Imprint Changes - IN GAME NOW

Palenor

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, all my wyverns finished out at 100% imprint with over 5 hours left before maturation was complete. This is pretty solid now with us being able to get a full night's rest every night, and still have buffer time from setbacks lIke internet or server downtime. Hatch in the morning or early afternoon and imprint just before bedtime. Perfection!

On 12/12/2017 at 1:09 PM, Palenor said:

And there we go, the game has been made easier once again.

There is no skill involved in imprinting, therefore it's impossible to make it "easier".

4 hour imprint intervals are not "harder", they're just better for people who don't want a game to constantly screw up their schedule. Any idiot can log into a game every four hours, there's nothing "harder" about that.

Yay, some sanity has broken out! Although Imma keep using S+ nanny with imprint bonus turned off. #filthycasualandcouldn'tcarelesslolol

Although - next patch, 15 min imprint intervals! Get the damn thing imprinted and go have a life until it's mature and you can use it in actual gameplay.

Some WC devs must have gotten up every 3 hours to add skills to their Eve Online queue or something. AND LIKED IT :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Necroing a little bit

So I have finally adjusted to the 8 hour timers but now face the newest issue which is 9 hour timers. 

"wait how do you get 9 hour timers?"

It's simple, play on official server's. The lag from official server's costs a ton of time and thus stretches these 8 hour timers to 8 hrs and 15 minutes, 8hrs and 30 minutes and so on and so forth. 

Right now I am raising a Thorny Dragon. Simple little raise, 100% imprint shouldn't be hard to get. I have the luxury of being able to adjust my lunch time at work so it is no problem for me to get home and do an imprint over my lunch break and still eat my lunch. So this is how I had set my raise up.

Tuesday (my last day off of work before going back Wednesday through Saturday for 12 hour shifts) 

Hatched Thorny around 12:15 PM. Do first imprint at 8:15 PM except it was actually available at 8:25 PM. No problem.

I wake up for work at 4 AM, so I do some morning stuff and jump online and do my next imprint when available at 4:40 AM.

Man now I have to take a later lunch. Ok though I can. 

Arrive home at 12:44 PM, load in and see that I still have 2 minutes and 34 seconds until imprint timer is available. Get imprint done at 12:50 PM

Get home after work, eat some dinner log in and play around a bit. Okay lets check on imprint timer. "Huh available at 9:47 PM. Well there goes my 100% imprint.", because while I can get that imprint done and even though I can adjust my lunch time, my start time is my start time and I have to be on the road by 5:30 AM and I don't have the time to run home at first break to get that imprint done (15 minutes to house, 15 back to work, 30 minute break.).

I'm on record multiple times that getting imprint should take some effort. That's why I never had the issue with 4 hour timers. When i only got 96% imprint because I decided not to get up, no issues. 

However I made the necessary allowable adjustments to achieve a 100% imprint on this Thorny Dragon (this is just the latest example by the way, it has happened before) but due to your hard imprint timers and terrible official servers, it is no longer an option. So when can we expect that fix and are you even attempting to work on it or are you completely focused on the last DLC that I'll never get to play because you won't fix your base game?

Yes I know they most likely won't read this and I'm not tagging anybody about it either. It's a small vent. I will keep playing this less than optimal game because of how much fun it does supply me despite updates changing settings allowing my tames to get killed (neutral to passive dino's) and rollbacks taking food out of the troughs of my raises starving them to death in the 5 hours I was offline to get a little shut eye, and the random dino's spawning in my secure base because for some reason you still load in dino's before structures even though this has been an issue since at least march when I first started playing, and the unanswered support tickets despite photographic evidence and video of the underlying infraction spelled out in your policies. despite all that, this game is tremendously fun and is how i choose to spend my free time but since they already have my money and have not received any more I am only part of the initial problem not the ongoing problem. 

ron-burgundy-that-escalated-quickly.thumb.png.8748dc87e40382fbcc744fb2308f2ddc.png

So how does this lag causing the missed opportunity to get 100% imprint get fixed? 6 hour timers to compensate for server lag?

6 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

Has anyone been able to 100% an anky since the change? I can't seem to do it just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing?

Nope. The only 100% imprints I got was on Wyvern's during 2x. That's it. I actually got some of my worse imprints since I started breeding during 2x. 67% on Ravager's, Anky's, Doedic's, 76% on a Rex, I did fairly well on my Yuty's though with 96% and was on pace for the same or 100% on my Quetzal's before a rollback took them, I still got 96% on the next Quetzal I raised after that mostly on 1x. 

Update: Ended up with my 4th consecutive 83% on a Thorny Dragon. Can't even miss a fraction on these though if the server wouldn't have cost me almost 1hr and 30 minutes worth of time I would have been able to get the 100% (was 96.7% matured when I did this imprint so if the server would have stayed on the 8 hour schedule instead of the lost time due to lag I would have gotten 100% at roughly 97.5% done)

29 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Nope. The only 100% imprints I got was on Wyvern's during 2x. That's it. I actually got some of my worse imprints since I started breeding during 2x. 67% on Ravager's, Anky's, Doedic's, 76% on a Rex, I did fairly well on my Yuty's though with 96% and was on pace for the same or 100% on my Quetzal's before a rollback took them, I still got 96% on the next Quetzal I raised after that mostly on 1x. 

I managed to 100% Pteranodons, Wyverns, Brontos, Stegos, Kentros, Rexs, but only one 2x, I couldn't make it happen during 1x, its strange... My quetzal I really couldn't be bothered and only got 56% xD my anky only got to 83% I couldn't get the last imprint before it was fully grown.

On 1/25/2018 at 8:20 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

So how does this lag causing the missed opportunity to get 100% imprint get fixed? 6 hour timers to compensate for server lag?

Amazing how this is wrong.

Agreed, lag does add time. but not the way you think.

In our real-time it does add additional time, so not uncommon for 8 hours to become 9 or more.

However, it DOES not affect the in-game timer. 8 Hours is still 8 hours, whenever you have lagged the game clock resets back to the lag point you bounced back to.

Do not believe this? Just watch the timer on an egg for 10 minutes or more, you will see it drop down when lag hits it jumps back up. Same goes for imprint timers, you can watch it and see it drop and jump back up when lags hits. Seen some as high as 15 or more seconds at a time.

So in other words, it does not affect the imprints or percentages like you think.

1 minute ago, Palenor said:

Amazing how this is wrong.

Agreed, lag does add time. but not the way you think.

In our real-time it does add additional time, so not uncommon for 8 hours to become 9 or more.

However, it DOES not affect the in-game timer. 8 Hours is still 8 hours, whenever you have lagged the game clock resets back to the lag point you bounced back to.

Do not believe this? Just watch the timer on an egg for 10 minutes or more, you will see it drop down when lag hits it jumps back up. Same goes for imprint timers, you can watch it and see it drop and jump back up when lags hits. Seen some as high as 15 or more seconds at a time.

So in other words, it does not affect the imprints or percentages like you think.

It's not wrong and you didn't understand what I was saying.

I know the imprints stay the same as does the in game timer. I am saying that with an actual 8 hour timer in both in game and real life syncing up I can get 100% imprint because of my ability to adjust my real life schedule but when the server lags and causes 8 hours in game to cover 9 hours of real life, i can't make that adjustment which is what caused me to get 83% on my Thorny Dragon instead of 100%. 

Therefore if imprint timers are changed to 6 hours in game and I have the ability to adjust my real life schedule in 8 hour increments, I could adjust for the in game time not syncing with the real life time. 

8h are fine with me, same than 4h.

I have the same imprints in the end. 

I just finished my 17th King, 100% like all the other ones. 

When 8h is indeed an issue for some ppl who can't adjust their schedule, it seems to have no impact on the in game ability to hit 100%.

Besides, I did two anky, 5 ravager, and à few rats, all 100% without being really close to miss it. 

Archived