The Boss dossier probably isn't a boss dossier

Umber0010

so as i'm sure you all know, we have gotten (presumably) the final Community crunch before Aberration. and on this we see what appears to be a boss dossier. however, I belive that's it's actually something else entirely, let's have a look, shall we?

for starters, while it clearly is the same device as the boss dossier, there are a few inconsistencies, for reference, let's grab the other dossiers

Spoiler

File:Dossier Broodmother.png

File:Dossier Megapithecus.png

File:Dossier Dragon.png

File:Dossier Manticore.png

as we can see, they all share a bit in common, they all show the boss's DNA sequence, the dragon, megapinthicus, and Manticore, all show a size comparison, and the island bosses all show some part of the boss's Biology, now let's look at the "dossier" just revealed

large.Aberration_Note.jpg.2f8d762a70d8ce74d1b1830b41af00cd.jpg

as you can see, apart from the coloring, there is something MUCH different about this "dossier" for starters,  the picture of the supposed boss isn't very detailed, where the boss dossiers are high-detailed photos of the bosses, this appears more of a picture drawn by someone, or something. secondly, as we can see, over half the "dossier" is covered in code, which has been translated to

"I am not a god. I am more than that. Infinitely more. I am everything. This world, this ARK, it is my body.   "

"I can feel every bit of it, every footstep of man or beast that falls upon my skin, and every root that digs into my flesh. They are all mine. Everything in this world happens only by my will.   "

"The ones who put me here have long since fled, but though I hate them, I accept their escape. It is their reward, for they placed me upon this throne.     "

"Yet should anyone else challenge me, they shall receive no mercy. My wrath will be swift and terrible, and my enemies will know only pain. I am everything.   "

this should be the red herring right here, the only thing that this and the boss dossiers have in common is the device. so what do I think this is? I think it's one of Aberrations explorer notes, one written by this rouge... something. For convenience sake, let's call this thing John, John the Artificial bio-dome floating above a dead earth in space. Good to meet you John

as for what these "explorer" notes written by John mean, there are a few possibilities. The most obvious is that these are to give us lore that the survivors, such as Helena or Rockwell likely wouldn't know about. Such as the Cataclysm that shattered Aberration, Homo Deus, the Apocalypse that destroyed earth, ect.

This could also re-define the ARKs as we know it, are all of them sentient? Is this an overseer that got fused with the ARK after the cataclysm, is it a homo Deus, Just who, or what, is John?

also, how could ANYTHING challenge a floating island? what are we going to do? shovel rocks and dirt into space?

So yeah, just bringing it up

Using the info I've gathered, can I attempt to add to this?

He attacks you with tentacle-like thingies. Check the illustration for Aberration - two tentacles extending out of a glowing canyon. (Guess incoming) He is the reason of this corruption - changing his world to suit his liking. The thingies that made the ARKs had to put him somewhere... so here's John.

2 minutes ago, GerbilRex said:

Using the info I've gathered, can I attempt to add to this?

He attacks you with tentacle-like thingies. Check the illustration for Aberration - two tentacles extending out of a glowing canyon. (Guess incoming) He is the reason of this corruption - changing his world to suit his liking. The thingies that made the ARKs had to put him somewhere... so here's John.

see, that's another thing, I've seen that picture, and while we still don't know what John is, there are a few problems with that being John. for starters, those tentacles don't look very earth like, which one would expect if John has complete control over the ARK. Second, if John is the boss, then either A. we can only fight the boss once, or B. We can't actually Kill John

Also, if we tried to Oppose John, he'll probably just cause a cave in on us, our dinos, and our base

Just now, Umber0010 said:

see, that's another thing, I've seen that picture, and while we still don't know what John is, there are a few problems with that being John. for starters, those tentacles don't look very earth like, which one would expect if John has complete control over the ARK. Second, if John is the boss, then either A. we can only fight the boss once, or B. We can't actually Kill John

Also, if we tried to Oppose John, he'll probably just cause a cave in on us, our dinos, and our base

Well, would you cave in yourself?

It said Everything in this world happens only by my will. He could summon tentacles!

Let's have a look at each of your points to see if we can debunk this "not a boss" theory. First off just by looking The world of Aberration you can tell that the ark is, well... Defective. Hell the day night cycle has a mid of it's own, almost as if there is a god controlling it.  The obelisk is even lopsided, and not any of the previous colors in previous Arks. So if the world is broken, why can't a boss dossier be "Broken" too? Remember this is all in a game where people have made a cult around the DODO REX!  boss that doesn't even exist in the story of ark. So in sort, my first point is... Aberration isn't like other arks.

Second, and this is something that is apparent with all bosses. It still doesn't give you a whole lot of information. Dossiers are suppose to inform, this boss note dose nothing but boast about "being god", something that dose not give the run down about it's biology. It more seems like it's trying to threaten survivors, Much like the other Boss notes. Just using a riddle rather than an image of the creature. We have had a spider, an ape, a dragon, and a manticore for bosses so far... so why not a demi-god?

Third, strange powers has always emanated from the obelisks, it's even a hint on the loading screen. And since Aberration is broken, as stated before. It's reasonable to believe that this power could be magnified or altered to effect a greater area. And maybe that's why the creatures are mutated the way they are and have even taken up refuge underground? Come to think of it, so far we have only seen one obelisk. Once again reinforcing that Aberration  isn't like other Arks, saying that it is is just crazy and... not true.

Fourth and fore most... THEY HAVE THE SAME MODEL... that is all

Th game will be released within 24 hours if it's not delayed. So we will see about "Boss John" soon enough

1 hour ago, TyranntX said:

Let's have a look at each of your points to see if we can debunk this "not a boss" theory. First off just by looking The world of Aberration you can tell that the ark is, well... Defective. Hell the day night cycle has a mid of it's own, almost as if there is a god controlling it.  The obelisk is even lopsided, and not any of the previous colors in previous Arks. So if the world is broken, why can't a boss dossier be "Broken" too? Remember this is all in a game where people have made a cult around the DODO REX!  boss that doesn't even exist in the story of ark. So in sort, my first point is... Aberration isn't like other arks.

Second, and this is something that is apparent with all bosses. It still doesn't give you a whole lot of information. Dossiers are suppose to inform, this boss note dose nothing but boast about "being god", something that dose not give the run down about it's biology. It more seems like it's trying to threaten survivors, Much like the other Boss notes. Just using a riddle rather than an image of the creature. We have had a spider, an ape, a dragon, and a manticore for bosses so far... so why not a demi-god?

Third, strange powers has always emanated from the obelisks, it's even a hint on the loading screen. And since Aberration is broken, as stated before. It's reasonable to believe that this power could be magnified or altered to effect a greater area. And maybe that's why the creatures are mutated the way they are and have even taken up refuge underground? Come to think of it, so far we have only seen one obelisk. Once again reinforcing that Aberration  isn't like other Arks, saying that it is is just crazy and... not true.

Fourth and fore most... THEY HAVE THE SAME MODEL... that is all

Th game will be released within 24 hours if it's not delayed. So we will see about "Boss John" soon enough

while it is true that this could just be  broken dossier, you have to be a very lucky kind of broken to go from "Biology PDA" to "boasting about being more than god" PDA.

Second point, you said it yourself, this thing share almost nothing in similar to the other dossiers, and that image is more akin to one of Helena's Explorer notes (i'll grab it after I type this)

Third point what does that have to do with this not being a boss PDA

and fourth point, it is true that they share the same model, but we don't exactly know what that model is supposed to be. for all we know, the Boss dossiers are just standard writing PDAs that the Homo Deus use to write down information. It's also possible that John is just re-purposing the Boss dossiers

Archived