Aberration Boss is a giant Mantis

onedudesmind

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, onedudesmind said:

I think it's two different things or an amalgamation, In the picture here (sorry last one didn't post right), That really looks the face and hands of a mantis.

I think it's all one thing, but maybe it can change form similar to the end boss at the Tek cave?

35 minutes ago, Aribohs said:

Mutated broodmother? A dev tweeted it was 'a familiar face'

Probably one of the survivors from the notes you can gather,  gone mad and ascended/spliced their DNA to create an.... aberration... 

Ark is pretty easy to figure out story wise,  just look at the names and labels on everything,  it's all pretty straightforward..

So, you can translate the text. Doing so (someone else did this, I don't remember who), you get:

"I am not a god. I am more than that. Infinitely more. I am everything. This world, this ARK, it is my body.
I can feel every bit of it, every footstep of man or beast that falls upon my skin and every root that digs into my flesh. They are all mine. Everything in this world happens only by my will.
The ones who put me here have long since fled, but though I hate them, I accept their escape. It is their reward, for they placed me upon this throne.
Yet should anyone else challenge me, they shall receive no mercy. My wrath will be swift and terrible and my enemies will know only pain. I am everything."

That seems like a human, especially since no other boss has a dossier like that. Popular theory is that it's Rockwell, because he seemed to be kind of losing his mind in the Scorched Earth survivor notes. Devs also have said it's a "familiar face," so it stands to reason that it could be a survivor from the notes.

You can clearly see that the "arms" are the pillars that hold the broken ARK. It's likely the face of the last boss. The tentacles are either a creature or another boss.

1 hour ago, GP said:

Where does it say it's a mutated island ark?

Well, from the overseers chamber you can see SE arks and Island arks.

This one has spinos, stegos, electrophorus and various island-unique dinos, so far no SE specific dinos have been listed. I can be wrong but so far this seems way more likely.

Archived