#Best Breeding plan discussion#

JZhong

I have different opinions in my head for the fastest process to the ultimate highest level/stat dinos.

1. Don't care about mutation scores since I can rinse the 20/20; 20/20 dinos with a 0/20; 0/20 dino.

For example, 0/1 (1 mutation on dad's side)

-> 1/2 by mating male and female 0/1 dinos and get 1 more mutation, could be 2/1 as well but I picked this 

-> 3/4  (3/3 if no new mutation introduced)

-> 7/8

->15/16 ( can still mutate because there is a 0 on mom's side)

->31/32

Rinse with 0/0 dino

->0/63

->63/64

Rinse

->0/127

etc.

2. Get the mutation score with mutated stats carefully

Only breed mutated dinos with unmutated 0/0 dinos.

Efficiency: correct me if I'm wrong:

For either method, its 7.4% to get mutation from dad or mom.

From that point, if mating 2 mutated dinos, chance that it inherit the 2nd mutated melee is higher since they are same stats. (see 1st in pic) Second method has more chance of getting the same unwanted 52pts or even 50pts.

However, the first method will reach the point with more than 20 mutations on both sides after 5 mutations and need to rinse them once get pass mutation scores to one side. Then next rinse when they got 20 scores on both sides again.

Second method will not see that early on, but will face the same problem after 40 mutations with correct 20/20, 20/20 scores if things are going perfectly.

How do you guys do mutations, on rex or any other dinos?

And yes I'm a hardcore gamer...

• Volunteer Moderator

This is how I was pushing mutations:

25 minutes ago, JZhong said:

1. Don't care about mutation scores since I can rinse the 20/20; 20/20 dinos with a 0/20; 0/20 dino.

You should care! Because once your breeding line is dirty, you have 50% less chance to mutate further meaning you have to drop twice more eggs to get a new mutation on top of your mutations. ;)

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, JZhong said:

@invincibleqc the rex eggs on the market will have dirty stats, the cleanest ive seen so far is ~20/20, 180/20 if not a million on one end lol

I am not a fan of breeding rexes, i prefer theriz for their cuteness, but I still want to pick up some decent eggs if I wish to breed them later on. 

You should buy unmutated or tame on your own. People tends to breed the grand father with the daughters and repeat with everything they can just so they can guarantee the stats to sell. I was personally eating such eggs, because dirty is dirty but guess I'm too perfectionist. :)

Method one is a lot slower.

There is no fastest way to get the best dino. There is only one way to get the best dino and that's careful breeding. I also go as far as having a blood line for every stat. That makes it easier to stay below 20 and you want to stay below 20 as long as you can. If you hit 20, on all of them you breed them together and then you still can go for more mutations with breeding with a 0/20 parent. However at that point it slows down a lot by my experience.

On all other methods, like your first one, you trade of time for how good your dino is. This is also a valid option, especially on official as you don't need uber dinos for most of the bosses and you will be faster at the point you can go for the bosses.

Archived