poll: how late abberation will be?

OttoGrunf

so, the question is: abberation should be released on 8 am pacific time, that's 17:00 for us in europe. but if we take into account that wildcard never delivered on time, i presume abberation will be late as well. can you guess how long? i would say 1 day. what do you think?

disclaimer: this post is not intended to make fun of wildcard, but its intended that people on the forum have fun on wildcards never keep promise policy and guess when abberation really will be released

If it's down to a matter of hours, that doesn't really matter. Those sort of delays are very common in companys where last minute issues pop up and delay the release. 

Wild Card's history is more about delayed release dates, inc. dlc's, patches, patch notes, servers, official release.. the list goes on...

I'm going to say between no delay and 3 hours. Which I believe is respectable.

However, the real question and ultimate prediction is how many weeks will it take them to realise they need more than 5 servers to accommodate everyone playing Aberation?

Have fun paying for a 70/70 server menu.^_^

1 hour ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

I'd be more concerned about the fact that it's releasing on a Tuesday.

Good luck downloading the game on Steam maintenance day. 

Xbox master race ;)

But I predict less than two hours' delay. Based on the way Jat is describing download time, I'm guessing it's already live but they're just time-gating it before it's available for download. Which suits me just fine, I've got Overwatch Winter Event and GTA Doomsday Heist to hold me over until Aberration is available and downloaded

Goody. This one is fun.

I'm gonna go with no delay.

But.

1 dollar says that there will be seven patches in less than 24 hours despite the extra month they waited to release.

Irritating, as I will not be on the map that WC is going to be dropping all servers for every two hours to hotfix some screwup that they did not notice in their extended testing.

Basilisk. Hah. How many mesh exploits that thing going to unlock?

Or maybe undermeshing will be a "feature" now.

2 hours ago, kylehoot said:

Was available for me to download at 6am u.k (on xbox) thank goodness as i have the slowest internet ever. Its only 7.5 gig so hopefully i can jump on in single player :)

How  did you get to update ? Did it do it automatically when starting the game?  

Edit: never mind worked it out lol

I am also quite curious as Wildcard has never never given an exact time for a release. Its usually an ETA, (that i wont even get into explaining, but the vast majority of everyone here has already proven they dont know what that means) or they will mention a date and miss it or have to push it back.

But with a "hard time" its difficult to assume they havent already undergone QC prior to the anticipated release for a smooth launch. But, only time will tell.

with the way the player base dropped after official release, I do not think Wildcard can afford to loose anymore players.  So it will release today, not at 9am PST but more like 10, and it will be a horrible train wreck just like every other release. But the map will release with a 40GB + update, followed by a mad rush to fix a ton of exploits in the new map.

Archived