This is why we cant have nice things

Inigo

5 minutes ago, Uueerdo said:

Yeah, most games' Season Passes are permanent access to content delivered either over a given time frame or (more often) content specifically listed (though the details may be vague; like all that is known about the 3rd DLC for Ark's SP is that it will exist, and almost certainly consist of a new map with new creatures.)

*"most" because until this misconception was brought up on another occasion I was not aware of any that have time-limited access; apparently this is the norm for Rainbow 6.

I have never played Rainbow 6, but what you describe sounds like a hybrid of a season pass with a subscription model... which is a bit bizarre.  But if it works for them then who am I to say otherwise.  :D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

The lowest priced option INCLUDED the season pass. If you clicked on the bundle info, it is listed. That is why I was confused by the pricing. $20 for one map, or $14.53 for that map and the one in spring. Makes no sense. It would have also included SE if I did not already own it.

That simply means the Season Pass itself is currently on sale and not the stand-alone version of Aberration.

9 hours ago, Glerian said:

Ah, my mistake! I assumed it functioned like a season pass for a theme park, I've never actually purchased one. Thanks for clarifying, that changes things substantially. The season pass would objectively be the better value in that circumstance, more bang for your buck.

9 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

No worries, it can get a bit confusing.

Nah I'm not having none of this. Stop being nice to each other, put the gloves on, down some toxicity water and fight it to the death true forum style.

16 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

He didn't sum it up nicely. He lied about the situation to justify his emotional response to it.

I am rather curious as to where the lie resides, and how I came off as emotional?  

I was posting rational, logical, and factual information to clarify what I perceived the OP's issue to be about.  If you have factual evidence contrary to that which I posted, please list it.  

As to being emotional, I left most of my emotion in a bag in the basement for when they might be needed...  You know, family drama and those commercials about puppies with "In the arms of an angel..." playing in the background.

4 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

Nah I'm not having none of this. Stop being nice to each other, put the gloves on, down some toxicity water and fight it to the death true forum style.

Oh, and does anyone else see the fad phrase 'toxic' in chat and have nostalgic thoughts about the Toxic Avenger?  Or am I just that old...

19 hours ago, Uueerdo said:

Yeah, most games' Season Passes are permanent access to content delivered either over a given time frame or (more often) content specifically listed (though the details may be vague; like all that is known about the 3rd DLC for Ark's SP is that it will exist, and almost certainly consist of a new map with new creatures.)

*"most" because until this misconception was brought up on another occasion I was not aware of any that have time-limited access; apparently this is the norm for Rainbow 6.

Ghost Recon Wildlands is my favorite...  Buy season pass, get dlc... find out dlc is cheaper than season pass, but season pass gets a cool little patch for your backpack that no one can see and a weapon skin no one wanted.  Oh, and dlc is basically standalone with zero interaction between the main game and the dlc (each has their own weapons/characters).  Now that is a jacked up season pass.  

Honestly, even this drama with the Ark SP only seems to be ongoing due to a delay in the Aberration release.  And with the discount if you already own SE and being on sale, I can see how it is confusing.  

I think the best recourse to resolve all these issues is to make a video montage of Ichthyornis deaths and them remove them from existence.  If they were real somewhere in history, thats one creature that deserved to be extinct.

#NoMoreIchthyornisNazis

11 minutes ago, OttoGrunf said:

why than you compain?

Enjoying the game doesn't mean you can't have complaints about it. There are a lot of things I enjoy about Ark, but there are also plenty of things I think are dumb as crap. It doesn't have to be an "I HATE!" or "I LOVE!" type of thing...I feel like people lose track of that sometimes.

Not much to talk about on this topic, but yes sucks for people who bought it early, sucks for people who bought scorched earth, sucks for Everyone on the delay.  But with these online transactions I’ve learned to save my money, delay the urge to buy something I want, and if possible play for free if they offer it. Don’t think anyone needs their hand held on this one. Simply acknowledge it learn from it, and avoided in the future

Archived