Imprint Changes - IN GAME NOW

Palenor

On 12/12/2017 at 11:12 AM, Glerian said:

I don't think easier is the right word here. Maybe, more convenient? The action hasn't changed, just the interval. And I can see why. I might actually imprint a dino now.

Haha omg I had to reply to this. Sometimes what people consider what is convenient makes it easier for them. Just in case you missed the fact These two definitions  coincide  anyway.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Daedros said:

They definitely need to improve the per Imprint % so as to make 100% Imprinting possible again. The consistent 8 hour timer is a godsend, because you can raise a batch of eggs and ALWAYS know when ALL of them are gonna need their Imprint. They should change it to where if a Imprint currently gives 10% per Imprint, then it should give 12.5% Imprint per imprint. Boost it's effectiveness by 25-30%, to account for the variance of the old 3-4 hour timer.

Yeah, well, if you have messed around with the Imprint and percentage intervals  you know  it’s possible to  change the settings where imprint times and the multiplier will match up nicely.   But, what you said was pretty much what was in the patch anyway. 

The rants and arguing On this thread is legendary I must say. Calm down.  Let me explain the patch notes really easy.

Eight hours means you don’t have to login every four hours to imprint. You can actually have a life now.  You can schedule around your sleep schedule now. 

If you were getting nine percent on your T Rex imprint with four hours, you now get 18 percent  with eight hours. Assuming they did it this way. 

You’re welcome.

4 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

It looks like they they did it that way, but when you dig deeper - they didnt (or rather they broke something else by doing it).

New patchnotes say they have fixed it... Time will tell.

It's fixed, they essentially did the math I spoke about in a previous post, which is to floor the required imprints and calculate the percentage from there.

Clearly the best solution since some Dino's can't even get 100% imprint now, would be to -.5 the maturing rate! This way dinos would take twice as long to mature, giving everyone plenty of time to get all those precious imprints!!! [emoji14]

Can't wait to have to take a month to raise a baby gig! Could you imagine the fun!

On 12/16/2017 at 9:35 AM, Racidon said:

It's fixed, they essentially did the math I spoke about in a previous post, which is to floor the required imprints and calculate the percentage from there.

I haven't had enough time to fully absorb your calculations, but what you're saying is that the formula was altered so that the percentages round out to 100%? 

For example my Dimorph was getting 32% on each 8hr imprint, culminating to a total possible 96% shortly before maturation was finished. I'm guessing the imprints are still a hard 8hrs, but it will now round up to 100% if none are missed?

As an aside, I imagine some players are now sitting on imprint countdowns with 1 of each 15 kibble ready to hotbar and the creature already set to follow. :D

On 12/16/2017 at 8:10 PM, Weiss said:

It's been patched

On 12/16/2017 at 11:35 PM, Racidon said:

6 hours ago, Ascendant said:

I haven't had enough time to fully absorb your calculations, but what you're saying is that the formula was altered so that the percentages round out to 100%? 

For example my Dimorph was getting 32% on each 8hr imprint, culminating to a total possible 96% shortly before maturation was finished. I'm guessing the imprints are still a hard 8hrs, but it will now round up to 100% if none are missed?

As an aside, I imagine some players are now sitting on imprint countdowns with 1 of each 15 kibble ready to hotbar and the creature already set to follow. :D

Ok so I know this is days ago and I did see the patch when it released (replied to this thread on first page too). I hatched a squid when the 8 hour change was released and it was already at 30% growth when the patch for the fix for imprint % came out but how come my imprint is still lower than growth. Ive been on time for all imprints down to the second. Did they even change the imprint for bigger dinos? -.-

2 hours ago, dslick said:

Sorry but if you are saying missing ONE imprint on a raise, AKA being a few % SHY OF 100% Imprint (we are talking like 2% LESS stats, or dmg/resist bonus), for the price of a huge lifestyle benefit, is bad, you need to get your priorities checked.

I don't think anyone has said that. The difference of missing an imprint is double what it used to be and depending on the dino, that could be more than a 30% difference. 2% on one imprint is only for the longest of raises like a giga, not counting bonus weekends.

The devs have patched in a fix so it should be a moot point now, anyway. It's good to see they're keeping the 8hr imprints with the fix as well.

Still not liking it.

3 to 4 hour imprint timers. 1 saber, 1 doedic, 4 rex's. 100%, 100% 100%, 100%, 99%, 99%

8 hour imprint timers after patch fixed: 1 saber, 2 doedics, 4 Rex's. 83% 82% 86% 86% 91% 91%

Between server lag losing us about 30 minutes every day (current Theri raises on start of day 3 I did imprints so that I could imprint them at 4:30 AM when I am up for work, 12:30 PM when I come home for lunch, and 8:30 PM before I got to bed at night but as of today despite only being 5 minutes behind on one imprint I am imprinting at 5:30 AM (cutting it close since I like to be on the road at this time), 1:30 PM (flexibility to change lunch luckily) and will be 9:30 PM tonight.) and just not being able to miss by a fraction of time I can't say I am a fan of the new system. Then again I normally only sleep 5 hours so it wasn't of much of a pain to me for 4 hour timers. i guess i'll just need to set reminder alarms to make sure i don't miss the time by even a hair. 

Archived