok i played the game now with some friends. i rent a server to make the thing the most lag-free.
my friends first impression was; clunky and buggy but naisu !
you guys should work on the gameplay, to keep your new players and not let them go.
remember half-life back in the days ? it had no flaws, everything felt perfect.
we cant say that about ark, its all buggy and that breaks the gameflow, terrifying new players off.

were living an era of gaming industry catastrophe, you dont want to loose those new players, who are potential season pass buyers !!

basically i recommend to work less on lategame in terms of adding new expansions and stuff, because nobody is gona give a damn if they get scared off by a clunky early game experience.

besides that, we had a great time hunting down dinos, sticking spears into each others face and we even captured a brontosaurus with slingshots :D
great great feelings !

• Like 1

A lot of people like the game, a lot do not, and a huge number have done everything, got bored and left.

The basic game is good, but it has some nasty bugs still that it would be better off without. This may have more to do with the underlying engine than the game itself.

Unfortunately once you get a heard of high level Rexes everything becomes far too easy- Mine are over level 350 with 100% imprint, 40,000+ health. Nothing much in the game can take them on.

i keep loving the feelings this game is letting me live

and i start to hate all the downsides the gameplay has...

things who could be easily fixed

instead, super big pay-to-have addons are released

x)

i cant understand that...

and this post is almost a week old and no replies....

another #feelsbad ?

hope not 

18 hours ago, RaptorRob456 said:

need of a nerf.

just like Therizinosaur !
That ridiculous Dodo scares me more than anything else because he's absolutely busted x)
i sent 5 raptors lvl 70 against him and he 3-taps them all beeing a level 40 hyper-dodo... feels really bad....
and he's everywher on the map x)

talking about fear, i got somewhat surprised when i got my raft Unicorned by that albino Leedsychtis for the first time. He looks so cute but then... BAM !
now everytime i drive that raft im scared like never befor.

these are exactly the emotions for which i love this game (and for which ill never go to the sea again irl)

Therizinos are t-rex equivalent. A rex would crush a horde of raptors. Avoid or trap therizinos. It literally took me six months to be good at ark. Play with a tribe for a bit to learn farming techniques and what tames to what. Get the dodo dex phone app so you know what creatures take to tame. Dodo dex is very very important.

Rhinenorr bro, using stupid techniques such as; i stand on a rock and shoot therizino until he dies, doesnt make you good at a game. it would be nice if i could fight dodo-chief therizino with skill, instead of lame trash-tactics.
also, give therizino a headbox already, at least, from on top of my rock, i can headshot him
and no, in no world a dodo-chief is equivalent to a rex ! give me a break

that therizino is just fail

On 12/14/2017 at 8:31 AM, Serious said:

Unfortunately once you get a heard of high level Rexes everything becomes far too easy- Mine are over level 350 with 100% imprint, 40,000+ health. Nothing much in the game can take them on.

I started a new server yesterday with 15 difficulty (wild dinos are spawning up to level 455) and 3x stat growth per level for wild dinos.  This has given a much more brutal starting experience and FAR more danger at any point.  It has put a more enjoyable feeling for me when playing.  The game is MUCH more difficult.  (Unfortunately the prevalence of ravagers makes survival almost impossible regardless because of a problem I posted about in another thread here in suggestions.)  

Increasing difficulty in such a way is a way to breathe life back into the game for some.

7 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

breathe life back into the game

because you veteran guys know all the "tricks", of course.
this is not the point though; a boring end-game is to expect in a survival game, because once reached the end-game, you survived !
what matters to me, and many others, and all those who quit after a 5minutes ingame, is the early game.

if the early game sucks, your playerbase will be tiny...

earlygame shouldn't be buggy as it is, we're in the third millennium, gamers expect flawless gameplay, not this kind of clunky thing.

everything in this game, starting with the HUD, feels just bad

no wonder we have no players.

14 hours ago, Kostriktor said:

this is not the point though; a boring end-game is to expect in a survival game, because once reached the end-game, you survived !

I don't know why you think that.  There are things to do end game now (boss fights), but they're so poorly thought out that they just simply are not fun.  They could implement end-game content that is fun to do, but that's beside the point.   My point was that the game is a bit bland at the default difficulty, so  I turned that difficulty up immensely.  I did it without taking away from what can be.

5 hours ago, banggugyangu said:

but they're so poorly thought out that they just simply are not fun.  They could implement end-game content that is fun to do

the fun would probably raise if the AI of the dinos would increase, and with that youll guaranteed see difficulty improvement

i like the mechanics in the game, yes the projectiles are slow and suck, but man macete and shield is like the best melee fun i had so far !

1 hour ago, Kostriktor said:

the fun would probably raise if the AI of the dinos would increase, and with that youll guaranteed see difficulty improvement

i like the mechanics in the game, yes the projectiles are slow and suck, but man macete and shield is like the best melee fun i had so far !

A tank and spank zerg rush is not a fun boss mechanic regardless of AI.  I made a post in suggestions about a year ago with proposed boss mechanics that would make every boss encounter a unique experience, and would promote use of dinos other than turtles and rexes for the boss fights.  (Each one would have its own utility depending on the fight itself.)

That's the original thread I posted about them.   My ideas weren't the only possibilities for boss fights, obviously, but is it really too much to ask that all the game's content be enjoyable?

so i have to say; i captured a therizino and see hes an amazing working machine, cuts wood, gather fiber, and even keeps my vegan diet satisfied.

what an amazing bird dino !
but for him being so op in combat (armor pierce ! ), and such a good working machine, i think he should be somewhat more rare on the map.

as Rheinenor mentioned, it's an equivalent to the rex !

ok im done with this game x)
the ice biome is completely bugged, you clip into terrain everywhere, most of the wild creatures are stuck somewhere, and the game is overall too buggy for me.

i run everygame at 144fps, but ark frame drops all of the time, its just a pain in the ass.

yes dinos in an open world is an everymans dream, but these devs dont give a raptor apparently.

#feelsbad

#couldvebeengreat

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Kostriktor said:

ok im done with this game x)
the ice biome is completely bugged, you clip into terrain everywhere, most of the wild creatures are stuck somewhere, and the game is overall too buggy for me.

i run everygame at 144fps, but ark frame drops all of the time, its just a pain in the ass.

yes dinos in an open world is an everymans dream, but these devs dont give a raptor apparently.

#feelsbad

#couldvebeengreat

Man, that's quick.  Went from "I luv this game" to "I quit" in 3 weeks?

I guess today's gamers are a bit different than me, I now feel like a dinosaur myself as STEAM says I've got 2017 hours and that's just on my main account.  I played SWG for almost 9 years and a few years after "official" on emulators (I ran 1 myself for 2 years).  And there were bugs in that too.  I've tried WoW, AoC, TESO, just about every MMORPG out there and quite a few single players also, Skyrim, Fallout 4, etc and ALL of them had bugs, some to the point of you couldn't finish the story of the game (looking at you, Fallout 4).  Beetle Cave, back on musti (SWG) had an entry bug in it that persisted until they closed the servers.  We just found work-arounds.

ARK doesn't limit you to "official" servers and their pings.  Look thru the "unofficial" list and find you 1 that has a low ping and better FPS, better "choices" of taming times, XP, etc etc etc.  My own server cluster, and we have every official map, gets pings of 30 or so to me anyway.  But each to the beholder.  There are other games, other buy-ins, lockboxes, and pixel stores you can hit anytime.

Edited by Esquire1980