This is why we cant have nice things

Inigo

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Aberration October Release announced, $45 dollar Season Pass released, gets bought up... Delayed, delayed.... Aberration release day! Season Pass 66% off for $15.29! Real classy boys. 

Sales happen all the time on platforms no one forced you to buy it at that price. It was also on sale during october on all platforms and Black friday weekend i believe.

3 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

Looks like its a 48 hour special.  That's a great price if a person doesn't have it already, only 43 hours left though.

I totally don't disagree, great price if they dont have it already.

Big slap in the face for the people who do, who were delayed 2 months in it's release without the option of purchasing the DLC by itself, which also coincidentally release today as well for 19.99.

Hell if people had that 2nd option 2 months ago that would have been super nice, could have saved a lot of money.

34 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

Sales happen all the time on platforms no one forced you to buy it at that price. It was also on sale during october on all platforms and Black friday weekend i believe.

While you are not wrong, you are also wrong. Sales do happen all the time, usually however when you offer a product for pre-purchase at a set price, it's in really poor taste to put it on sale the day of release for next to nothing, after lots of people pre-purchased it at full price.

31 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

I thought they had run specials on it over the last couple of months, quite possibly not quite that special though.  I freely admit I haven't been keeping track.

10-15% off for thanksgiving and christmas are nice and all, but no one since the announcement of Aberration even had the option of Purchasing it by itself for the 19.99 it is offered at today, by itself, which 

Instead everyone had to buy it at $45 in the season pass, or in the season pass on sale previously at 10% and 15% off, which is still not too much of a price difference compared to the 66% off right now.

What I'm trying to say here is, you have a pre-release item for sale, like an iPhone or the next Samsung Galaxy, you pre-purchase a package because that is the only purchase option available that includes earbuds and maybe insurance, and its a set price across the board anywhere you can purchase it, Thanksgiving and Christmas sales come along and sure you can get it for a few bucks less than listed price. Still awesome packages right, saved a few bucks over the holidays.

Well Release day comes, the package is on sale for 66% off, and not only that but NOW you have the option of buying the phone WITHOUT A PACKAGE AT ALL.

It's a lowball move that genuinely was very unfair to a lot of people who pre-purchased the DLC, and then had to wait because the release was pushed back 2 months... If it had actually release when they said it would have, wouldnt have really been an issue, people would have gotten 2 months of playtime before a drastic sale came along.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Inigo said:

While you are not wrong, you are also wrong. Sales do happen all the time, usually however when you offer a product for pre-purchase at a set price, it's in really poor taste to put it on sale the day of release for next to nothing, after lots of people 

10-15% off for thanksgiving and christmas are nice and all, but no one since the announcement of Aberration even had the option of Purchasing it by itself for the 19.99 it is offered at today, by itself, which 

Instead everyone had to buy it at $45 in the season pass, or in the season pass on sale previously at 10% and 15% off, which is still not too much of a price difference compared to the 66% off right now.

What I'm trying to say here is, you have a pre-release item for sale, like an iPhone or the next Samsung Galaxy, you pre-purchase a package because that is the only purchase option available that includes earbuds and maybe insurance, and its a set price across the board anywhere you can purchase it, Thanksgiving and Christmas sales come along and sure you can get it for a few bucks less than listed price. Still awesome packages right, saved a few bucks over the holidays.

Well Release day comes, the package is on sale for 66% off, and not only that but NOW you have the option of buying the phone WITHOUT A PACKAGE AT ALL.

It's a lowball move that genuinely was very unfair to a lot of people who pre-purchased the DLC.

Im not wrong at all in my post. Its common for games to do sales and often common for them to do it during dlc releases. This is not the first time that the dlc has gone on sale and it probably wont be the last time.  Complaining that you bought it at a higher price is just silly you could of waited to buy the season pass on sale at anytime during those months even waited until the release day which alot of people probably did today. Like i said you bought the season pass when you felt the need to. No one forced you to buy it at that time. You could of waited until today and gotten a great deal or during any of the other ones. 

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Dreadnaught said:

I got the season pass on a similar sale for $15, if you pay more than you want for anything in life its you who is to blame not the person selling.  A little life lesson if you care to learn it.

Nice glad you purchased it... 

9 minutes ago, Captnmorgan said:

Im not wrong at all in my post. Its common for games to do sales and often common for them to do it during dlc releases. This is not the first time that the dlc has gone on sale and it probably wont be the last time.  Complaining that you bought it at a higher price is just silly you could of waited to buy the season pass on sale at anytime during those months even waited until the release day which alot of people probably did today. Like i said you bought the season pass when you felt the need to. No one forced you to buy it at that time. You could of waited until today and gotten a great deal or during any of the other ones. 

name some games, dates pre-release prices vs. launch day prices. Also I don't recall ever saying I purchased the dlc/seasonpass, so you're arguing a moot point there

http://store.steampowered.com/app/708770/ARK_Aberration__Expansion_Pack/

Buy ARK: Survival Evolved Season Pass

Includes 3 items: ARK: Aberration - Expansion Pack, ARK: Scorched Earth - Expansion Pack, ARK: Survival Evolved Season Pass

SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends in 42:15:12

-66%
$44.99
$15.29

5 minutes ago, Hosscat said:

Weird. I click that link and it still shows only 33% discount for me.

Awwww snap!! you must have been one of the guys that didnt have to buy Scorched Earth, because that entire DLC was given away for FREE in Ragnarok(I'll honestly probably wait for Ragnarok to get finished, I'm sure there is a corner of that map we'll get all the Aberation critters too.).

If that's the case, you could score Aberration by itself for only $20

I'm honestly to this day still not quite sure why people gobble up sales immediately for this game at this point, only to regret it soon after in such a manner. After so many times, its like someone paying for a tasty piece of candy to be made, but when its place in front of you, it shocks you the first couple of times because it isn't ready to be eaten yet...so you just keep. Grabbing. At. It.

By the time you get to eat it, someone else gets the same piece for less wait, only got a small zap at a cheaper price, and it looks fresher with less inconsistencies in flavor.  In some cases - like Scorched-to-Ragnarok - even ending up free and painless. Odd...Yet you always want it now.

Can you not see that it punishes those who don't exercise patience?  I learned the first time. Fool me once...

18 minutes ago, Masurao said:

I'm honestly to this day still not quite sure why people gobble up sales immediately for this game at this point, only to regret it soon after in such a manner. After so many times, its like someone paying for a tasty piece of candy to be made, but when its place in front of you, it shocks you the first couple of times because it isn't ready to be eaten yet...so you just keep. Grabbing. At. It.

By the time you get to eat it, someone else gets the same piece for less wait, only got a small zap at a cheaper price, and it looks fresher with less inconsistencies in flavor.  In some cases - like Scorched-to-Ragnarok - even ending up free and painless. Odd...Yet you always want it now.

Can you not see that it punishes those who don't exercise patience?  I learned the first time. Fool me once...

You know, i scored it on sale in July 2015 right after it released, loved the hell out of it. Scored SE on sale, was awesome.

Caught them both on sale again for $9 and $5 respectively when they had their mega sales, for my builder alt. It was all good.

I'm just pointing the dirty business practice, of ONLY offering it in a package, and then severely discounting said package on release day, and then also allowing you to buy the DLC by itself(which before today was not even an option people knew was even going to be available to them).

6 minutes ago, Inigo said:

You know, i scored it on sale in July 2015 right after it released, loved the hell out of it. Scored SE on sale, was awesome.

Caught them both on sale again for $9 and $5 respectively when they had their mega sales, for my builder alt. It was all good.

I'm just pointing the dirty business practice, of ONLY offering it in a package, and then severely discounting said package on release day, and then also allowing you to buy the DLC by itself(which before today was not even an option people knew was even going to be available to them).

Thats just how it works. Annoying for most early supporters, yet beneficial for the latecomers. Live and learn.

1 hour ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

Making players buy it at 40 was a way for wc to pocket an extra 20 bucks off players....most that purchased the season pass won't even play the 2018 expansion. Suckers. :(     but I may buy the 15 dollar version lol 

This is a victim mentality, no one made anyone buy anything.  There was no gun to anyones head with a guy on the trigger saying buy aberation or your dead.  Is this the most honest business practace?  No its not but if you have been paying any attention to the gaming industry or just this game for instance you can see our hobbies creators and publishers are getting greedier and greedier, its nothing new and i expect the underhandedness now.  The only way this will change is if people start voicing their displeasure with their wallets instead of whining on forums.

Archived