Imprint Changes - IN GAME NOW

Palenor

I don't know if I'll be able to test anywhere soon since the client is crashing under Linux at the moment. But before everyone gets riled up, the base time was 4 hours, not 3.4. You could get shorter but you can get 100% by imprinting at about every 4 hours. Presumably they doubled this base time meaning that instead of the average 3.4 hours you would get 6.8 hours meaning you can get away with imprinting about every 8 hours.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

raptor me, I've never seen people screaming for a rework of imprinting, then once they've got a change they're still raptoring screaming. It's a joke really, the rework literally came out yesterday, has anyone even had the chance to 100% anything yet from birth?

Everything you're screaming about is all theory. I've never missed 100% unless I literally don't care about it, so since everything is basically doubled maybe 2.5x, I'm sure just like the evo events, it'll give you the exact same scale in imprint bonus.

At least give this new system some decent testing before screaming they've ruined the game and they're not listening to us.

1 hour ago, TracerBee said:

No, this is an absolutely good change. I was wishing for this for awhile..... 

Finally happened. 

I'm ok with the 2.2x thing but honestly, why not just set an alarm/reminder/timer and get ready before 5-10 minutes?

8 hour timers sound great in theory.....But until every raise in the game divides into 8 with a short time left over to allow for walks etc it simply doesnt work.

I have already worked out a way around it on our unofficial server but say goodbye to 100% for many dinos on official.

14 minutes ago, edskelly said:

8 hour timers sound great in theory.....But until every raise in the game divides into 8 with a short time left over to allow for walks etc it simply doesnt work.

I have already worked out a way around it on our unofficial server but say goodbye to 100% for many dinos on official.

Walking? It takes a few seconds for me.

And now people can have good imprinted dinos rather than just 30-50% imprints as they can't wake up in middle of the night.

I'm sure they will add a fix to that buffer time in the near future though.

15 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

And now people can have good imprinted dinos rather than just 30-50% imprints as they can't wake up in middle of the night.

What about dedicated people who always wake up at ungodly hours to imprint?

5 hours ago, Olivar said:

Other question : Isn't the cuddle interval tied to the amount you gain? E.g the end effect remains the same, you just need less cuddles now?

That's true, but apparently the imprinting timers is now only 8 hours. Previously, it used to be 3-4. That means that the new imprints should be a random number between 6-8 instead of 8 full hours. gg wildcard.

28 minutes ago, Weiss said:

Has anyone actually tested if it's really impossible to still reach 100%?

ofc no, not even 24 hours, but i guess complaints are immediate

I am very happy with this change, i have never gotten 100% cause is a sacrifice i never did. All my important dinos are about 78-85% imprinted and they are alpha deatworm/wyvern killers so i really have no need/will for a 100% imprinted mount.

The new 8 hour exact timer is very good to keep people away from unhealthy sleeping patterns.

28 minutes ago, Weiss said:

Has anyone actually tested if it's really impossible to still reach 100%?

Probably not, they just like to pinpoint the fact WC wasn't completely accurate in the patch notes.

They claim timer went from 4 hours to 8 hours. As many point out, timer before was between 3-4 hours. Now everyone thinks the timer will be a hard 8 hours, not sure how that makes sense.

It is more then likely an interval like it used to be.

1 hour ago, TracerBee said:

The only good imprinted dino is a 100% one and unless they have changed many dinos raising times many are impossible now.Like i said previously i have already got a work around on my unofficial cluster so im not salty but people on official should be.

2 minutes ago, Lancelot said:

Probably not, they just like to pinpoint the fact WC wasn't completely accurate in the patch notes.

They claim timer went from 4 hours to 8 hours. As many point out, timer before was between 3-4 hours. Now everyone thinks the timer will be a hard 8 hours, not sure how that makes sense.

It is more then likely an interval like it used to be.

It is hard 8 hours

edit*...unless of course i had very bad luck and the 8 babies i had going all got maximum time

6 hours ago, EternalHazard said:

Initially I was like most people when I saw the note that imprint timers would now be increased to 8 hours instead of the normal 3-4.  When I finally started running numbers and realizing the imprinting bonus per imprint was only x2 I started getting a little angry.  The prepatch system on official servers needed a fix - there's no question about that.  People were losing sleep being forced to wake up at all hours of the night to get a high imprint so that their dino wouldn't lose in a fight.  The boost you get from imprinting is so huge that you basically have to imprint in order for dinos to be usable, especially in pvp.  I'm sure this has caused countless family and job problems for ark players who simply just want the best for their tribe.  While this change is a step in the right direction, it still needs a bit of a tweak.

With the current postpatch system, most dinos are unable to reach 100% imprint.  Take pteras for example.  The maturation from 0% to 100% takes just over 37 hours.  Old imprints would give you 11% per imprint (actually closer to 10.75%).  They would require 10 total imprints to get 100%, the last of which would take them from 97%-100%.  These 10 imprints would take a minimum of 30 hours total (if the timer rolled nothing but 3hrs on every imprint) and a maximum of 40 hours (if the timer rolled nothing but 4hrs), which would make getting 100% impossible and leave the ptera at 97%.  This is considering every imprint is hit at the exact second it comes up.  In reality the average time a ptera takes to get 100% is around 35-36 hours, which usually leaves 1-2 hours of buffer time.  Yea sometimes you get screwed over and can't get 100% even if you're hitting exact imprints, but generally it's possible.  The new system however, requires a total of 5 imprints with a guarantee of an 8hr timer between all imprints, NO CHANCE AT A LOWER TIMER. The new system with the same 37 hour maturation time requires a total of 40 hours AT MINIMUM to reach 100%.  THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE.  Not only that, but since each imprint is now double, the final imprint percentage is much more of a difference, ending the ptera at 86%.  This is a HUGE problem and affects every imprintable dino in game.

Wildcard, please look into either increasing the imprint bonus from its current 2x to allow the possibility for 100% imprinted dinos or have the timers roll randomly between 6-8 hours (double the former 3-4).

- Hazard

If this game is affecting either your job or your family life then I think the real issue is your priorities. 

Anyine allowing pixels on a screen to negatively affect their real lives should unplug heir computer and seek counseling. 

• Volunteer Moderator
17 hours ago, Lancelot said:

Funny because I had a tribesmates tell me he had a 7h CD.

Well, old timers was randomly generated between 3 and 4 hours. New one is between 6 and 8 (or maybe 7 and 8, not too sure about that but definitely still randomly generated from a range). EDIT: Seems it is now hard-coded to 8 hours.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Well, old timers was randomly generated between 3 and 4 hours. New one is between 6 and 8 (or maybe 7 and 8, not too sure about that but definitely still randomly generated from a range).

That's what I was expecting, Edskelly claimed it was a hard 8 hours though. That's what most people complaining in this thread seem to be thinking.

13 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Well, old timers was randomly generated between 3 and 4 hours. New one is between 6 and 8 (or maybe 7 and 8, not too sure about that but definitely still randomly generated from a range).

100% was not the case after the 13 gig patch.

Did it change with the smaller one released after that one?

3 pteras and 3 argies hatched at the same time have no more than 2 minutes difference.2 wolves born 5 minutes later have exact same timer

Guest DJRone89

This patch has affected unofficials for sure. My imprint interval was 0.055x which was around 10-13mins but now it’s gone up to 25mins every time.

Not sure why the devs couldn’t just up the multiplier value from 1.0 to 2.0 on officials only, however it appears that it’s hardcoded to 8 hours, no more, no less.

I have an idea, how about ONE imprint 20 minutes after it is born, for 100%, boom done. That was easy.... 

How about this, they are hatched at 100% imprint to the person that claims it. Yeah, that is the answer.

You all crack me up, nothing is ever good enough. 

How about everyone play the game as they set it to be and just deal with it?

4 hours ago, flamron said:

Did they shorten the growth period for gigas?  Buddy said he got 3% on a giga (maybe like 2.75%?). But that math works out to 100 less hours to raise to hit 100% imprint versus the 1% we had. 

Imprint times (percentage increase) have nothing to do with Maturation (growth) rates.

Also, one might be at 3% but the next 2 imprints could be 2% increase, rounding issue.

Archived