Transfer System

Vrallox

I started the thread to try and bring more attention to the terrible transfer system. I'm well aware of how it works but was, until recently, missing the key part about the removal of the character save from the server of origin.

There are many reasons to swim through the sea of servers. Bosses, trading, taming, breeding, etc. All which would greatly benefit from having a fully leveled character transferred in rather then making a new character.

At one point I needed to collect some eggs on a server to complete a transaction. Rather then leave a flyer on that server open to griefing I created a new character and trekked to the rendezvous point on foot. Let me say that having my normal character there would have greatly shortened the time it took.

Yes, there are other options to transferring but if the current transfer system was fixed it would be vastly superior to having different characters on each server.

Here's an idea and i know it might be a bit out there, but level a new toon.

Y? safer, easier, on uhm idk these bonus xp events, there even easier now, send some tools mats over boom, lvl 60 in 2 days or something.

^Did this on legacy, now i just got 1 toon, which is horrible now that i think about it, i should have at least 3.  The real issue is, does your character get deleted after being away for a while and by a while i mean idk 2-3months? yea items, dinoes, base, gone sure but what happens to the toon?

edit:

If i had gotten abber i would have started fresh just to be safe.

35 minutes ago, zeroBurnAcidCool said:

Here's an idea and i know it might be a bit out there, but level a new toon.

Y? safer, easier, on uhm idk these bonus xp events, there even easier now, send some tools mats over boom, lvl 60 in 2 days or something.

^Did this on legacy, now i just got 1 toon, which is horrible now that i think about it, i should have at least 3.  The real issue is, does your character get deleted after being away for a while and by a while i mean idk 2-3months? yea items, dinoes, base, gone sure but what happens to the toon?

edit:

If i had gotten abber i would have started fresh just to be safe.

Nah. Your character is safe. We've had people return after months and they kept their old characters. Lost everything on the characters after scavengers drowned them and looted the bodies though.

Archived