Domnicioz

Tek Transmitter Boss Summoning

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:10 PM, Wazzamaniac said:

Because people can place a transmitter next to your dinos and upload them to a bossfight to kill them

Lol can you imagine stealth dropping into someones base, laying it in the middle of a group of tames, and them obbing them to a boss fight to die? Oh that is some straight dirty play that I would love to take advantage of

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2018 at 4:17 PM, CaptainRedbeard82 said:

not if there is pillars/walls/foundations nearby. but I see that could be an issue.

Well this could also apply to someone leaving their tame unguarded in the wilderness, for example when taming something. Sneak up behind their mount and presto its gone

this used to actually be a thing but was removed. i beleive it should be brought back as well i dont play PVP so i dont know of the possible downsides buts on PVE people satck the obelisks with so many stupid rexs and especially on maps like the island there is limited space to try and move your dinos onto the obi when you actualy want to do a fight

5 hours ago, Notorious2652 said:

this used to actually be a thing but was removed. i beleive it should be brought back as well i dont play PVP so i dont know of the possible downsides buts on PVE people satck the obelisks with so many stupid rexs and especially on maps like the island there is limited space to try and move your dinos onto the obi when you actualy want to do a fight

Doesn't matter if its PvP or PvE, long as the creature is compatible, it will get warped even if its on Offline Protection, especially if theres some sneaky griefers sneaking a transmitter inside an unclaimed area.

13 hours ago, AzDaemon said:

Lol can you imagine stealth dropping into someones base, laying it in the middle of a group of tames, and them obbing them to a boss fight to die? Oh that is some straight dirty play that I would love to take advantage of

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vaculity said:

Doesn't matter if its PvP or PvE, long as the creature is compatible, it will get warped even if its on Offline Protection, especially if theres some sneaky griefers sneaking a transmitter inside an unclaimed area.

1. dont leave your dinos in an unclaimed area.

2. tek transmitters are not cheap its not like spending 40 stone and some thatch

people arent just going to blow like 10k worth of mats just to kill off some randos baryonyx

but that being said while adding this to  transmitters it would be the perfect time to make it so other peoples dinos cannot be ported into to a boss fight ... should never have even been possible in the first place

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Notorious2652 said:

1. dont leave your dinos in an unclaimed area.

2. tek transmitters are not cheap its not like spending 40 stone and some thatch

people arent just going to blow like 10k worth of mats just to kill off some randos baryonyx

but that being said while adding this to  transmitters it would be the perfect time to make it so other peoples dinos cannot be ported into to a boss fight ... should never have even been possible in the first place

Meh, I can grind out a transmitter on ab in an hour but, you're right, I wouldn't waste it on one thing. I would try to get a huge quantity of tames all at once. Preferably, I would try to sneak into someone's base, place it in the middle of a big group, and then port all of those tames

On 8/22/2018 at 4:10 PM, Wazzamaniac said:

Because people can place a transmitter next to your dinos and upload them to a bossfight to kill them

The solution for this would be to make the transmitter only upload dinos belonging to the tribe that owns it and perhaps their allies, also serving as a shield like the forcefield to block out infiltrating piggy backers, then there's the yuty roar for that. Honestly, if a tribe is dumb enough to leave their tames in an area where someone else can place a structure ("unclaimed area") they really deserve to be killed. 

17 minutes ago, Myosapien said:

The solution for this would be to make the transmitter only upload dinos belonging to the tribe that owns it and perhaps their allies, also serving as a shield like the forcefield to block out infiltrating piggy backers, then there's the yuty roar for that. Honestly, if a tribe is dumb enough to leave their tames in an area where someone else can place a structure ("unclaimed area") they really deserve to be killed. 

For your last point I don't agree.

There's plenty of things you can do in the wilderness that can require you to be semi-afk. I know for certain if I am on the Island there are many spots where it's safe to leave a large mount unattended for a minute. This gives them enough time to port the dino.

As for only allowing tribemates and allies this would just add too many restrictions, often times people do bossfights without being allies for safety reasons.