Imprint Changes - IN GAME NOW

Palenor

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/13/2017 at 12:43 AM, Olivar said:

@Kimsie

I'm totally with you that mechanics requiring people to wake up in the middle of the night are bad.
Games are supposed to be fun, and provide entertainment to it's users, not become a secondary job/chore for people.
I believe Ark failed a bit on that aspect and should make changes to the systems that are responsible for this.

Perhaps the Imprinting shouldn't be a repetitive task either using kibbles/commands.
Perhaps it can be changed into having your dinosaur perform different kind of things, or simply let it grow over time.
Rather not call it "Imprint" but call it "Bonding".
It's not bound to timers, but it simply increases over time like experience does based on how much you use your dinosaur?

I like the bonding idea. 

The more you use it, the stronger the bond. Makes a lot more sense than getting a bonus for feeding it a few snacks.  

3 hours ago, Ascendant said:

People need to speak up about this because right now it's a mixed bag that leans heavily towards not being good. If they do the changes necessary to fix it then I'll say it's not just good, but great. 

Some dinos cannot be 100% imprinted anymore, and for the ones that can be you have to get every imprint within seconds or suffer big penalties. Got disconnected or lagged out? Now you've missed what would have been 2 imprints on the old system. It makes no positive difference that imprints are 8hrs apart now if you could get better imprints the old way while still skipping ones to sleep at night.

On the plus side, at least less kibble is required for imprinting now.

To be honest mate I think you're just being ridiculous now. How hard is it to plan on popping an egg 8 hours maximum before you go to bed? And to say there is no positive difference is absolutely absurd. We have a tribe member who fell into deep depression after back to back giga raises on the old imprint timers. He is only just coming back to the game after a 2 month break because of it and to have him in the party yesterday with everyone and to say 'this is what the game should be like, great fun with your friends and not killing yourself for the best dino' if that isn't a positive difference then I guess I'm a brain dead fool.

On 12/13/2017 at 2:41 AM, Dylan1602 said:

raptor me, I've never seen people screaming for a rework of imprinting, then once they've got a change they're still raptoring screaming. It's a joke really, the rework literally came out yesterday, has anyone even had the chance to 100% anything yet from birth?

Everything you're screaming about is all theory. I've never missed 100% unless I literally don't care about it, so since everything is basically doubled maybe 2.5x, I'm sure just like the evo events, it'll give you the exact same scale in imprint bonus.

At least give this new system some decent testing before screaming they've ruined the game and they're not listening to us.

It is not 2.5x.

You have a hardlocked 8hr timer which is great, but after 3 imprints now, my giga is 1.6% behind and a beaver I am raising is ~20% behind.  They will not hit 100%, it is impossible.  The system is good at 8hrs, but as someone else posted the actual imprinted amount needs adjustment, maybe to 2.2x from 2.0x? 

It should be FUN and POSSIBLE, before anyone bitches and says it would be "too easy" if they did that.  It is a game.  We put a lot of time in.  3-4hr timers were somewhat brutal depending on what you are trying to raise. 

Now it is definitely more leisurely than before, but after imprinting the second the timers are up for both of these dinos, not late by more than a minute or two, the maturation by far outpaces imprint amount making 100%'s a thing of the past.

3 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

It is not 2.5x.

You have a hardlocked 8hr timer which is great, but after 3 imprints now, my giga is 1.6% behind and a beaver I am raising is ~20% behind.  They will not hit 100%, it is impossible.  The system is good at 8hrs, but as someone else posted the actual imprinted amount needs adjustment, maybe to 2.2x from 2.0x? 

It should be FUN and POSSIBLE, before anyone bitches and says it would be "too easy" if they did that.  It is a game.  We put a lot of time in.  3-4hr timers were somewhat brutal depending on what you are trying to raise. 

Now it is definitely more leisurely than before, but after imprinting the second the timers are up for both of these dinos, not late by more than a minute or two, the maturation by far outpaces imprint amount making 100%'s a thing of the past.

I did say doubled maybe, just before that first point. Secondly it isn't hard locked, we've had 7 hour timers come through for us, just waiting for it to break 6 hours because they have just doubled everything. 3-4 hours in now 6-8 hours and the imprint bonus has doubled along with it. Unless everyone else is hardlocked and my tribe is broken?

It did need to become more appropriate for actual people with actual lives and responsibilities that require them to be away from the game for an extended length of time. I never agreed with the break up your sleep to succeed. 

34 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

I did say doubled maybe, just before that first point. Secondly it isn't hard locked, we've had 7 hour timers come through for us, just waiting for it to break 6 hours because they have just doubled everything. 3-4 hours in now 6-8 hours and the imprint bonus has doubled along with it. Unless everyone else is hardlocked and my tribe is broken?

It did need to become more appropriate for actual people with actual lives and responsibilities that require them to be away from the game for an extended length of time. I never agreed with the break up your sleep to succeed. 

I think your tribe is just not observant, because it's a game based setting that makes it 8 hours without any variance at all. Don't believe me? Go set your single player to non-single player settings and hatch 100 eggs, each dino will be 8 hour imprints.

If you're so sure about getting 7 hour imprints, how about record it happening? Some solid evidence because I've just done near on 15 imprints and each and every one of them was exactly 8 hours (shows 7:59:59)

1 hour ago, Racidon said:

I think your tribe is just not observant, because it's a game based setting that makes it 8 hours without any variance at all. Don't believe me? Go set your single player to non-single player settings and hatch 100 eggs, each dino will be 8 hour imprints.

If you're so sure about getting 7 hour imprints, how about record it happening? Some solid evidence because I've just done near on 15 imprints and each and every one of them was exactly 8 hours (shows 7:59:59)

i hatched many things tonight for mutations,every single one was 8 hours.

I think some people in this post are confusing what people are saying.Im fairly sure we all agree that imprinting every 8 hours is the way to go,its just that under current maturation rates for nearly everything you cant get 100%!

I know I had to manually change the CuddleIntervalTimer on my server to get back to the settings before in order to get the 100% imprints again.
They literally doubled the timers, without keeping the other intervals in mind.
We had 10-12 minute times between cuddles and with the change it became 22 minutes our of nowhere, and on three babies no RNG factor either.
So I'm inclined to believe it was a flat number across the board.

Will test tonight what the new settings do on our box.

4 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

To be honest mate I think you're just being ridiculous now. How hard is it to plan on popping an egg 8 hours maximum before you go to bed? And to say there is no positive difference is absolutely absurd. We have a tribe member who fell into deep depression after back to back giga raises on the old imprint timers. He is only just coming back to the game after a 2 month break because of it and to have him in the party yesterday with everyone and to say 'this is what the game should be like, great fun with your friends and not killing yourself for the best dino' if that isn't a positive difference then I guess I'm a brain dead fool.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend having issues like that and I'm glad to hear he's doing better, but you completely missed the point there. I wasn't speaking to the issue of players who deprive themselves of sleep for long periods of time over a video game mechanic. I've always welcomed the 8hr aspect and my very first response was one of praise to that.

The issue here is that you could get your sleep in and still have better imprints on the old system, and it was at least possible to achieve 100% imprinting. I responded to your post because you were trying to shut down people who are offering constructive criticism that would benefit the entire community. There's no good reason we can't both offer praise and constructive criticism.

Increasing the imprint bonus while keeping the timers hardlocked at 8hrs seems more feasible than having the devs individually alter each dino. It would be nice to see it addressed in this manner because I definitely was not and am not advocating for a return to 3/4 hour imprint timers.

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, Olivar said:

I know I had to manually change the CuddleIntervalTimer on my server to get back to the settings before in order to get the 100% imprints again.
They literally doubled the timers, without keeping the other intervals in mind.
We had 10-12 minute times between cuddles and with the change it became 22 minutes our of nowhere, and on three babies no RNG factor either.
So I'm inclined to believe it was a flat number across the board.

Will test tonight what the new settings do on our box.

8 hours is 480 mins, divide 480 by how may minutes you want per interval, then divide 1 by your prefered minutes to use as your value.

Example:

480/10 = 48.

1/48 = 0.020833.

I originally had my imprint value at 0.055 which was 10-13 mins. After the patch, it went up to 25 mins flat.

I chose to have 11 min intervals in the end which is a value of 0.022916.

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

8 hours is 480 mins, divide 480 by how may minutes you want per interval, then divide 1 by your prefered minutes to use as your value.

Example:

480/10 = 48.

1/48 = 0.020833.

I originally had my imprint value at 0.055 which was 10-13 mins. After the patch, it went up to 25 mins flat.

I chose to have 11 min intervals in the end which is a value of 0.022916.

Yeah we were on 0.05 or something, combined with our other rates.
Had to swap it to 0.025 to make it all working again.
It's a pain enough to juggle these rates into something workable......

12 hours ago, Racidon said:

How can they fix this oversight? One of two ways. Allow variance in the imprint timer again or use the following formula in place of the old...

Another way would be to treat the maturation time (for purposes of the calculation) as shorter. I.E. something like 100 / ((MaturationTime * 0.9)/MaxImprintInterval) or 100 / ((MaturationTime - TotalGrace)/MaxImprintInterval)

or include a grace period in the calculation 100 / (MaturationTime / (MaxImprintInterval+GracePeriod)).

The second equation is a bit more straightforward and understandable, and even allows the imprinter to "bank" slack time by being on time for imprints, but could let them finish early getting 100%. The first has the benefit(?) of only allowing so much total slack, but that slack would end being tight on longer maturations (20 imprints with a slack of 1 hour would mean you can only be an average of 3 minutes late per imprint).

Just now, edskelly said:

meh....There will always be bugs that slip through.Simple maths failures that a five year old could work out should not make it but.

"Meh" all you like, I still want an invite to this world you live in...because here in this world (or just outside it) the servicing of a billion dollar space telescope was massively botched when some of the world's foremost optics scientists failed to notice an improperly calibrated measuring device. You'd think they would have checked that before the part left our atmosphere.

That all being said, you keep talking about this being a simple mistake a 5 year old could work out. Is it a mistake because you know it wasn't intended? Or is it a mistake because you don't like it? Because personally, I like the concept that 100% imprinting isn't always attainable.

12 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

"Meh" all you like, I still want an invite to this world you live in...because here in this world (or just outside it) the servicing of a billion dollar space telescope was massively botched when some of the world's foremost optics scientists failed to notice an improperly calibrated measuring device. You'd think they would have checked that before the part left our atmosphere.

That all being said, you keep talking about this being a simple mistake a 5 year old could work out. Is it a mistake because you know it wasn't intended? Or is it a mistake because you don't like it? Because personally, I like the concept that 100% imprinting isn't always attainable.

Please realise that the ONLY way to get 100% imprinting now is to hatch a dino just shy of 8 hours before a 2x (or greater) breeding event. This will only work on dinos that will finish within the event, that have no more than a 0.5 imprint decimal place, and so long as you have psychic abilities (have the exact kibble ready) and never require walks for that dino.

Of course there's the bugged dinos that you will be able to get 100% on, but that's not intended as far as I can tell.

20 minutes ago, Racidon said:

Please realise that the ONLY way to get 100% imprinting now is to hatch a dino just shy of 8 hours before a 2x (or greater) breeding event. This will only work on dinos that will finish within the event, that have no more than a 0.5 imprint decimal place, and so long as you have psychic abilities (have the exact kibble ready) and never require walks for that dino.

Of course there's the bugged dinos that you will be able to get 100% on, but that's not intended as far as I can tell.

So you're saying that you can't always get 100% like you used to? Sounds exactly like what I just said.

2 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

So you're saying that you can't always get 100% like you used to? Sounds exactly like what I just said.

No, it means that you can't get 100% for a lot of things anymore, no matter how fast you are with the imprints, even though you could before if you were on time.

It's one thing to not get a full imprint if you simply show up too late or don't pay attention but if the game doesn't even let you get a full imprint because of a change to the whole system, that's just bad design.

Archived