mindwipe questions

Flaminguo

Just now, invincibleqc said:

You can mind-wipe once per level. So at level 100, you mind-wipe once and then you will have to ascend if you wish to mind-wipe again. Once you are level 115, you can mind-wipe one last time and then your character won't be able to ever again.

wait so i can get more higher then level 100? 

• Volunteer Moderator

I think so, but I have no clue how the "limitation" works behind the scene. In your case, I would assume that as long you never "leveled up" to 100, even if you have the XP, you can still mind-wipe on the 99, level up to 100 and have another mind-wipe for that level but I'm not entirely sure about that so cannot confirm it, sorry. Maybe someone else knows.

9 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I think so, but I have no clue how the "limitation" works behind the scene. In your case, I would assume that as long you never "leveled up" to 100, even if you have the XP, you can still mind-wipe on the 99, level up to 100 and have another mind-wipe for that level but I'm not entirely sure about that so cannot confirm it, sorry. Maybe someone else knows.

about stats, can i ask your opinion? im alone player , i do everything how should i restat? i mean is worth put damage on pve

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

I have a second character for crafting with 1k+ crafting skills. I wouldn't recommend wasting points of your main character into crafting.

:/ yep was doing same too but always play on main character and was thinking to do something balanced with crafting skill too but im not sure :/

For what it's worth, my PvE build at lvl 100 is: 350 health, 150 stam, 400 weight, 130 speed, 38 fort - that's a Rag build, for the island or centre I'd drop fort a bit & have more weight. For PvP I build with 300 health, 250-300 weight, and, depending on how the PvP is, either a bunch of melee or more speed - for hand to hand with clubs I'll level melee, for all other PvP builds it's speed. I like the high fort for all the PvP builds, so that's 38 for Island/Rag/Centre or 50 for SE

12 minutes ago, FeyGriffin said:

For what it's worth, my PvE build at lvl 100 is: 350 health, 150 stam, 400 weight, 130 speed, 38 fort - that's a Rag build, for the island or centre I'd drop fort a bit & have more weight. For PvP I build with 300 health, 250-300 weight, and, depending on how the PvP is, either a bunch of melee or more speed - for hand to hand with clubs I'll level melee, for all other PvP builds it's speed. I like the high fort for all the PvP builds, so that's 38 for Island/Rag/Centre or 50 for SE

do you think we need fortitude on island ? acutally i got 80 but its just because i didnt know where to put points >.< 

• Volunteer Moderator

I personally think fortitude is useless and is wasting precious points. Good gear that allows you to go anywhere on the map without being cold/hot can easily be looted. Might be useful for troodons, but then again... doesn't worth it when I can just pump some speed and outrun them. :P

I personally think fortitude is useless and is wasting precious points. Good gear that allows you to go anywhere on the map without being cold/hot can easily be looted. Might be useful for troodons, but then again... doesn't worth it when I can just pump some speed and outrun them. [emoji14]
Ya, i really wish they could better balance fortitude. I know really high levels of it help tremdously with torpor recovery. But it would be nice if it had a strong effect on environmental elements and, while still helping, have a weaker impact on torpor recovery. This would allow the player base to only use about 10 to 15 points on fortutude to se a noteable improvement while eliminating the trolls that you just cant K.O.

Again, an opinion, but early early game, having a better torpor variance would allow a smaller weaker tribe to survive in more inhospitable locations which would give valuabke time to estabkish a base/defenses without worry or too many ground attacks from roaming players.

Guest DJRone89
20 minutes ago, Planet X PVE said:

yes they say unlimited respecs in unofficial but isnt working.. only 1x per level. at 115 ur stuck with ur stats... which sucks and no admin commands to force wipe

I had the bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=True in the gameuser.ini instead of the game.ini but switched it over and it works without issues. Levelled my admin account to 100 and used 10 mindwips just to be sure.

So just stumbled on this thread by accident but I always thought Fort was pretty important for temperature? I have about 30 on my character (on The Island) and it definitely makes a difference... where our base is we were always overheating before but once I got to about 20+ fort it seemed to stop for the most part. And with 30 fort I can put an otter on my shoulder and go to snow biome without any fur armor and not even get the snowflake (as long as it's day time).

And I also thought melee damage was important for harvesting, like it is with animals? Does it not make you harvest better with picks/hatchets etc.?

1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

I had the bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=True in the gameuser.ini instead of the game.ini but switched it over and it works without issues. Levelled my admin account to 100 and used 10 mindwips just to be sure.

That change isn't retroactive though. If you're a Lvl 100 that used a Mindwipe after the Mindwipe nerf, but before the "bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=True" was added, you're basically screwed unless you can do the Tek Cave to ascend. I made the mistake of doing that. My char is Lvl 100 and can't Mindwipe at all anymore, but my Lvl 100 tribemate who didn't use a Mindwipe prior to the code being added, can Mindwipe all he wants after the code was put in.

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, Daedros said:

That change isn't retroactive though. If you're a Lvl 100 that used a Mindwipe after the Mindwipe nerf, but before the "bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=True" was added, you're basically screwed unless you can do the Tek Cave to ascend. I made the mistake of doing that. My char is Lvl 100 and can't Mindwipe at all anymore, but my Lvl 100 tribemate who didn't use a Mindwipe prior to the code being added, can Mindwipe all he wants after the code was put in.

Last night a player on my server lost his level 100 character, but it took that for me to realise the setting wasn’t in the correct section.

I can see why the nerf was introduced to official but it’s poop that it’s not retroactive on unofficials. All the override does is disable the check but like you said, we’re screwed if we have already mindwiped.

Archived