Spring 2018 DLC sneak peek

mackyishere

Hi

I just saw the end boss of aberration and the ending cinematic and my theory about the last dlc is becoming true... at least thats what i think...

The last DLC will be on earth... you can see right now in the cinematic that you are not being transfered to another ark, but to the earth itself.. Then you see the normal ark barrier that generates the clouds and the sky... and then.. BAM, the obelisk stop working and reveals a huge land behind, a broken atmosphere, a distant sun.. thats clearly not an ark.. at least not a floating ark, because the atmospheres on the space arks surround all the land, not only a part...

My theory is that on earth there are arks too, and that one was just one that stopped working.. we can now see what happened on earth and the abandoned buildings of what was left of humanity.

3 hours ago, Ryrarn said:

Hi

I just saw the end boss of aberration and the ending cinematic and my theory about the last dlc is becoming true... at least thats what i think...

The last DLC will be on earth... you can see right now in the cinematic that you are not being transfered to another ark, but to the earth itself.. Then you see the normal ark barrier that generates the clouds and the sky... and then.. BAM, the obelisk stop working and reveals a huge land behind, a broken atmosphere, a distant sun.. thats clearly not an ark.. at least not a floating ark, because the atmospheres on the space arks surround all the land, not only a part...

My theory is that on earth there are arks too, and that one was just one that stopped working.. we can now see what happened on earth and the abandoned buildings of what was left of humanity.

I agree. Only Id change that the Ark on earth was only meant as a portal to reach and study the other arks.  But when aberration got damaged it powered up an ark and sent a nameless to earth, which caused all that devastation.  Most likely the Queen reaper since if she impregnates one human it would just multiply over time. And thus the abandoned buildings and such.  Real cool way to end it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2017 at 2:17 PM, bennyrodz said:

I agree. Only Id change that the Ark on earth was only meant as a portal to reach and study the other arks.  But when aberration got damaged it powered up an ark and sent a nameless to earth, which caused all that devastation.  Most likely the Queen reaper since if she impregnates one human it would just multiply over time. And thus the abandoned buildings and such.  Real cool way to end it.

The only way to leave the arks is to beat the final boss (which nameless can't do) or hack into the arms (which nameless also can't do) and the arks where most likely made after what hapend to earth. Personaly I think it could be a list of thangs (epidemic, meatier, super valcano, exc) that could have drove humanity to the brink of extinction and the arks are houmanity's last chance to evolve to survive

15 hours ago, ProfeserPupp22 said:

The only way to leave the arks is to beat the final boss (which nameless can't do) or hack into the arms (which nameless also can't do) and the arks where most likely made after what hapend to earth. Personaly I think it could be a list of thangs (epidemic, meatier, super valcano, exc) that could have drove humanity to the brink of extinction and the arks are houmanity's last chance to evolve to survive

The nameless, or reaper, could have followed Helen down when she opened the portal, they made their own portal to earth so they didn't need to beat the boss.  And if what happened on earth happened before the arks, then we should never have been able to see the city and the skyline in all its beauty when you first ascend (you only see it destroyed when the ark loses power).  It should have been destroyed all along if that is the case, and we should have never seen it in its city form.  But who knows the actual story, looking forward to more explorer notes.

A section from a story I am posting in the Creative Chat section; Ark, Land of the Lost. It will appear in about a week.

“At the end of a long passageway in the hot lava cave, we found an alien looking chamber and entered it. The next thing that we knew, we were in some kind of a ship overlooking the island where we had been for the past ten days. It was quite a shock when we realized that we were actually living on some kind of giant lifeboat in space orbiting a dead world. We could see thousands of them out the window of that giant ship.”

Yamaharo, “Close by one of the terminals, where we saw prehistoric creatures being created, I found a crate that contained our flight suits. They were in perfect condition. Inside, was a note from Helena that read,”

“There, floating outside the window and surrounded by machinery, was the very island that I had been living on, and it too was orbiting high above the Earth along with countless other stations just like it. The ecosystem on The Island wasn't just curated, it was completely artificial from the ground up!”

Dr. Carys responds;

What in the hell is all this, why would anyone construct it, and how could they have possibly kept it hidden from the world? I don't have the answers to any of these questions or the dozens of others that keep popping into my head, but somehow, I mean to find out. Somehow, I'll find the truth.

“How did you know what was written on that note,” Yamaharo asks Dr. Carys in astonishment.

“I wrote that notes a year ago,” answers Dr. Carys. “You see, my first name is really Helena. I was one of the first people from this Earth ever to visit The Island. I wrote and left those notes there for future visitors.”

“You wrote that it was the Earth below,” answers Joe. “Yet, what we saw out the window, was a desert planet, a place where there was no green forests, no white snow, no blue oceans, just tans and browns with a few clouds in a brown dusty sky. We saw the prehistoric Earth as a giant transparent globe on that ship, a present day Earth and what must have been a future one with vast areas of destruction. Your hand book and notes were in an old rusty ammo can in a structure that looked like it had been falling apart for hundreds of years.”

“Helena had returned to us only a year ago,” answers Dr. Einstein. “She had reported that the planet she saw below was still green even though the continents had moved some several hundred miles apart and the Antarctic Continent no longer was covered in ice.”

“Then, what I must have seen was our future Earth before it turned into a desert,” answers Dr. Carys. “When the inhabitants became aware that the planet was dying, they must have built these Arks as lifeboats so they could survive in orbit.”

“Something must have went wrong given that when I was there, all the inhabitants on The Island were at war killing each other for dominance. Did you or Yamaharo ever find any of them, or their villages and towns that I saw when I was there?”

“Only the ruins of their stone structures,” answers Joe.

“The same here,” answers Yamaharo.

“Then, it looks like the human race succeeded in fighting among themselves until they went extinct, in spite of their building those Arks for their survival.” answers Dr. Einstein.

My theory about the story of ark is this.

In the future the human species is dying.(mayby a virus wich contains element.) The humans understands that they will be extinct and nothing can survive the earth anymore. Therefore they make a project called Ark. The Arks are challenges for humans that is on them. When they ascend they are ready for a new ark until there is none left to challenge. In the end they will be ready to face the dangers on the earth and possibly repopulate it again.

Has anyone ever considered the Survivors of aberration may have done something to the Plant? i mean they did Nuke the control tower to aberrations overseer, she already shoots first asks Questions later. We dont know how long ago they were even on Aberration or if they are still alive, but judging by the state of the Ruins... its been a long time. like consider the Fact they may be the reason the earth is so Damaged. Maybe what ever they found they wernt happy with enough to go on a rampage and nuke the town/planer. Think of this, where's their moral compass pointing... if they get back to earth and see who or what ever is playing God so to speak coping pasting the survivors for what ever the Reasons... would that not be wrong Morally? would that be enough to tip them over the Edge stop the cycle of testing by taking down the operations even if it means killing the creation process needed to continue Survival ?  were not even sure how many made it through back to earth or even what ever is on the other side is friendly. last thing you want is your creation turning up at your doorstep asking Questions, why the ARKS were never routed to the planet only by high jacking the Obis did they By pass it. Who knows but that planet looked like a Civ once. and very similar to the Design of the Arks therefore it must be the same people/aliens running it. the Planet itself must have been up and running before the ARKS.

That said Could be the opposite, the Planet died  be it. Theres a lesson in the background that Humanity on a whole is always trying to Control its Destination. always trying to control the issue or even the Cause. Power hungry is man Kinds biggest feat, wouldn't surprise me there was a War on that morality So big it took the Planet Down ? One things for sure its still active on the Surface so what ever is down there will most likely not be happy to see us haha.

From my upcoming story, another snippet;

“I really regret having invented the atomic bomb,” Dr. Oppenheimer answers. “Still, had the other side developed it first, we might not be here today to have this conversation. It’s possible that they would have destroyed this planet already. It’s possible that we could still destroy it ourselves.”

“In order to preserve the human race, we should consider taking Dr. Carys up on The Keeper’s offer to return with like friend. To return with the hope of the new Adam and Eve. To repopulate the future Earth with humans. To do so in harmony with the environment. To do so in peace.”

“What do we have to do to make it happen?” ask Dr. Wernher von Braun.

“Down below through the closet door in the back, we have an alter that can open a portal directly to The Island.” answers Einstein. “We only need to select the people that are willing to go on this mission with the understanding that it will likely be a one way trip.”

“Can it be directed to send us back to Herbivore Island?” ask Joe.

“I believe so,” answers Dr. Einstein.

“I’d love to go back,” answers Joe. “There is nothing back here for me.”

“Emperor Hirohito told me to continue on my important mission. I’ll go,” answers Yamaharo.

“It sounds like a fabulous adventure,” answer Dr. Sadako.

“Do you think that we qualify?” ask Sargent Jones and Mays.

“I had you two picked out some time ago,” answers Einstein. “That’s why you two were assigned here together to work for me.”

“Then, lets get it done before some higher authorities discovers this portal and mucks everything up,” Dr. Oppenheimer answers. “I fully suspect that they may soon yank my security clearance over my concerns over this nuclear arms race we are involved in with the Soviets.”

On 08/01/2018 at 10:11 PM, Synistermissy said:

Has anyone ever considered the Survivors of aberration may have done something to the Plant? i mean they did Nuke the control tower to aberrations overseer, she already shoots first asks Questions later. We dont know how long ago they were even on Aberration or if they are still alive, but judging by the state of the Ruins... its been a long time. like consider the Fact they may be the reason the earth is so Damaged. Maybe what ever they found they wernt happy with enough to go on a rampage and nuke the town. Think of this, wheres their moral compass pointing... if they get back to earth and see who or what ever is playing God so to speak coping pasting the survivors for what ever the Reasons... would that not be wrong Morally. Who knows but that planet looked like a Civ once. and very similar to the Design of the Arks therefore it must be the same people/aliens running it. the Planet itself must have been up and running before the ARKS.

That said Could be the opposite, the Planet died  be it. Theres a lesson in the background that Humanity on a whole is always trying to Control its Destination. always trying to control the issue or even the Cause. Power hungry is man Kinds biggest feat, wouldn't surprise me there was a War on that morality So big it took the Planet Down ? One things for sure its still active on the Surface so what ever is down there will most likely not be happy to see us haha.

Yea, if you read the notes from Island, Scorched and Ab, youll see that the Obs themselves can be triggered to manipulate the arks (SE notes tell that a city was destroyed by the obs - the city ruins by the dunes). On Ab, Helena tries to deactivate the Obs to prevent the same from happening. They blow up the guardians post, which causes the obs from malfunctioning, and then the surface becomes what us players know it to be. I believe that they either do something to the obs on extinction (deactivating it most likely), or that theyre in somekind of war, or that there is a catastrofe happening (if you look at the lava + ruins picture on extincion teaser, youll see what looks like a tek city in ruins, with an ob in the center and what appears to be huge walls surrounding it).

So, yeah, i agree with you that most likely it was the survivors from arks lore that have a direct relation to whatever happened.

• 1 month later...
On 08/01/2018 at 7:56 PM, Enderborn said:

My theory about the story of ark is this.

In the future the human species is dying.(mayby a virus wich contains element.) The humans understands that they will be extinct and nothing can survive the earth anymore. Therefore they make a project called Ark. The Arks are challenges for humans that is on them. When they ascend they are ready for a new ark until there is none left to challenge. In the end they will be ready to face the dangers on the earth and possibly repopulate it again.

It seems like the story of ARK is very similar to the story of "Maze runner" with your theory

It seems like the story of ARK is very similar to the story of "Maze runner" with your theory
But the explorer notes on aberration explain how they hacked into one of the obelisks and powered the portal with it. The portal was then reprogrammed, but not to bring them to an ark, they came back down to earth from there but it was not the original intent of the arks to send people up until they're ready for earth and send them down.

Yea, if you read the notes from Island, Scorched and Ab, youll see that the Obs themselves can be triggered to manipulate the arks (SE notes tell that a city was destroyed by the obs - the city ruins by the dunes). On Ab, Helena tries to deactivate the Obs to prevent the same from happening. They blow up the guardians post, which causes the obs from malfunctioning, and then the surface becomes what us players know it to be. I believe that they either do something to the obs on extinction (deactivating it most likely), or that theyre in somekind of war, or that there is a catastrofe happening (if you look at the lava + ruins picture on extincion teaser, youll see what looks like a tek city in ruins, with an ob in the center and what appears to be huge walls surrounding it).
So, yeah, i agree with you that most likely it was the survivors from arks lore that have a direct relation to whatever happened.
It also was not the intent of the arks to send people up until they're ready, but they were going to be sent to another ark and the portal was reprogrammed to send them back to earth

26 minutes ago, Mighty Caboose3 said:
2 hours ago, Supertoto said:

But the explorer notes on aberration explain how they hacked into one of the obelisks and powered the portal with it. The portal was then reprogrammed, but not to bring them to an ark, they came back down to earth from there but it was not the original intent of the arks to send people up until they're ready for earth and send them down.

Still very similar to Maze Runner (The 3 movies)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived