i need help on the settings for breeding

but the problem is

i don't play much

maybe 1- 2 hours a day

i was currently breeding rexes 

but my mature speed and the mating intervals were way over powered

so now my baby rexes grew so fast that they are now quite cr*p

and when i got back there was like 5 dead baby rexes

so can anyone give me good settings so this does not happen.

Fellow busy guy here that happens to run several servers for other people who also have lives... 

Use these settings they will have you breeding and raising in minutes/hours instead of hours/days. You can also get 100% imprint on everything with them.

DO NOT change any of them or it'll all go wrong. Pulling off 100% imprint for everything at these speeds took several spreadsheets of data, many macros and even more hours of running calculations & testing.

BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier 45
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier 0.015
BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier 5
BabyCuddleGracePeriodMultiplier 10
BabyCuddleLoseImprintQualitySpeedMultiplier 0.015
Hatch Multiplier 45
Mating Interval 0.01
Food Consumption 0.25

On 12/10/2017 at 8:44 AM, HalfSlabBacon said:

Fellow busy guy here that happens to run several servers for other people who also have lives... 

Use these settings they will have you breeding and raising in minutes/hours instead of hours/days. You can also get 100% imprint on everything with them.

DO NOT change any of them or it'll all go wrong. Pulling off 100% imprint for everything at these speeds took several spreadsheets of data, many macros and even more hours of running calculations & testing.

Hatch Multiplier 45
Mating Interval 0.01
Food Consumption 0.25

thank you very much

@HalfSlabBacon Dude thanks a lot! I am looking to start breeding and without any serious science put into the numbers wasn't too far off but couldn't quite figure out how to get 100% imprint. It's nice to be able to enjoy the game as everyone else but within the limited time available. I wish there was a setting similar to single player settings but adding more to it like "single player, parent with young kids, full time job, still trying to develop other skills in life, pregnant wife no free time but still wakes up hella early to play while it's quiet and sun hasn't even risen holy crap I'm out of coffee". You know something like that.

11 hours ago, KnightRider89 said:

thank you very much

No Problem!

10 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

Interesting I may have to tweak my settings ever so slightly given the above.

I can get 100% imprint on most things (but not all) using the settings below, which are accelerated quite heavily for my breeding servers.

breedingsettings.thumb.jpg.9c48336ea573294dbb77e979a3f46962.jpg

Getting the 100% on every dino at most speeds is actually impossible... That's why I ended up with these specific settings.

5 hours ago, SirPeter said:

@HalfSlabBacon Dude thanks a lot! I am looking to start breeding and without any serious science put into the numbers wasn't too far off but couldn't quite figure out how to get 100% imprint. It's nice to be able to enjoy the game as everyone else but within the limited time available. I wish there was a setting similar to single player settings but adding more to it like "single player, parent with young kids, full time job, still trying to develop other skills in life, pregnant wife no free time but still wakes up hella early to play while it's quiet and sun hasn't even risen holy crap I'm out of coffee". You know something like that.

If you want more setting PM me... I run private servers for a bunch of "kids & Dads" so I've got it all sorted out.  

1 hour ago, SirPeter said:

@HalfSlabBacon Hey just curious with this latest update there seems to be some changes to breeding/imprinting/etc? If you could, can you please confirm if they are still valid or need to be adjusted. Thanks a lot!

I haven't had enough time to test thoroughly yet, but based on what I've seen so far:

needs to change to

BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier 0.010 or 0.008

It'll be the largest and smallest Dino's such as Giga and dodo that need the adjustment. Most others will still work as the lack of an RNG based imprint time now only adjusts the imprint bonus by 0.2% overall.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2017 at 1:44 AM, HalfSlabBacon said:

Hatch Multiplier 45
Mating Interval 0.01
Food Consumption 0.25

Just how important is it to be spot on with these numbers? i have been playing singleplayer, and have opted to use the singleplayer settings which have an effect on some of these values, which make it so i can't (as far as i know) get the values exactly to what you have listed, instead of getting a mature speed of 45 its like 44.998 (or near that) and my cuddle interval is somewhere between .009 and .010.

now at first i thought maybe i would be fine and could get away with the small discrepancies in the numbers but already after breeding my anky's to test and using a calc to know what everything should be my mating interval is twice as long as it should be for the anky where at .01 it should be 15 minutes where as mine is 28 minutes nearly double what is should be, and since i got that wrong im worried that i got other stuff wonky as well

is this just a goof on my end, or a consequence of using the singleplayer settings? if its the latter i wish i could find more information on it since it seems like there is very little explanation on all that it changes, cause if i could tweek the settings in a way that gave the same tamed dino buffs and boss dino nerfs that the single player settings supposably do i would just disable the setting and have my server settings able to be precise in how i want them... 

2 hours ago, Brazenwolf said:

Just how important is it to be spot on with these numbers? i have been playing singleplayer, and have opted to use the singleplayer settings which have an effect on some of these values, which make it so i can't (as far as i know) get the values exactly to what you have listed, instead of getting a mature speed of 45 its like 44.998 (or near that) and my cuddle interval is somewhere between .009 and .010.

now at first i thought maybe i would be fine and could get away with the small discrepancies in the numbers but already after breeding my anky's to test and using a calc to know what everything should be my mating interval is twice as long as it should be for the anky where at .01 it should be 15 minutes where as mine is 28 minutes nearly double what is should be, and since i got that wrong im worried that i got other stuff wonky as well

is this just a goof on my end, or a consequence of using the singleplayer settings? if its the latter i wish i could find more information on it since it seems like there is very little explanation on all that it changes, cause if i could tweek the settings in a way that gave the same tamed dino buffs and boss dino nerfs that the single player settings supposably do i would just disable the setting and have my server settings able to be precise in how i want them... 

You have to be exact with every single number.

Except for this one: BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier 5 

That I should have changed to 1 or left out since I copied from my Modded & Boosted YouTube Server.

It determines how many points go into each mutation... Vanilla is a value of 1.

Open the ini file and change the numbers there... Then switch the file to read only so Ark doesn't overwrite it when it opens. That should fix it in single player.

14 minutes ago, HalfSlabBacon said:

You have to be exact with every single number.

Except for this one: BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier 5 

That I should have changed to 1 or left out since I copied from my Modded & Boosted YouTube Server.

It determines how many points go into each mutation... Vanilla is a value of 1.

Open the ini file and change the numbers there... Then switch the file to read only so Ark doesn't overwrite it when it opens. That should fix it in single player.

does changing the ini file numbers and making it read only stop the single player settings option from multiplying the value? if so wont that break everything else the setting does (to clearify im talking about the option under the settings tab to use "singleplayer settings" that makes a bunch of adjustments to taming speed etc) that make the game more bearible to play solo, however i still feel the breeding is too slow and wanted to adjust that but it seems having that option checked just multiplies the base value by a specific amount eg it multiplies taming by 2.5x so my taming speed of 5 is actually 12.5 (this stuff i could just set on my own but since i can't find a list of ALL of the changes the setting does to make the bosses soloable etc i can;t fully emulate it) so if i put mature speed to 45 if i am right about everything else it would actually be 45x 36.79 which would be a problem so i tried making it so it multiplied a number to equal 45 but with only 3 decimals to work with the closest i can get is 44.998, and its the same with the other values, all just slightly off

so am i just out of luck unless i disable the singleplayer options then?

1 minute ago, Brazenwolf said:

does changing the ini file numbers and making it read only stop the single player settings option from multiplying the value? if so wont that break everything else the setting does (to clearify im talking about the option under the settings tab to use "singleplayer settings" that makes a bunch of adjustments to taming speed etc) that make the game more bearible to play solo, however i still feel the breeding is too slow and wanted to adjust that but it seems having that option checked just multiplies the base value by a specific amount eg it multiplies taming by 2.5x so my taming speed of 5 is actually 12.5 (this stuff i could just set on my own but since i can't find a list of ALL of the changes the setting does to make the bosses soloable etc i can;t fully emulate it) so if i put mature speed to 45 if i am right about everything else it would actually be 45x 36.79 which would be a problem so i tried making it so it multiplied a number to equal 45 but with only 3 decimals to work with the closest i can get is 44.998, and its the same with the other values, all just slightly off

so am i just out of luck unless i disable the singleplayer options then?

Sorry I didn't read that correctly earlier (I'm at the office). I thought you had said the game was rounding my settings.

I'd recommend turning Single Player Settings off. Just boost your settings manually so you have actual control.

If you're playing vanilla style max 150, set this value BabyImprintingStatScaleMultiplier 3 

You'll be able to solo the bosses NP with those bred dinos.

Another option is to install this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=543394681&searchtext= 

It has a baby feeding trough that can toggle breeding, mating, healing, and growth to instant, plus force mutations, gender and more.

I use it on my YouTube server all the time if you want to see videos of it in action.

alright i will probably do that, do you know if there is a list somewhere that has all the changes that the settings change? i can only find one and it does not seem to have all of the effects documented based on other stuff i have read. 

anyway i probably wont be back to this thread for a few hours so thank you for all of you help

great, i was hoping that i was just being bad at finding the information.... well you mentioned you run servers for people  who don't have a ton of time to play, any recommendations on what all to set stuff to for a singleplayer experience that is not hyper easy but also allows me to do stuff in a reasonable amount of time, as well as take on bosses and alphas.

also on the topic of breaking stuff... my current singleplayer server wont have any lasting effects from disabling that setting and adjusting everything to where it will work for what im looking for will it? what will happen to the engram points i have since the singleplayer setting makes you get a ton of them when leveling? do i still have to go into the ini and manually edit each levels engram rewards? what about my dinos? my theri has a ton of hp and melee % dmg cause of the setting, will he weaken into a normal theri or stay super? what if i want to keep my tamed dinos being a bit stronger than vanilla? and lastly is there a way to speed up things that have to ferment like beer and jerky, and anything else that is similar?

anyway im very sorry for the barrage of questions, i have never been good at configuring stuff with as much depth as what arks servers let you change, and i feel lost when reading the wiki and trying to understand what all the settings actually do, im going to take what time i can manage to get in between all the hectic holiday prep to try to read the wiki again to see what setting i might need to change, but again anything you can recommend would be greatly appreciated.

again thank you very much for the help, and have a Happy Holiday! :dod-xmas:

9 minutes ago, Brazenwolf said:

great, i was hoping that i was just being bad at finding the information.... well you mentioned you run servers for people  who don't have a ton of time to play, any recommendations on what all to set stuff to for a singleplayer experience that is not hyper easy but also allows me to do stuff in a reasonable amount of time, as well as take on bosses and alphas.

also on the topic of breaking stuff... my current singleplayer server wont have any lasting effects from disabling that setting and adjusting everything to where it will work for what im looking for will it? what will happen to the engram points i have since the singleplayer setting makes you get a ton of them when leveling? do i still have to go into the ini and manually edit each levels engram rewards? what about my dinos? my theri has a ton of hp and melee % dmg cause of the setting, will he weaken into a normal theri or stay super? what if i want to keep my tamed dinos being a bit stronger than vanilla? and lastly is there a way to speed up things that have to ferment like beer and jerky, and anything else that is similar?

anyway im very sorry for the barrage of questions, i have never been good at configuring stuff with as much depth as what arks servers let you change, and i feel lost when reading the wiki and trying to understand what all the settings actually do, im going to take what time i can manage to get in between all the hectic holiday prep to try to read the wiki again to see what setting i might need to change, but again anything you can recommend would be greatly appreciated.

again thank you very much for the help, and have a Happy Holiday! :dod-xmas:

No need to apologize, I wish I had the help when I started, but back then no one knew anything about server settings yet so we were all just figuring it out.

You don't really need to change that much. The only settings that will effect your player or dinos is if you start adjusting difficulty, levels or multipliers for either. Even then the game just adjusts everything to scale accordingly. In short your dino & player xp along with engrams will be just fine.

I'd recommend turning single player settings off then adjust the following:

Harvest Amount: 10x

Harvest Health: 10x

Dino Weight Multiplier: 3 to 5 x

Player Weight Multiplier: 3 to 5 x

And use my breeding settings.

None of this will make the difficulty any different, it'll just make it so you can spend less time grinding materials and more time doing whatever you enjoy in the game.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:44 AM, HalfSlabBacon said:

Hatch Multiplier 45
Mating Interval 0.01
Food Consumption 0.25

Would this work on xbox bc I was messing with my settings a long time ago and got a 0.1 imprint bc 4% with 3 to 4 hour wait was killer took 2 weeks in single player to raise a wyvern didn't feel worth it after it was done never would do it again

5 hours ago, Dragonicseeker said:

Would this work on xbox bc I was messing with my settings a long time ago and got a 0.1 imprint bc 4% with 3 to 4 hour wait was killer took 2 weeks in single player to raise a wyvern didn't feel worth it after it was done never would do it again

Baby mature speed will sort that out. the imprint gain changes based on how often you can imprint and how fast the baby is growing so if u want to imprint more often change the cuddle interval but note that the game tries to give you an amount that will be the closest to 100 as possible so there is a chance it might end up being less. Depends on your settings

11 hours ago, Dragonicseeker said:

Yes the settings are the same for console.

They work amazingly just bred up some ravagers for first time got surprised by the kibble they wanted glowtail, featherlight, and rock drake thank goodness I figured out how spawn most of it in without looking it up. The rock drake blew my mind through the roof never saw it coming GG WC. Thanks for breeding stats @HalfSlabBacon you're a lifesaver.

• 3 months later...

Archived