Abberation difficulty offset

Whyate

So I have my own unofficial dedicated PS4 ark server and I'm trying to get the max lvl to be 150 (on wild Dino's) but when I get into the server the Dino's are mostly like lvl 4's and some lvl 1's and I haven't seen anything above 22 and I have the difficulty on 1, what should I put for max 150?

edit: and I've tried even difficulty 50 and same thing, does it have anything with the override difficulty thing?

I'm having the same issue. If you go to https://wiki.nitrado.net/en/Difficulty_settings_of_your_ARK:_Survival_Evolved_Server You'll see the server settings for all of the other servers. I've tried 5 and 0, 5 and 1, and 5 and 1.2857. All 3 get me a weird mix of dino levels. I want to have level 150 dinos. If anyone else can figure this out please let me know.

Just in the process of setting this up myself and all I did was add the offset to GameUserSettings.ini.

[ServerSettings]
DifficultyOffset=1.25

I have done DestroyWildDinos and after 10 minutes extracted the save data using Ark-tools and can confirm that I do appear to have max wild of 150.

Our Island server has a DifficultyOffset=1.0 and a Max Wild level 120.

Re-checked.  Only rock drakes appear to have levels above 120 using this offset with one just appearing at 152.  Back to the settings and I will update when confident of my own answer.

On 13/12/2017 at 2:23 AM, Zephyrbell said:

Figured it out, if anyone is looking for how to set dinos max lvl to 150 for PC. You change the Offset to 1, and the override to 5. (I know it's the opposite of what you would usually do, but just trust me).

Indeed.  Except for Rock Drakes which seemingly just spawn at whatever level they like (185 is max atm) my server now seems to be spawning most animals at a max level of 150 using the below settings in GameUserSettings.ini

[ServerSettings]
OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.0
DifficultyOffset=1.0

On 12/15/2017 at 4:05 PM, GINJANINJA1610 said:

Somehow every time I set the difficulty to 5.0, it changes it back to 1 when I exit and check the difficulty again. Anyone know why it does That?

The difficultyoffset, what that slider you're talking about changes, maxes at 1. The difficulty is calculated FROM that number based on the map, on aberration an offset of 1 gets you a difficulty of 4, and max difficulty check in the options that should push that to 5 does not work. You need to go to the config file and use the setting quoted below. The override line will not exist by default and you will need to add it. The config files are in ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor for SP on windows.

On 12/15/2017 at 9:05 AM, MirageUK said:

Indeed.  Except for Rock Drakes which seemingly just spawn at whatever level they like (185 is max atm) my server now seems to be spawning most animals at a max level of 150 using the below settings in GameUserSettings.ini

[ServerSettings]
DifficultyOffset=1.0

6 minutes ago, BaldBudgie said:

Not sure if you got this option on pc, but on ps4 my difficulty is set to 1 and theres a box in settings named "maximum difficulty" that needs to be checked. The dinos on my map now spawn at lvl 30, 50, 100, 135, 150 and so on, like on official

That SHOULD do it, but in my experience on PC at least that doesn't work any more.

Are high lvl dinos just rare on Aberration? I have a private pc server with these settings

[ServerSettings]
DifficultyOffset=1.0

Which I think should get me a max wild lvl of 225, but I did a destroywild dinos...then flew around with admin commands for an hour and the highest dino I found was 116, and most averaged under 70. 

Are my setting wrong or is it normal for high lvls to be really rare? I played rag for several months and high lvls were everywhere, so maybe im just spoiled.

We use ARK-tools to extract JSON text files from the world save after downloading over FTP.

https://github.com/Qowyn/ark-tools/releases

The command we use is just to export wild creatures:

ark-tools.exe wild c:\ARK\Abberation_P.ark C:\ARK\Wild\

Outputs 1 JSON file for each wild creature type - and contains a list of all creatures of that type on the map with co-ords and levels etc.

Example from LanternPug_Character_BP_C.json:

{
        "x": -79926.3515625,
        "y": -308332.5,
        "z": 73048.6640625,
        "lat": 11.5,
        "lon": 40.0,
        "id": 137595239046394770,
        "female": true,
        "color0": 47,
        "color2": 32,
        "color3": 50,
        "color4": 30,
        "color5": 45,
        "baseLevel": 5,
        "wildLevels": {
            "stamina": 1,
            "oxygen": 1,
            "food": 1,
            "weight": 1
        }
}

14 minutes ago, MirageUK said:

We use ARK-tools to extract JSON text files from the world save after downloading over FTP.

https://github.com/Qowyn/ark-tools/releases

The command we use is just to export wild creatures:

ark-tools.exe wild c:\ARK\Abberation_P.ark C:\ARK\Wild\

Outputs 1 JSON file for each wild creature type - and contains a list of all creatures of that type on the map with co-ords and levels etc.

Example from LanternPug_Character_BP_C.json:

{
        "x": -79926.3515625,
        "y": -308332.5,
        "z": 73048.6640625,
        "lat": 11.5,
        "lon": 40.0,
        "id": 137595239046394770,
        "female": true,
        "color0": 47,
        "color2": 32,
        "color3": 50,
        "color4": 30,
        "color5": 45,
        "baseLevel": 5,
        "wildLevels": {
            "stamina": 1,
            "oxygen": 1,
            "food": 1,
            "weight": 1
        }
}

Thank you, ill have to give that a try, this is bugging me, lol. Glidded to the bottom of the map today, and found some 130+ drakes, but still no where near 225

Archived