Ark Aberration Delayed! 3 hours

ifixxed

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Saupe said:

couple of hours when people are taking days off for the release is a big thing

Ok, but why are you taking days off from, what I assume is work, for a video game? I mean, I'm not one to malign ones life choices but is playing your video game a few hours early worth losing actual cash money? I get skipping sleep or hanging with friends, but work and/or class?

5 minutes ago, Saupe said:

couple of hours when people are taking days off for the release is a big thing, espicially in the uk where the update will not hit until 6/7 pm, or mainland europe where it will be 7/8pm. plus 2-3 hours of download, and american/china get a full day of aberation before EU players have a chance.

This means nothing on to unofficial, but on official PVE it means all EU players will log in tomorrow to pillar spammed worlds, and PVP players will be facing geared players when they spawn in naked. 

This changes everything for EU players, who now will hardly be able to play the new map on official

Shouldnt we know better than book a day off considering past events ? I know it sucks especially for official people but Tbh no matter when it releases itll disadvantage people somewhere in the world.

Just now, Glerian said:

Ok, but why are you taking days off from, what I assume is work, for a video game? I mean, I'm not one to malign ones life choices but is playing your video game a few hours early worth losing actual cash money? I get skipping sleep or hanging with friends, but work and/or class?

I dont take days off lol, thats why its extra annoying, i cant log in tomorrow morning, but have to work 10 hours first.

2 minutes ago, Glerian said:

If youre losing money taking a day or two off work then you work at a poopty place. I use Paid Time Off.

1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

Shouldnt we know better than book a day off considering past events ? I know it sucks especially for official people but Tbh no matter when it releases itll disadvantage people somewhere in the world.

yes, disadvantage players, not basically prevent an entire region from playing for an extra 12+ hours because they want to release in the morning. Tell you what, why not release at 8pm PST like originally stated, ohh, cos that is 2am in europe, its always based on US play time. EU players are screwed every time. My SE update finished at 4am when that released lol.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, KeyKey said:

Breaking news, if u can believe Steam Players, Console Players already can play Aberration, thank you Wildcard

This is correct, the consol peeps can play it now.

From what I understand the delay is not from WC, it's from Steam.

• Volunteer Moderator

Guys please, a lot of people are going to be understandably upset, particularly Steam players, so lets not mock each other and moan about people complaining.

There's nothing more worse than someone complaining about someone complaining. Please lets be respectful to each other as this has been a let down for Steam players and they are rightfully disappointed about the short delay.

1 minute ago, GP said:

Guys please, a lot of people are going to be understandably upset, particularly Steam players, so lets not mock each other and moan about people complaining.

There's nothing more worse than someone complaining about someone complaining. Please lets be respectful to each other as this has been a let down for Steam players and they are rightfully disappointed about the short delay.

2 months 2 hours is not a 'short delay' As you are a mod, want to update the news bit at the top so it isnt a blatent lie to the customer base??

Just a heads up to all the pc players wondering what is going on, Aberration is now available on Xbox and PS4, PC has another 2-3 hour wait as the devs have not uploaded it to steam yet :/.

It is (on console) around 50GB, so EU players, go find something else to do for the night, your not going to get on aberation.

All other posts relating to this have been moved to the aberration thread nobody is going to check. Please leave this here community mods, this is where it belongs, in the general discussions relating to ARK, you know, the forum people look at.

pc is milked out, console is where the big money is to be made

legacy servers repurprose?
400+ servers gone for pc, 170+- new ones gained. the rest went to console
"exclusive skins" yup look at console for the new biomic skins (microtransaction)
pc (early access) "unbique" skins have been renamed, and put in rushed achievements
"Simultaneous" release? ye, after console gets it perhaps it will be "Simultaneous" for pc and linux

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Saupe said:

2 months 2 hours is not a 'short delay' As you are a mod, want to update the news bit at the top so it isnt a blatent lie to the customer base??

The short delay I was clearly referring to was the 2 hour delay form 8am PST.

As for the announcement at the top, no, that is for WC to adjust if they wish to do so. And it is not a blatant lie as it was intended to release, it just unfortunately didn't happen. If there was no intention then it would be a lie.

Archived