Imprint Changes - IN GAME NOW

Palenor

3 minutes ago, Nephtys said:

No, it means that you can't get 100% for a lot of things anymore, no matter how fast you are with the imprints, even though you could before if you were on time.

It's one thing to not get a full imprint if you simply show up too late or don't pay attention but if the game doesn't even let you get a full imprint because of a change to the whole system, that's just bad design.

Are you guys on drugs or something? Because you've both told me I'm wrong and corrected me by repeating exactly what I said in different words. 

You used to be able to get 100% imprinting every time you decided to imprint. This is no longer the case. You can no longer achieve 100% imprinting except in rare circumstances. 100% imprinting for every hatch is no longer attainable. When a dino used to hatch, you could guarantee every time you'd be able to get 100% imprinting but this can no longer occur. Until recently, you could always get 100% imprinting on each baby you raised, and that can't happen anymore. Guaranteed 100% imprints is no longer a thing. People used to ruin their sleeping schedules to achieve 100% imprint, but now they don't have to because less imprints are necessary and 100% is not something to shoot for unless the math works out just right. I no longer need to be prepared every XX hours to imprint with the expectation that I am guaranteed 100% imprinting. 100% imprinting used to be a thing you could always get, but now it's not. You can't always get 100% anymore. The best people can shoot for in normal circumstances is less than 100%, unlike the past where 100% imprinting was always possible. 

I like this change. You don't have too...but if you could stop correcting me by agreeing with me we could move on to discuss why I like this change and you may not. Does that work for you guys? Or do you need to tell me I'm wrong again and then repeat what I said as a rebuttal? 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

"Meh" all you like, I still want an invite to this world you live in...because here in this world (or just outside it) the servicing of a billion dollar space telescope was massively botched when some of the world's foremost optics scientists failed to notice an improperly calibrated measuring device. You'd think they would have checked that before the part left our atmosphere.

That all being said, you keep talking about this being a simple mistake a 5 year old could work out. Is it a mistake because you know it wasn't intended? Or is it a mistake because you don't like it? Because personally, I like the concept that 100% imprinting isn't always attainable.

I refer you to my previous posts where I mentioned I run a unofficial cluster and already have a work around for things we are imprinting to 100%.

Im only pointing out that it is impossible for most dinos under standard settings and sucks for people on official

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

Are you guys on drugs or something? Because you've both told me I'm wrong and corrected me by repeating exactly what I said in different words. 

You used to be able to get 100% imprinting every time you decided to imprint. This is no longer the case. You can no longer achieve 100% imprinting except in rare circumstances. 100% imprinting for every hatch is no longer attainable. When a dino used to hatch, you could guarantee every time you'd be able to get 100% imprinting but this can no longer occur. Until recently, you could always get 100% imprinting on each baby you raised, and that can't happen anymore. Guaranteed 100% imprints is no longer a thing. People used to ruin their sleeping schedules to achieve 100% imprint, but now they don't have to because less imprints are necessary and 100% is not something to shoot for unless the math works out just right. I no longer need to be prepared every XX hours to imprint with the expectation that I am guaranteed 100% imprinting. 100% imprinting used to be a thing you could always get, but now it's not. You can't always get 100% anymore. The best people can shoot for in normal circumstances is less than 100%, unlike the past where 100% imprinting was always possible. 

I like this change. You don't have too...but if you could stop correcting me by agreeing with me we could move on to discuss why I like this change and you may not. Does that work for you guys? Or do you need to tell me I'm wrong again and then repeat what I said as a rebuttal? 

You really don't seem to get it!

100% were never guaranteed, you could always have a close call and miss it by a few % because the time inbetween imprints was too long, additionally being late yourself definitely didn't work in your favor. It was annoying to not be able to get the last imprint because Ark decided to give the dino a longer period of time until the next imprint BUT that was part of the game, sometimes you got it, sometimes you didn't. If you get up in the middle of the night for an imprint, that's your problem, don't play on an official server then.

Now there are types of dinos that you simply can't imprint with 100%, period. No matter how fast you are, no matter how the time inbetween imprints works out (which always seems to be 8 hours on official servers now, at least I haven't seen any variations on the unofficial one I'm playing on yet), no matter how many eggs you crack, you can't get 100% for any of the babies!

And that's exact why people are complaining! Before there was a chance to get 100%, now this chance is just gone (at 0%), so why give the better stats at 100% if you can't get there anymore no matter what you do?

This is what I referred to as "bad design" because not only does it look like Wildcard simply didn't think it through (why only this dino and not another too,...?) but it's also really unfair to new players with newly raised dinos because no matter what they do, no matter how much time they put in, they'll never be able to get a dino as good (not talking about mutations, that's a whole different story) as an older player's who raised his before the change.

And additionally the change is a real annoyance for everyone who plays on an unofficial server because the admins now how to play around with the settings to balance everything again (there are 5 config options in total that all rely on each other, so lots of "fun")!

Plus, making it a fixed interval between imprints now makes raising a lot more boring because there's no more real surprise to it and even more unrealistic - I know, were're talking about dino but still, think about it: Not every child learns stuff at the same rate, now apparently they do. Just a small example from the unofficial server I'm playing on:

I'm raising Allosaurs and I used to be able to get 100% imprint on about 1/5 of them if I got really lucky with the intervals (19-22 minutes each). With the new changes it was impossible to get more than a single imprint which left the Allosaur at 30%, so we set the CuddleIntervalTimer to half to account for the change. Now it's 23 minutes each between imprints, which still makes it impossible to get 100%. If we set the CuddleIntervalTimer to an even lower number, this will guarantee 100% for each Allosaur as long as I get the imprint in time but in the end it's just too easy because it's a guarantee 100%. So basically we can now decide between way too easy or poopty (<-- edit: yes, that was the forum)...

2 minutes ago, Nephtys said:

You really don't seem to get it!

Yes, I really do. It's a simple concept that I've explained in 10+ different word arrangements that reflect exactly what you're saying. But yeah...I guess just keep telling me I don't understand and then repeating what I said nearly word for word. Carry on smartly.

8 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Yes, I really do. It's a simple concept that I've explained in 10+ different word arrangements that reflect exactly what you're saying. But yeah...I guess just keep telling me I don't understand and then repeating what I said nearly word for word. Carry on smartly.

Yup, you either don't or simply don't care.

But I do understand what type of person you are now: You're basically one of those people who support everything that looks good on the first glance but avoid looking at it more closely because it might turn out not so nice - and here it's not even that hard to see that Wildcard obviously didn't do the math for the change properly (or tested it) because if an obvious mistake like that is meant to work like that, they've just turned into EA2.

24 minutes ago, Nephtys said:

Yup, you either don't or simply don't care.

But I do understand what type of person you are now: You're basically one of those people who support everything that looks good on the first glance but avoid looking at it more closely because it might turn out not so nice - and here it's not even that hard to see that Wildcard obviously didn't do the math for the change properly (or tested it) because if an obvious mistake like that is meant to work like that, they've just turned into EA2.

It's not a hard concept to understand. You used to be able to 100% imprint under normal circumstances. You can't anymore. You are against this. I am for this. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a mistake. Just because I do like it doesn't mean it's on purpose. We will find out eventually. That's a relatively easy concept to grasp, so at this point I just have to assume you're more interested in convincing yourself that I'm wrong and you're right. Have fun with that...but I'm moving on.

16 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

It's not a hard concept to understand. You used to be able to 100% imprint under normal circumstances. You can't anymore. You are against this. I am for this. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a mistake. Just because I do like it doesn't mean it's on purpose. We will find out eventually. That's a relatively easy concept to grasp, so at this point I just have to assume you're more interested in convincing yourself that I'm wrong and you're right. Have fun with that...but I'm moving on.

But under new system any new wyvern will be on average worse than fully imprinted ones pre-change, and for other species it'll take time to stack more mutations to get to same stats people had before change.

36 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

But under new system any new wyvern will be on average worse than fully imprinted ones pre-change, and for other species it'll take time to stack more mutations to get to same stats people had before change.

That sounds like a pretty accurate description of the situation. Imprinted dinos from last week will be more powerful than imprinted dinos from today because they've got a lower imprint %. 

Well, I did my math yesterday and found it is not possible to get 100% on any dino on any setting. I know many people already got to the same conclusion. Since the imprint was added to the game, may people have been asking for ways to tweak the imprint on private server to get 100% imprint, just because some people like to do so. So far there is no option other than BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier, but since we were getting anything from 75% to 100% cuddle interval it was feasible to get 100% just by playing with this setting while changing BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier.

I posted earlier a possible solution to this issue on Game Suggestion, but it seems no one noticed that, so I will share link here:

I am not arguing about how good or bad is waking up every 3 to 4 hours to do an imprint, and I am not arguing if it is fair or not to get 100% imprint on official, I just say, at least for people how play on private, we should have an option to get 100% imprint without using admin command "SetImprintQuality 1" as we have to do now to get 100% imprint on our babies

4 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

Pretty sure it's you that's on drugs bud, because why else after being wrong do you start with your rude obnoxious attitude, which plenty of people have stated on this forum directly to you in multiple threads, but here you are again at it again.

Your always implied it was possible, crossing out the word was to show that it is not possible, but of course it is for very few should you be psychic and/or exploit other mechanics within the game.

You're going to continue with "not getting 100% ever means you can't always get 100%" well technically it's true, but it doesn't make the implication non-existant. If I said I can't always fly without any aid, that implies there are times I can and thus would be incorrect.

Just now, Racidon said:

Pretty sure it's you that's on drugs bud, because why else after being wrong do you start with your rude obnoxious attitude, which plenty of people have stated on this forum directly to you in multiple threads, but here you are again at it again.

Your always implied it was possible, crossing out the word was to show that it is not possible, but of course it is for very few should you be psychic and/or exploit other mechanics within the game.

You're going to continue with "not getting 100% ever means you can't always get 100%" well technically it's true, but it doesn't make the implication non-existant. If I said I can't always fly without any aid, that implies there are times I can and thus would be incorrect.

I didn't intend to be rude, but I certainly am frustrated. I can't decide how people read in their heads the words that I type. I'm frustrated because this entire argument seems predicated on the way you seem to have read one phrase. I'm frustrated because even though I've made my point abundantly clear and reiterated it more times than I can count, you two are still badgering me for saying something I didn't say....while simultaneously agreeing with what I actually said. It's frustrating, even more so when those doing the badgering are flirting threats of moderator reports. 

At any rate, if what I said and meant isn't clear by now, I'm not sure there's any way it ever will be. If my frustration came off as rudeness, that's on me and I'm sorry. If it happens again let me know sooner and I'll do what I'm doing now.

19 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

I did say doubled maybe, just before that first point. Secondly it isn't hard locked, we've had 7 hour timers come through for us, just waiting for it to break 6 hours because they have just doubled everything. 3-4 hours in now 6-8 hours and the imprint bonus has doubled along with it. Unless everyone else is hardlocked and my tribe is broken?

It did need to become more appropriate for actual people with actual lives and responsibilities that require them to be away from the game for an extended length of time. I never agreed with the break up your sleep to succeed. 

Oh Dylan I couldn't agree more with the bolded!  3-4 hours was tough.  It felt almost punitive, and while we all know that that system WORKED, to see changes is a welcome thing.

But as far as imprint timers go:  My tribe has had constant imprints on beavers, thylas, more thylas, even more thylas, and a giga... and -EVERY ONE- has been 7hr59min59sec since the change.  Every last one.  And total, "every one" is probably over 25 total imprints.  So if your tribe is broken, I'd keep that quiet my friend!

I'm just hoping that 2x timer and 2x imprint amount is the start of changes.  With some other alterations it still might be demanding and tricky to get 100% imprints...  Some might argue that a 100% imprint SHOULD BE tough to get.  But what most of us seem to be saying is:  We really think it should be POSSIBLE.

6 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

but now they don't have to because less imprints are necessary and 100% is not something to shoot for unless the math works out just right. I no longer need to be prepared every XX hours to imprint with the expectation that I am guaranteed 100% imprinting.

This bit is a wishful thinking, imo. Players will always shoot for maximum possible bonus with the expectation of getting it - nothing has changed in that aspect, except that max imprint will now vary depending on species (inconvenient, but w/e) instead of universal 100% and players will need to be prepared every XX hours to get it.

that is where all the patch notes are, somethings things break and they fix them back other times not all minor updates are noted in the patch notes.  I'm afraid that details beyond what you see is not there.  Ark is and always has been a discovery mechanic game where you find out via videos of some ppl testing.

To get details sometimes you have to read reddit and twitter, or ask them, but they won't always answer.

1 hour ago, ehuhoser said:

that is where all the patch notes are, somethings things break and they fix them back other times not all minor updates are noted in the patch notes.  I'm afraid that details beyond what you see is not there.  Ark is and always has been a discovery mechanic game where you find out via videos of some ppl testing.

To get details sometimes you have to read reddit and twitter, or ask them, but they won't always answer.

Broken gigas n megalanias are discovery mechanics lmao. Maybe theyre just broken and the fanboys need to admit that this is prob the greatest and worst game ever at the same time. Glad weve raised hundreds of gigas since new servers just to have it thrown in our face. Yet, ppl like you try to call it "discovery mechanics." There has to be official literature regarding these changes, so please dont comment if you dont have anything to actually contribute to what im asking. Thanks

2 hours ago, Aguyonadino said:

Broken gigas n megalanias are discovery mechanics lmao. Maybe theyre just broken and the fanboys need to admit that this is prob the greatest and worst game ever at the same time. Glad weve raised hundreds of gigas since new servers just to have it thrown in our face. Yet, ppl like you try to call it "discovery mechanics." There has to be official literature regarding these changes, so please dont comment if you dont have anything to actually contribute to what im asking. Thanks

There are changes made that don't get put down in the patch notes. For example, yesterday I was taming a griffin and noticed that its eyes are closed now while narc'd. That's new.

5 hours ago, Ascendant said:

There are changes made that don't get put down in the patch notes. For example, yesterday I was taming a griffin and noticed that its eyes are closed now while narc'd. That's new.

That is an aesthetic change. Im referring to gameplay changes that contribute to how we play the game.

10 hours ago, Aguyonadino said:

not saying discovery mechanics per giga saying that we never had nor will we ever have a detailed patch notes.

"Survivors: We've heard your concerns about Gigas suddenly being enraged easier than normal. This is an unintended bug & was extremely difficult to track down. It is a side effect of code from another dino that inadvertently affected the Giga's rage buff. This has been fixed."

from twitter feed a little bit ago so you see it was not a hidden nerf....just a code error......

They definitely need to improve the per Imprint % so as to make 100% Imprinting possible again. The consistent 8 hour timer is a godsend, because you can raise a batch of eggs and ALWAYS know when ALL of them are gonna need their Imprint. They should change it to where if a Imprint currently gives 10% per Imprint, then it should give 12.5% Imprint per imprint. Boost it's effectiveness by 25-30%, to account for the variance of the old 3-4 hour timer.

Archived