Transfer System

Vrallox

So now that I have more than just myself in the tribe I decided to accept an invite to a tribe on Ragnarok offering me a base of operations over there by way of taking the risk of transferring my character to that server rather then starting a new one. I knew it was a god awful system but I always assumed a copy of my character would remain on the server of origin. I had no idea the save on the original server would actually be deleted upon making a copy on the new server.

Seriously? Who thought that up? I made a joke in another thread about Homer Simpson making the decisions at Wildcard but now I'm not sure I wasn't on the money. The name may be different but the actions certainly aren't. "So the character will be moved to another server with nothing left of it on the old server? Makes sense to me! Nothing bad could come of it!"

I should point out that I've played with everyone involved for over a year now. Really the only way to group together under a single tribe with the equally awful tribe system.

When you transfer the character back you won't have lost progress. The server recognises the character you transfered and you will still have your tribe and dinos. The character is not deleted on the server you transfered from but it cannot be in two places at once. In the future it's better to create separate characters on each server you visit because the transfer has been known to glitch and survivors have lost characters before.

4 hours ago, DomeBlue said:

When you transfer the character back you won't have lost progress. The server recognises the character you transfered and you will still have your tribe and dinos. The character is not deleted on the server you transfered from but it cannot be in two places at once. In the future it's better to create separate characters on each server you visit because the transfer has been known to glitch and survivors have lost characters before.

That's the problem. With the current system we risk losing our characters each time we transfer them. And it makes no sense. We can't play on multiple servers at the same time with the same account so requiring the character to be constantly transferred to play on different servers with the same character is a downright terrible system.

If the server you are on has a roll back for say 2h and you where on another server at the time you wil loose your survivor. I even had a dupe of my char on a server that had a 30m roll back. But not usable. So transfering has a risk of loosing your survivor abd they cannot get it back.  And i always said it wil never happen to me O.o

I always just start a new character on new servers, its not that hard to level up if you know what your doing and you eliminate the chance of losing a character and once leveled switching servers is very fast.  Side benefit is effectively double the engram points to allocate depending on the map being played.

6 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

then you know something i don't know share plz :) i lost my main because i had to transfer wyvern milk and my island server got 8 hour rollback.

You put what you what to transfer from one server in ob on one character. You go to any other server with a different character and that item or dino will be in the ob. 

I do this daily transferring artifacts that are way easier to get on island than rag. Main never leaves our rag server. 

Been like this since transferring became a thing. 

14 minutes ago, BrickTamlandCh4 said:

You put what you what to transfer from one server in ob on one character. You go to any other server with a different character and that item or dino will be in the ob. 

I do this daily transferring artifacts that are way easier to get on island than rag. Main never leaves our rag server. 

Did not know that so transfer is account bound thx, going to try it out.

30 minutes ago, BrickTamlandCh4 said:

This is new to me as well.

People on my server said they transfer item and character as well. And I thought it is convenient enough to put everything in my inventory  and wait for timer, then transfer to another server (I have 800weight so I can bring a lot) 

If your claim is true, then I shall not risk losing character anymore.

1 hour ago, Avaraxius said:

Creating a new survivor is not a problem but you cannot transfer anything (resources, trades) to other servers if you create a new one on a server.

since it is not possible to transfer stuff between diffrent survivors of same account.

Everything in this comment is dead wrong. You CAN do all of that.

22 hours ago, DomeBlue said:

@Vrallox why do you have to move your character? I don't understand why you feel the need to transfer a character back and forth. It's not 'required'. 

It is if you want the full game experience and your main server is SE. I HAD TO transfer to the island many times to do boss fights to unlock the tekgrams. I HAD TO transfer my char to the island server to do the ascension.

14 minutes ago, Midnight_ said:

It is if you want the full game experience and your main server is SE. I HAD TO transfer to the island many times to do boss fights to unlock the tekgrams. I HAD TO transfer my char to the island server to do the ascension.

And if you want the tek sword, tek shield, and tek light then you'll have to transfer to a Ragnarok server. I'm just glad I have no interest in any of those silly items and am merely trying to help down bosses. Not looking forward to the level grinding. This'll be my sixth trip to 100 thanks to the laughable transfer system.

@Midnight_@Vrallox Yes but that's not the kind of transferring you were talking about in your opening post Vrallox. You implied moving from server to server to just generally play the game. You mentioned nothing of bossing until someone else connected it to this thread. As I said... I don't see the need for you to be transferring back and forth between servers just to play tribe with rag and your other server. Bossing on the other hand I understand the necessity for transferring your character and the same for ascension. I can also see why people transfer their characters if they are moving or if they need to temporarily stay on a traders server to imprint mammals and such (as I've done before for tusos). 

Midnight if you feel the need to transfer your character to get the full ark experience then by all means do what you have to do. But from your post its something you 'had' indulged in.  

15 minutes ago, DomeBlue said:

@Midnight_@Vrallox Yes but that's not the kind of transferring you were talking about in your opening post Vrallox. You implied moving from server to server to just generally play the game. You mentioned nothing of bossing until someone else connected it to this thread. As I said... I don't see the need for you to be transferring back and forth between servers just to play tribe with rag and your other server. Bossing on the other hand I understand the necessity for transferring your character and the same for ascension. I can also see why people transfer their characters if they are moving or if they need to temporarily stay on a traders server to imprint mammals and such (as I've done before for tusos). 

Midnight if you feel the need to transfer your character to get the full ark experience then by all means do what you have to do. But from your post its something you 'had' indulged in.  

I thought boss killing with them was covered by "playing with them" though. I'll try to be more clear in the future.

@VralloxMissed my first reply's intent but that's fine. I hope posting this thread helped you learn more about transferring characters however and that your character is not deleted on the original server. And many survivors do not participate in bosses. If bossing is a main reason for transferring your character I suggest creating a second character anyway and getting both to unlock the engrams. The character you transferred can then go back and boss on its server of origin to gather the elements (that's the reason for it to have the engrams right? I assume you create the tek on the first server or its pointless for that character to unlock the engrams). Good luck with your base of operation. 

Archived