How to leave abberation

Abaddon09511

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, mizunami said:

so why is it i cant transfer my dinos off of aberation to theisland..on official servers..pve prime plus

Should be fixed if you are on PC:

On 3/27/2017 at 10:42 AM, Jatheish said:

v275.32
- Aberration Dinos can now be properly downloaded on ARKs other than Aberration. Requires Server Update.

However, if you are on consoles, it will be in the upcoming version (most likely due to cert, etc):

On 3/27/2017 at 11:00 AM, Jatheish said:

Upcoming Version:
- Aberrant dinos set to downloadable on non-Aberration servers.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 12:24 PM, DaGoodNamesWereTaken said:

Nobody told you to transfer in so fast. I, Like most people actually scouted before they went in. I knew what I was getting myself into when I transferred in. No Drops, except there is drops.

Lower Mushroom forest has them, they look like cave drops with beacons.

Right, I'm an idiot for following posted suggestions by the devs themselves.   BTW the devs did suggest lvl 60 or higher for survivability  and also mentioned that the difficulty would be much lower than scorched, which I could get out of there in 5 min flat.  All this information was posted on this website, so I did do my homework, there was definitely some misinformation being thrown about.   Also don't try and make it sound like there's a drop around every corner.    I did finally get out, but it was a huge pain in the butt.  

Ill also say what i have to say :D

U can look around underground for lootcrates (looking like deepsea/cave crates) or make ur way out of the underground within 1h... ull need to collect enough metal for the climbing gear, craft 2 or 3 of those together with parachutes and sleepingbags... if u got enough movement speed ittl be easy to get out to the ark.. if not ull just need to try

17 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Should be fixed if you are on PC:

However, if you are on consoles, it will be in the upcoming version (most likely due to cert, etc):

except it didn't fix. ((sorry couldn't reply because of the lockout content)) the thing is, primitive plus has been having issues transfering anything thats not a base dino from the island

PRIMITIVE PLUS : so here's the thing, it feels terribly much like primitive plus is getting NO help these days whatsoever,

First and foremost we STILL can't transfer map specific dinos to and from other maps, i.e. wyvern, griffon, -ANY- of the abberation creatures, and this issues has been going on for a -long- time this issue was mentioned before and the only answer we got was " this should be fixed on pc" well it's not, not for months and months now, next , there is still the issue of unplayable sections of even the ISLAND , the swamp cave for example , is nearly impossible on primitive plus, because of the gas,

Abberation & Primitive plus : when loading into the abberation map i was excited "yay me and my friends can come play with glowey dinos" only to discover a new level of torture, i enjoy the map i enjoy the new dinos and the story, but i also enjoy the primitive plus community,it's nice, helpful and friendly, but the map cannot be played,

A: there are -NO- saddles for the new dinosaurs whatsoever, because of this the grind for wood is kind of rediculous

B: with grappling hooks disabled on abberation ,mean that a map, who's primary focus is vertical exploration , can't be done, because along with missing saddles , we are also missing the climbing hooks, 

C: large portions of the map are unplayable because of no way to counter act radiation in any way, i love the game, i play it on ALL modes, pve, pvp and prim plus, considering Prim plus is touted as "official" one might expect more love, at this point i would almost rather there be no abberation map for prim plus rather than have to log in spend the many hours it took to level up to a point where i could make grappling hooks only to discover they don't work...

Finally and this may seem out of place considering i made this account specifically to poke at some problems but...i do love this game, keep up the good work, and i can't wait to see what extiction has in store for us as far as the story is concerned, but please, if prim plus is going to be ignored, why even have the game mode at all ?

On 12/16/2017 at 12:17 PM, SharkBomb said:

PRIMITIVE PLUS : so here's the thing, it feels terribly much like primitive plus is getting NO help these days whatsoever,

First and foremost we STILL can't transfer map specific dinos to and from other maps, i.e. wyvern, griffon, -ANY- of the abberation creatures, and this issues has been going on for a -long- time this issue was mentioned before and the only answer we got was " this should be fixed on pc" well it's not, not for months and months now, next , there is still the issue of unplayable sections of even the ISLAND , the swamp cave for example , is nearly impossible on primitive plus, because of the gas,

Abberation & Primitive plus : when loading into the abberation map i was excited "yay me and my friends can come play with glowey dinos" only to discover a new level of torture, i enjoy the map i enjoy the new dinos and the story, but i also enjoy the primitive plus community,it's nice, helpful and friendly, but the map cannot be played,

A: there are -NO- saddles for the new dinosaurs whatsoever, because of this the grind for wood is kind of rediculous

B: with grappling hooks disabled on abberation ,mean that a map, who's primary focus is vertical exploration , can't be done, because along with missing saddles , we are also missing the climbing hooks, 

C: large portions of the map are unplayable because of no way to counter act radiation in any way, i love the game, i play it on ALL modes, pve, pvp and prim plus, considering Prim plus is touted as "official" one might expect more love, at this point i would almost rather there be no abberation map for prim plus rather than have to log in spend the many hours it took to level up to a point where i could make grappling hooks only to discover they don't work...

Finally and this may seem out of place considering i made this account specifically to poke at some problems but...i do love this game, keep up the good work, and i can't wait to see what extiction has in store for us as far as the story is concerned, but please, if prim plus is going to be ignored, why even have the game mode at all ?

@SharkBomb I could not agree with you more. I dont understand why they even offered it on prim plus if they arent going to give you the stuff to be able to fully enjoy the map....  I honestly would not have bought it if I knew they didnt give us saddles and everything. If they announced it was tech only i for sure would not have bought it, I love the primitive challenges, but dang... give us saddles and basic gear at least! 

You DO NOT need to go to the surface to leave.

You DO NOT need to use the OB to transfer out.

There are beacons that come down from the surface in some areas.

The Mushroom forest has at least 2 white/green/blue drops. One that drops in the river just to the side of the broken covered bridge, the other is nearby to that spot.

North of the Mushroom forest you will find ramps that lead up towards the surface, not to the actual surface. There you will find quite a few more beacons that land below the surface. I know of at least 6 beacons in this area. in the 30,40 or 30,50 area of the map.

Good Luck.

There is like at least 6 drops that spawn around edge 1 that you can walk too.. there is even a green drop on the floor right where you spawn. 

The problem you people are having is because the server is so full someone probably took the drop first. When I first started i saw people moaning about being trapped in chat so I saw a drop high up on a cliff and built a big ladder up too it , was only LVL 18 , I built a little base there so I knew I could transfer stuff back whenever I wanted . Didn' transfer character because I have lost a lvl 100 before and it sucks .

9 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

There is like at least 6 drops that spawn around edge 1 that you can walk too.. there is even a green drop on the floor right where you spawn. 

The problem you people are having is because the server is so full someone probably took the drop first. When I first started i saw people moaning about being trapped in chat so I saw a drop high up on a cliff and built a big ladder up too it , was only LVL 18 , I built a little base there so I knew I could transfer stuff back whenever I wanted . Didn' transfer character because I have lost a lvl 100 before and it sucks .

Truuuu built a base inbetween like 5 drops I finally found some 

We started in the mushroom hill zone, before moving down to the blue marble zone with our second base.
Oh wait that's sonic....

But seriously, Aberration is challenging. It's in certain cases way harder than any map we've had before.
Does that mean it's impossible? Nope. You need patience and creative thinking to bypass many of the problems that this new map throws at you.
And sometimes you need to gamble.

Right now we have a nice base on a stone cliff platform in the bio-luminescence zone.
We're slowly preparing to descend deeper using bred spino's and ravagers.
But it's going slow since we don't have access to our Tek stuff from the island.
But we'll get there eventually, just not at the original rate we planned.

• 2 months later...

So I started playing this game from Aberration and joined a tribe of three ppl there, I've leveled to 92, but none of us is experienced in boss fight and what we need to gather for doing that. 

I found out this game is supposed to be played by moving around the available maps, I usually treated old map as just....old map and play on the latest. So I think I should go back and start on The Island first, ascend, beat the boss, get tek gears from there first.

But as this thread stated, how do I leave ? I have a drake from lv 190 egg to take me to the surface, but the reaper king there spawns like crazy can spawn like 2-4 or maybe 5 at once, I tried to fight two but the drake's hp was down by like maybe 1k , if my drake only get 10k then I can only take down like maybe 10 of them if they keep spawning near the obelisk. I'll probably stay some more time here until I hit 100 and experience the new stuffs here, before going to the island, but i am curious how.

Also if I have a tribe here on Aberration server and I leave to other server with The Island map, this Aberration server will still recognize me as a member of this tribe when I get back, right ?

If I go to the island and find a new tribe, then can I join forces with this new tribe if they haven't established a base on the Aberration server where I play previously ? So this new tribe on the island recruit me, then if he goes to Aberration where I play I recruit him, so I have two tribes on 2 different servers and we can join forces and resources, does it work like that ?

4 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

So I started playing this game from Aberration and joined a tribe of three ppl there, I've leveled to 92, but none of us is experienced in boss fight and what we need to gather for doing that. 

I found out this game is supposed to be played by moving around the available maps, I usually treated old map as just....old map and play on the latest. So I think I should go back and start on The Island first, ascend, beat the boss, get tek gears from there first.

But as this thread stated, how do I leave ? I have a drake from lv 190 egg to take me to the surface, but the reaper king there spawns like crazy can spawn like 2-4 or maybe 5 at once, I tried to fight two but the drake's hp was down by like maybe 1k , if my drake only get 10k then I can only take down like maybe 10 of them if they keep spawning near the obelisk. I'll probably stay some more time here until I hit 100 and experience the new stuffs here, before going to the island, but i am curious how.

Also if I have a tribe here on Aberration server and I leave to other server with The Island map, this Aberration server will still recognize me as a member of this tribe when I get back, right ?

If I go to the island and find a new tribe, then can I join forces with this new tribe if they haven't established a base on the Aberration server where I play previously ? So this new tribe on the island recruit me, then if he goes to Aberration where I play I recruit him, so I have two tribes on 2 different servers and we can join forces and resources, does it work like that ?

This is gonna be a mouthful...

Here is a few thing to note.

Firstly, you dont "leave", like many other maps. you just Transfer over to other maps "through data transfer". Use the loot crate drop that spawns thoroughout the map.

If you are heading to surface, Unless you are trying to get Reaper King Barb (which you really shouldn't bother with a Rock Drake regardless of levle unless you know what you are doing), just avoid the Reaper King. Drakes aren't meant for combat even with 14kHP and 500% DMG. They don't give EXP and even if they do, its margin of what you can get killing spino and Reaper Queen. Just climb on wall, or remain invisible if you can.

Yes, long as you do not lose your character because of rollback shenanigans, next time you come back to aberration it will (eventually) recognize you as a member of tribe.

As for new tribe in island... thats up to you. Just be careful of who you trust within the tribe. And ever since the item transfer was accidentally switched on (and persisted), yes, resources can be shared through data transfer. If you do kill Beta Dragon, all you need is a Tek Transmitter (though it has to be made at a server with Replicator placed in tribe) and you are set for moving items or servers with ease.

5 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

This is gonna be a mouthful...

Here is a few thing to note.

Firstly, you dont "leave", like many other maps. you just Transfer over to other maps "through data transfer". Use the loot crate drop that spawns thoroughout the map.

If you are heading to surface, Unless you are trying to get Reaper King Barb (which you really shouldn't bother with a Rock Drake regardless of levle unless you know what you are doing), just avoid the Reaper King. Drakes aren't meant for combat even with 14kHP and 500% DMG. They don't give EXP and even if they do, its margin of what you can get killing spino and Reaper Queen. Just climb on wall, or remain invisible if you can.

Yes, long as you do not lose your character because of rollback shenanigans, next time you come back to aberration it will (eventually) recognize you as a member of tribe.

As for new tribe in island... thats up to you. Just be careful of who you trust within the tribe. And ever since the item transfer was accidentally switched on (and persisted), yes, resources can be shared through data transfer. If you do kill Beta Dragon, all you need is a Tek Transmitter (though it has to be made at a server with Replicator placed in tribe) and you are set for moving items or servers with ease.

Yea, I've tried like maybe twice moving around the maps, in fact this character I play on Aberration was a lv 77 character from Ragnarok. I am just worried about the reaper kings that can spawn around the obelisk and can probably kill me too if I'm not aware of its spawn behind me while accessing obe choosing server. Everything in aberration really does want to kill you lol, like someone said on page 1. 

Ah the drake camo I forgot about that lol, will be very useful to navigate through the surface. 

Yes, has to be careful with the tribe thing, maybe it's better if all in the tribe move to establish a new settlement on the different server and comeback before 8 days for resetting structure and dino decay, but seems like Aberration really make it more difficult. 

21 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

Yea, I've tried like maybe twice moving around the maps, in fact this character I play on Aberration was a lv 77 character from Ragnarok. I am just worried about the reaper kings that can spawn around the obelisk and can probably kill me too if I'm not aware of its spawn behind me while accessing obe choosing server. Everything in aberration really does want to kill you lol, like someone said on page 1. 

Ah the drake camo I forgot about that lol, will be very useful to navigate through the surface. 

Yes, has to be careful with the tribe thing, maybe it's better if all in the tribe move to establish a new settlement on the different server and comeback before 8 days for resetting structure and dino decay, but seems like Aberration really make it more difficult. 

Yep. Thats why everytime an actual newcomer comes to aberration and ask for advice, the first thing said is: Play Island first. Aberration isn't a newcomer-friendly place.

If you exit for even a second, if a Reaper King is buried inside, it will unbury and give chase as if you are not camo'd. Other Reaper Kings nearby will seek you out as well if you are being chased by one nearby. Also, going too close to Seeker will cause them to chase after you as well if you have Charge Light turned on. I always bolt the heck off the moment I grab the beacon with lootall, in case a Reaper King spawns; you never know where they are buried, only know they are around by Rock Drake's head feather and its head turning reaction.

9 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Yep. Thats why everytime an actual newcomer comes to aberration and ask for advice, the first thing said is: Play Island first. Aberration isn't a newcomer-friendly place.

If you exit for even a second, if a Reaper King is buried inside, it will unbury and give chase as if you are not camo'd. Other Reaper Kings nearby will seek you out as well if you are being chased by one nearby. Also, going too close to Seeker will cause them to chase after you as well if you have Charge Light turned on. I always bolt the heck off the moment I grab the beacon with lootall, in case a Reaper King spawns; you never know where they are buried, only know they are around by Rock Drake's head feather and its head turning reaction.

I suspected seeker has something to do with reaper, I thought they call them, and so I'm right.

What does that Rock Drake's head feather and its head turning reaction do ? never notice anything with it.

45 minutes ago, DonaldDuck said:

I suspected seeker has something to do with reaper, I thought they call them, and so I'm right.

What does that Rock Drake's head feather and its head turning reaction do ? never notice anything with it.

Nah, Seeker don't call Reaper King. Only Nameless do. Seekers are just annoying, which is true by its scientific name given. :P

Whenever a Reaper King is buried somewhere and moving, regardless if its allies, enemies or wild (own tribe's Reaper King don't have this reaction), a ridden Rock Drake will start to turn its head to and fro with itshead feather furled up, trying to look for it. It really is just an indicator of its presence, nothing more.

4 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Nah, Seeker don't call Reaper King. Only Nameless do. Seekers are just annoying, which is true by its scientific name given. :P

Whenever a Reaper King is buried somewhere and moving, regardless if its allies, enemies or wild (own tribe's Reaper King don't have this reaction), a ridden Rock Drake will start to turn its head to and fro with itshead feather furled up, trying to look for it. It really is just an indicator of its presence, nothing more.

Nameless does summon reaper but it has different name, Subterranean Reaper if I remember correctly. By calling I mean attract nearby reaper king, not summon one from nowhere like nameless does.

Good to know about that feather indicator thing, I'll pay attention to that the next time I go to the surface.

11 hours ago, DonaldDuck said:

Nameless does summon reaper but it has different name, Subterranean Reaper if I remember correctly. By calling I mean attract nearby reaper king, not summon one from nowhere like nameless does.

Oddly enough, that might not be the case. Reaper King could appear randomly around even without seeker's presence, and they don't appear even when Seeker is attacking your drake.

On 3/13/2018 at 6:57 PM, Vaculity said:

Oddly enough, that might not be the case. Reaper King could appear randomly around even without seeker's presence, and they don't appear even when Seeker is attacking your drake.

Maybe just a coincidence or whatever , it's not that important. Thing is Seeker and Reaper are equally annoying when visiting the surface. 

--------

I think I can manage to leave Aberration when it's time, but how do you guys move your dinoes from Aberration with reaper kings randomly attacking ? especially when you have quite a few dinoes to move, a pair of each of the light dino such as shinehorns, bulbdogs, featherlights and glowtails. Not only it'll be tedious moving them to the surface, but they might not survive if reaper kings attacking, also have to factor in the time of day to be there early in case random crash happens or dc. 

Archived