Alpha Tek Cave Official (Not Legacy) Legitametely

Toqs

Has anyone done alpha tek cave without cheating (bringing over the 10 person limit by dragging unconscious players into cave)? Im looking to do it legitametely with 10 players only. Please don't comment on your 15+ player strat. I know how it's done and I know it works.  

Thinking about 5 rex 4 theriz 1 daeodon. Daeodon will have thousands of kibble 

...but I think we were +1. We just wanted to see if it would work...the +1 part. We would have beat it easily without that person. Think we ended up with over 13 minutes on the clock when the overseer went down. We had one die during. Was dismounted and killed by the adds.

Edit/Add: Just checked the vid...we were +4. The +1 was the Beta ascension that happened right before it I guess so they could see if it would work with this. But was definitely on a new server NOT Legacy.

Just now, Palenor said:

Nice, did you complete it? Overseer and all? No Dinos?

We completed the entire Alpha Ascension.
The tricky part is spotting the Giga's on time when traversing the cave and bridges, as they literally "just pop up" when you get close enough.
So you definitely don't want to rush the cave.

Things we brought along:

• 1 Yuty
  • 2 high-end rexes for killing everything
  • 2 healing piggies
  • maximum allowed Therizinosaurs
  • Gillie gear
  • Hide Gear/Fur gear for the cold part
  • Food & Water
  • Stews for buffs
  • Pheromone darts to lure crap into lava

We basically mount the 2 rexes and just kill EVERYTHING along the way to the transporter.
We stop  at specific ledges to use the pheromone darts to lure large packs into the lava, especially the giga's.
Everything else get's taken down by our 2 rexes (Poland and Icebolt) who have the piggies on follow with passive healing.

Third player rides the Yuty and guides all chickens through the cave slowly behind us.
BEcause we clear everything, third player has nothing to fear and can focus purely on getting the chicken train through all tight corners.
The goal is reaching the teleporter with all chickens alive.

The fight itself is pretty forwards with overseer.
Chickens are permanently on the overseer, being buffed by the Yuty.
Rexes are used to clear our the defense units that spawn, and guns/rifles are used to take down the fliers.

Official is the elbow deep, teeth grinding purest method of completing it as I think it give a proper sense of accomplishment in completing ascension.

if you do it on unofficial its still an accomplishment, but nothing beats breeding rexs on crawling rates and the pure grind of it all to obtain bragging rights

personal opinion and all

1 minute ago, X111 said:

Official is the elbow deep, teeth grinding purest method of completing it as I think it give a proper sense of accomplishment in completing ascension.

if you do it on unofficial its still an accomplishment, but nothing beats breeding rexs on crawling rates and the pure grind of it all to obtain bragging rights

personal opinion and all

Exactly that, a personal opinion.
And that's fine. Everyone is entitled to his opinion.

Here's mine : I don't consider it a greater accomplishment at all. We all have our preferred play-style. Some people enjoy the time it takes that official requires, others don't. Plain and simple. And if you're playing in your favorite setting, and you achieve the things the game offers, that's your accomplishment right there.

2 minutes ago, Olivar said:

And this is relevant how?
You require good dino's to clear the cave, and kill the boss.
How you've obtained them changes nothing about what you're going to encounter in the cave, or how you deal with obstacles thrown at you.

• You still need to get passed all dinosaurs in the cave
  • You still need to get passed 2 Giga's
  • You still need to defeat the overseer
  • You need to do all that within the given time-limit.

The setup/composition you use to achieve that doesn't change that.
The tactic I listed can be done with a lot less dinosaurs if you get lucky on the placement inside the cave & the amount of pheromone darts you have available.
It can probably be done without pheromone darts as well, although I personally don't feel comfortable going toe to toe with a Giga.
Pretty sure it can be done with nothing but rexes as well.
Maybe even a full bear army if someone feels up for it.

The bottom line however is:

• At no point did I claim my strategy to be the only viable one
  • At no point do we call people out for playing official or playing differently
  • At no point do we attack people for having a different opinion/approach to playing this game.

Yet some people on these board are still of the mentality that "their way" is the apparently the only way to be playing the game.
And anyone playing differently or having a different opinion about this is playing "easy mode", or is a "scrub".

But by all means, keep defending this behavior.

no body is saying that

its not tactic so much as its time and effort I think the OP is referring to, should he invest his time in the animals he's listed or invest it in different animals on official

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

Exactly that, a personal opinion.
And that's fine. Everyone is entitled to his opinion.

Here's mine : I don't consider it a greater accomplishment at all. We all have our preferred play-style. Some people enjoy the time it takes that official requires, others don't. Plain and simple. And if you're playing in your favorite setting, and you achieve the things the game offers, that's your accomplishment right there.

exactly

Just now, X111 said:

no body is saying that

its not tactic so much as its time and effort I think the OP is referring to, should he invest his time in the animals he's listed or invest it in different animals on official

That's up to him to be honest.
I'd personally would go with a larger army than what is listed, as I have posted.
But it boils down to preference, tribe composition etc.

Based on the post, for 10 people, I'd definitely add a Yutu to the setup, simply to boost all dinosaurs in the fight.
Everything will be ridden, so if they are imprinted, it might be sufficient.
Really depends on the dino's in question.

1 minute ago, Lancelot said:

So what if he runs on dedi? I'm pretty sure the cave would be a cake walk with 45 theriz.

2 high end rexes mate boosted can clear the cave by themselves minus the giga(thats why you kite it). If rex gets low you have 2 daedons to heal.

Pretty much this.
2 fully bred rexes, mounted and with decent saddles have no problems with anything inside the cave except the Giga's.
The biggest danger is actually being pushed backwards into lava by certain packs, not so much fighting them actually.

It all boils down to the placement of the Giga's, whether RNGesus has mercy on you or not.

• Volunteer Moderator

Guys, keep it civil. Official doesn't necessarily refers to "official servers" but can also refers to "official settings". As long as people are sharing strategies doable with official difficulty; it is relevant. The childish official vs unofficial war needs to stop, this bring nothing constructive to the conversation and is just derailing the entire thread so again, keep it civil and stay on topic.

7 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Guys, keep it civil. Official doesn't necessarily refers to "official servers" but can also refers to "official settings". As long as people are sharing strategies doable with official difficulty; it is relevant. The childish official vs unofficial war needs to stop, this bring nothing constructive to the conversation and is just derailing the entire thread so again, keep it civil and stay on topic.

I thought we had?

54 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

the op specified requesting info for OFFICIAL. Since there is no official settings published for true comparison,  listing dedi info esp in terms of any stats ect is irrelevant and offopic. Still havent had a reply with an official post of those official settings so i can match it with a dedi ini. At min it is not unfair to ask it be discerned so that the reader can decide if they think dedi info is actually relevant. Personally i do not find it relevant and would like to know ahead of time if the post in my opinion should be ignored.

4 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Just curious but shouldnt this be considered a cheat glitch to drag 4 extra ppl into something intended for 10. Seems like it might be time for some cheat bans rolling out.

I don't really count cheating by dragging extra players in as completing the tek cave. It's not how the game was designed. Really looking for strategies on official servers. I think 8 theriz 1 yuty 1 daeodon would work if daeodon is loaded with 20-30 stacks of kibble.

Archived