aberration Ark Aberration DLC

xXALIXx

So I already have Ark scorched earth and I got it before the season pass came out and I was wandering whether the aberration dlc would be separate as well, since I don’t want to pay extra for a season pass when I have already got 1 dlc. I heard there was a discount for people who already own scorched earth. If anyone can let me know what’s happening that would be great. And also this is for Xbox. :D

• Volunteer Moderator

Yes, you will be able to purchase Aberration alone for $20. If you buy the Season Pass, you pay $45 total so $15 per DLC and you save 33% if you already own SE so the Season Pass is a good deal if you also plan to buy the third expansion next year. :)

6 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Yes, you will be able to purchase Aberration alone for $20. If you buy the Season Pass, you pay $45 total so $15 per DLC and you save 33% if you already own SE so the Season Pass is a good deal if you also plan to buy the third expansion next year. :)

Uhhhh... If you own SE you lose 5$ compared to if you did not own it.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, GLADONOS said:

Uhhhh... If you own SE you lose 5$ compared to if you did not own it.

You don't lose $5. SE was available a year prior the Season Pass exists. The Season Pass offers the 3 expansions at $15 each, since you already own SE, you don't buy it again. As simple as that, you don't lose money at all you just don't pay for the one you already own. :)

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

You don't lose $5. SE was available a year prior the Season Pass exists. The Season Pass offers the 3 expansions at $15 each, since you already own SE, you don't buy it again. As simple as that, you don't lose money at all you just don't pay for the one you already own. :)

You do lose 5$ because i would not have bought SE had there been a season pass at that time. You don't get the discount from the season pass because you did not have the option to buy it when SE came out so you pay full price for SE.

Let us put it another way:

If we were a business and there was a shipment deal that cost's 45,000$ dollars and we were late on that deal and purchased a portion of the shipments for 20,000$ when we clearly had the intention of purchasing a 45,000$ shipment. The end result is that we ended up paying 50,000$ due to a mistake in purchasing. This would be viewed as a major loss by said business. Especially since other businesses have purchased that very same shipment for 45,000$. And while the difference between 45,000$ and 50,000 may not seem like much it actually is due to the fact that most of that money goes to maintenance and that "5,000$" Is probably HALF of the net profit.

Of coarse:

I am being very petty because we are only talking about 5$... So it really is not a big deal. :Jerbmad:

• Volunteer Moderator

I understand your point, but it doesn't work like that. The Season Pass offer was -not- available at the time, so your only choice was to pay full price or wait a year to save $5. Saying you lose $5 is not accurate, because you simply doesn't pay for the same DLC you already own from that -new- offer that is now available.

I bought TF2 on DVD years before it become F2P, does that means VALVe owe me money? ?

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, KessGenre said:

MY QUESTION IS, IF SOMEONE HAS PURCHASED THE SEASON PASS WITH SCORCHED EARTH INCLUDED IN THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE (it was a bundle for PS4 2016, Ark w/season pass & Scorched Earth) DO THOSE WHO HAVE THE SEASON PASS GET A DISCOUNT OR FREE ACCESS TO THE ABERRATION DLC??????

The season pass was not available in 2016.

If you purchased in 2016 all you would have purchased was the base game and SE as a bundle. If you buy the season pass now there should be a 33% discount, although I believe there have been some issues with PS4 for that, but i'm not familiar with the issues myself.

8 minutes ago, KessGenre said:

MY QUESTION IS, IF SOMEONE HAS PURCHASED THE SEASON PASS WITH SCORCHED EARTH INCLUDED IN THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE (it was a bundle for PS4 2016, Ark w/season pass & Scorched Earth) DO THOSE WHO HAVE THE SEASON PASS GET A DISCOUNT OR FREE ACCESS TO THE ABERRATION DLC??????

Yes. You get a 33% discount. But 33% of 45 is 15$ and since you pay 20$ for SE you still lose 5$.

^ That is the business standpoint. People need to stop making double standards for consumers and business.

28 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I understand your point, but it doesn't work like that. The Season Pass offer was -not- available at the time, so your only choice was to pay full price or wait a year to save $5. Saying you lose $5 is not accurate, because you simply doesn't pay for the same DLC you already own from that -new- offer that is now available.

I bought TF2 on DVD years before it become F2P, does that means VALVe owe me money? ?

Never said they ow me anything. And even if i did, it would not mean anything since i will not get anything. Actions speak louder then words, so when consumers blame businesses for morally questionable actions, it does not hurt them at all unlike the way morally questionable actions hurt consumers.

I love how you are trying to pin an entitlement badge on me.

7 hours ago, GLADONOS said:

Yes. You get a 33% discount. But 33% of 45 is 15$ and since you pay 20$ for SE you still lose 5$.

^ That is the business standpoint. People need to stop making double standards for consumers and business.

Never said they ow me anything. And even if i did, it would not mean anything since i will not get anything. Actions speak louder then words, so when consumers blame businesses for morally questionable actions, it does not hurt them at all unlike the way morally questionable actions hurt consumers.

I love how you are trying to pin an entitlement badge on me.

Sales begin, sales end.  You don't get to automatically keep the most advantageous price ever associated with a product in perpetuity and demand that same price in any future transactions (sale or otherwise) that include that product.

You will find plenty of evidence of this during, and especially after, the holiday season. 

There is nothing morally ambiguous about it, that is how commerce works... and that's how it has always worked, whether you personally were aware of that fact or not. 

The only difference is that if this were a retail store, and you attempted to manipulate a sale price or special offer by  showing an months old receipt (with a months old price on it), you'd be asked to leave the store.  Because essentially you are insisting that you are entitled to a current sale price being retroactively applied to an item you purchased months ago at full price.

18 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

Sales begin, sales end.  You don't get to automatically keep the most advantageous price ever associated with a product in perpetuity and demand that same price in any future transactions (sale or otherwise) that include that product.

You will find plenty of evidence of this during, and especially after, the holiday season. 

There is nothing morally ambiguous about it, that is how commerce works... and that's how it has always worked, whether you personally were aware of that fact or not. 

The only difference is that if this were a retail store, and you attempted to manipulate a sale price or special offer by  showing an months old receipt (with a months old price on it), you'd be asked to leave the store.  Because essentially you are insisting that you are entitled to a current sale price being retroactively applied to an item you purchased months ago at full price.

The DLC released in beta. If you don't see the problem here, then there is no use talking to you. At the very least others will see what i wrote and not fall for your trap of trying to sprinkle sugar on it.

I love how you called me entitled after i said:

On 12/11/2017 at 5:07 AM, GLADONOS said:

Never said they ow me anything

You keep trying to pin that entitlement badge. :Jerblove:

2 hours ago, GLADONOS said:

The DLC released in beta. If you don't see the problem here, then there is no use talking to you.

Which is completely irrelevant to the point being discussed, but please feel free to keep beating that dead horse.

2 hours ago, GLADONOS said:

I love how you called me entitled after i said:

On 12/11/2017 at 7:07 AM, GLADONOS said:

Never said they ow me anything

You keep trying to pin that entitlement badge. :Jerblove:

I said your claim that people who purchase the season pass are actually losing $5 is false as explained above.

I said that your veiled insinuation that the way the season pass is priced is somehow "morally questionable", was false as explained above.

And when I said " Because essentially you are insisting that you are entitled to a current sale price being retroactively applied to an item you purchased months ago at full price. " I was obviously speaking collectively, and in that context you is interchangeable with the word people or folks.  I couldn't care less if you personally are making a purchase, that is completely irrelevant to this discussion.  We are discussing your assertions.

You can play games with semantics all you like my friend... your insinuations of morally bankrupt behavior while hiding behind the false shield of "I can say that because it doesn't affect ME personally" is as transparent as glass.  When you spread falsehoods, and false accusations, you're going to get called on it.

So once again to be perfectly clear, if a person purchases something at full price and uses it for months, that transaction was both voluntary and final.  The deal is done and full value received.  If that item goes on sale months later a person doesn't have to right to claim that they should get a discount and/or refund bring their cost down to the new sale price (or special offer price), nor do they have the slightest validation in calling a refusal to make that price adjustment "morally ambiguous".

^Ummm yay.... Pubg er i mean Aberration... whoow better late than never right? Ya'll done bickering? These points are vaild but i lost the point of the thread half way down..... 5 bucks 20 bucks shooot i spend 30 bucks to keep my fridge loaded with monster... wait what we talkig about again? Oh yeah Aberration whooow

17 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

Which is completely irrelevant to the point being discussed, but please feel free to keep beating that dead horse.

I said your claim that people who purchase the season pass are actually losing $5 is false as explained above.

I said that your veiled insinuation that the way the season pass is priced is somehow "morally questionable", was false as explained above.

And when I said " Because essentially you are insisting that you are entitled to a current sale price being retroactively applied to an item you purchased months ago at full price. " I was obviously speaking collectively, and in that context you is interchangeable with the word people or folks.  I couldn't care less if you personally are making a purchase, that is completely irrelevant to this discussion.  We are discussing your assertions.

You can play games with semantics all you like my friend... your insinuations of morally bankrupt behavior while hiding behind the false shield of "I can say that because it doesn't affect ME personally" is as transparent as glass.  When you spread falsehoods, and false accusations, you're going to get called on it.

So once again to be perfectly clear, if a person purchases something at full price and uses it for months, that transaction was both voluntary and final.  The deal is done and full value received.  If that item goes on sale months later a person doesn't have to right to claim that they should get a discount and/or refund bring their cost down to the new sale price (or special offer price), nor do they have the slightest validation in calling a refusal to make that price adjustment "morally ambiguous".

Never did i say the 5$ loss was morally ambiguous. 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:38 PM, xXALIXx said:

So I already have Ark scorched earth and I got it before the season pass came out and I was wandering whether the aberration dlc would be separate as well, since I don’t want to pay extra for a season pass when I have already got 1 dlc. I heard there was a discount for people who already own scorched earth. If anyone can let me know what’s happening that would be great. And also this is for Xbox. :D

Indeed you can buy something similar to the standard seasons pass, I think its called complete your seasons pass or something where you are able to pay less for the rest of the DLC's

4 hours ago, GLADONOS said:

Never did i say the 5$ loss was morally ambiguous. 

Then you need to stop trying to play clever word games, because when you say this when referencing the $5 difference it would sure seem otherwise.

On 12/11/2017 at 7:07 AM, GLADONOS said:

Actions speak louder then words, so when consumers blame businesses for morally questionable actions, it does not hurt them at all unlike the way morally questionable actions hurt consumers.

20 hours ago, Gunslingerediel said:

Ya'll done bickering? These points are vaild but i lost the point of the thread half way down..... 5 bucks 20 bucks shooot i spend 30 bucks to keep my fridge loaded with monster... wait what we talkig about again? Oh yeah Aberration whooow

Agreed!  Sorry about that Gunslinger, I felt the need to set the record straight.

Aside the money issue... Everyone is excited about Aberration and what it means but since Aberration came out it seems the connecting to a server bug just magically disappeared hmmm kinda strange and im not gonna say it seems like that bug has been plauging the game for sometime now.. no i wont go into how i feel about that... nor the silent giga fix.. The server i was on last night was a ghost town.. alot of frustrated people got on then said some rather depressing things then logged off.. im taking it as for many Aberration marked the end of the second golden age of Ark.. probably didnt help the fact other games were released.. or updated.. I'll wait to explore Aberration when the new shine has worn off it

• 4 weeks later...

Archived