Icthyornis needs to be nerfed!!!!!

MrPuffinStuff

Alright any of you Dev's out there, explain to me how a Icthyornis can go through a thatch building, steal all the narcotic and reduce taming effectiveness with out even coming inside????? Why is it prudent to have such a destructive aspect added 2 years after the game's been in development? You already had Pegos that steal. Which begs the question which dev thought that you needed another that also steals and screws up taming. You already concocted the Pego to steal so what compelled you to make another that can even go through a complete thatch building  to pretty much ruin your tame??? Why do you feel that the lag issues are due to  turrets? When in fact it's probably more in tune with how many dino's you are adding that are just repeating what another already does. Why does it not say in the dossier that the Hesperornis can damage and steal from the dino you are taming through a thatch building? You wonder why people who just bought Ark are quitting so early in the experience and switching to games that don't keep adding crap just to annoy their customers. Taming is hard enough, taming a lvl 150 in a color rarely seen is rare enough only to have some little fish eating bird come onto land and go through the ceiling of a building to, well flat out ruin the experience. I was warned you guys are half a$$ing the game, and was warned that you guys just release new content without any REAL development. Try and release unnecessary content that's broke or takes away from the experience at Dice; Rockstar; or Activision just to name a few, and you'd find yourselves out of a job and your game shelved. But nope not Wildcard. The more F'd up the better seems to be the motto there. QUIT adding stuff that replicates what other existing content already does just because you can. Now I'm sure there will be plenty of "fanboy's and girl's" are gonna say "it's great that the dev's give us new content, that screws up the game". Well the Dev's also threw in server hopping which led to mega alliance's and server wars that wiped out entire servers whether part of the war or not. I know this because I was in a tribe allied to French Touch and we only joined after, well, after the tribe we joined pretty much devastated our entire server. Well, here's some news for you . The alliances are still in tact, duping is still going on (yes, on the new servers), and give it another few months, perhaps a year and you too will know what it's like to have a Mega come in and demand felty or gain destruction, all brought to you by the genius's at Studio Wildcard, who just cant get out of the development mindset and just bring on more and more Bull ShiP. How anyone can believe they are going to retain players with such shoddy content release's is beyond me, but, I would suggest you get rid of that person who allows such tripe. Ever hear of the K.I.S.S. Principle? I feel better, now, Goodbye Ark, and Hello PUBG! P.S. Even "7 Days...", which is still in development, has better and more consistent game play than Ark as a release. Go figure

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, MrPuffinStuff said:

Alright any of you Dev's out there, explain to me how a hesperornis can go through a thatch building, steal all the narcotic and reduce taming effectiveness with out even coming inside????? Why is it prudent to have such a destructive aspect added 2 years after the game's been in development? You already had penguins for Org. Poly.. Which begs the question which dev thought that you needed another Org. Poly. producer that also steals and screws up taming. You already concocted the Pego to steal so what compelled you to make another that can even go through a complete thatch building  to pretty much ruin your tame??? Why do you feel that the lag issues are due to  turrets? When in fact it's probably more in tune with how many dino's you are adding that are just repeating what another already does. Why does it not say in the dossier that the Hesperornis can damage and steal from the dino you are taming through a thatch building? You wonder why people who just bought Ark are quitting so early in the experience and switching to games that don't keep adding crap just to annoy their customers. Taming is hard enough, taming a lvl 150 in a color rarely seen is rare enough only to have some little fish eating bird come onto land and go through the ceiling of a building to, well flat out ruin the experience. I was warned you guys are half a$$ing the game, and was warned that you guys just release new content without any REAL development. Try and release unnecessary content that's broke or takes away from the experience at Dice; Rockstar; or Activision just to name a few, and you'd find yourselves out of a job and your game shelved. But nope not Wildcard. The more F'd up the better seems to be the motto there. QUIT adding stuff that replicates what other existing content already does just because you can. Now I'm sure there will be plenty of "fanboy's and girl's" are gonna say "it's great that the dev's give us new content, that screws up the game". Well they also through in server hopping which led to mega alliance's and server wars that wiped out entire servers whether part of the war or not. I know this because I was in a tribe allied to French Touch and we only joined after, well, after the tribe we joined pretty much devastated our entire server. Well, here's some news for you . The alliances are still in tact, duping is still going on (yes, on the new servers), and give it another few months and  to a year and you too will know what it's like to have a Mega come in and demand felty or gain destruction, all brought to you by the genius's at Studio Wildcard, who just cant get out of the development mindset and just bring on more and more Bull ShiP. How anyone can believe they are going to retain players with such shoddy content release's is beyond me, but, I would suggest you get rid of that person who allows such tripe. Ever here of the K.I.S.S. Principle? I feel better, now, Goodbye Ark, and Hello PUBG! P.S. Even "7 Days...", which is still in development, has better and more consistent gameplay than Ark as a release. Go figure

You mean the Ichthyornis? Also, why are you building in thatch to protect a high level dino you’re taming? It seems that the Ark gods punished you for your own doing. I mean thatch seriously?

Ichthyornis steal things and fly but don't give organic polymer. Hesperornis don't fly and give polymer... But I think you meant the first one. In my opinion these stupid birds are at #1 for the most annoying creatures and shouldn't be aggressive until you hit them. I'd rather have an island full of Pegos than a small beach  with a few of these fu*k*rs!

19 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

You mean the Ichthyornis? Also, why are you building in thatch to protect a high level dino you’re taming? It seems that the Ark gods punished you for your own doing. I mean thatch seriously?

DJ  you are correct on the dino name but as to building in thatch, I'm not building a base but a temporary structure to shelter while taming. Not trying to keep out a Carno or a raptor that's what the spike walls are for. Now, not only was a building built over the dino but I had a spike wall parameter around as well. I originally went with just the standard Spike wall at first and the Ichy's damaged the tame so I let it wake. I suppose I could have built all this in Tek, but that's not the point. That little bird should not be able to go through thatch to a tame without even breaking  through the ceiling or should it in your opinion. If so, Wildcard may be able to use your shortsightedness on their staff. The name of the game is to retain players not lose them. Do you not know any players who have quit due to constant inconsistancy  of new content?  Everyone I play with kno'w's of or is that person that just said "It's Broke, and I'm done".

24 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Icthyornis steals not Hesperonis. Same area, two different birds. dossier for ichtyornis does warn of their penchant to steal. 

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Ichthyornis

It does not warn though that it can steal and damage through structures. It's not a raptor or a carno, whch would easily demolish the thatch structure but that's why spike walls went around first. The tame, was laying on the ground surrounded by foundations with walls all around and ceiling covering the entire tame. Not one structure was destroyed yet there went the narcs and there went the effectiveness all by just hittin the ceiling. And so you know it was a Pterranodon and they lay flat to the ground.

31 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

Ichthyornis steal things and fly but don't give organic polymer. Hesperornis don't fly and give polymer... But I think you meant the first one. In my opinion these stupid birds are at #1 for the most annoying creatures and shouldn't be aggressive until you hit them. I'd rather have an island full of Pegos than a small beach  with a few of these fu*k*rs!

LOL I have felt your pain.

17 minutes ago, MrPuffinStuff said:

It does not warn though that it can steal and damage through structures. It's not a raptor or a carno, whch would easily demolish the thatch structure but that's why spike walls went around first. The tame, was laying on the ground surrounded by foundations with walls all around and ceiling covering the entire tame. Not one structure was destroyed yet there went the narcs and there went the effectiveness all by just hittin the ceiling. And so you know it was a Pterranodon and they lay flat to the ground.

Here's the thing and it is a lesson I had to learn too. Stay away from your tame except in the instance of having to add narcotics or kibble. The ichty doesn't attack a ptera. It attacks you and the ptera is collateral damage. I downed a 150 Rex, it was in another guys base area (unprotected just a building of his), he approached it to look at it since I couldn't protect it with walls, argy attacked him thus hitting the Rex, 89% TE. High stam 2054, could have been higher. The next time i dropped a 150 in his area, I sat on my bear across the way watching it. I only approached to spam narcotics and when I finally placed the kibble. I got attacked on my bear but since I was far enough away I could clear the area without risking my tame or it's effectiveness. 

To your thatch point go back to that page and look on the right side. It does indeed say it can damage thatch. Sharp beak with a dive bomb attack, will cut right through that stuff. Even if the ceiling wasn't completely destroyed you probably know that Ark has several bugs by now and how well they do at fixing those bugs so you just have to approach it with that in mind. 

Guest DJRone89
44 minutes ago, MrPuffinStuff said:

DJ  you are correct on the dino name but as to building in thatch, I'm not building a base but a temporary structure to shelter while taming. Not trying to keep out a Carno or a raptor that's what the spike walls are for. Now, not only was a building built over the dino but I had a spike wall parameter around as well. I originally went with just the standard Spike wall at first and the Ichy's damaged the tame so I let it wake. I suppose I could have built all this in Tek, but that's not the point. That little bird should not be able to go through thatch to a tame without even breaking  through the ceiling or should it in your opinion. If so, Wildcard may be able to use your shortsightedness on their staff. The name of the game is to retain players not lose them. Do you not know any players who have quit due to constant inconsistancy  of new content?  Everyone I play with kno'w's of or is that person that just said "It's Broke, and I'm done".

But wood is so easy to come by, hell even stone. It doesn’t take long to craft either. I would assume you had a 3x3 with the tame in the middle? If you had time to craft spike walls, surely you could have upgraded your crapshack? Thatch is just aweful and only good for scaffolding (or multi flooring rafts).

FYI spike walls have little effect on wild dinos and are mainly a PvP mechanic.

if none bothers to actually read his complaint

he had spike walls to prevent dinos from getting in
he had his tame build in (nothing should be able to see the tame, so also not aggro on it

you can sit in a 1*1*1 metal box, and a wild giga will NOT attack you because e CAN not see you
wild dinos ONLY aggro on dinos/player not on structures
place a random pillar wherever you want, no dino will attack it, dinos do not attack structures

when you stand in front of the pillar, the dino will damage you+pillar, and will kill the pillar after you are dead (as the dino is still in combat and sees your structures+tames as "player"

again, did you read the part where he was boxed in, and nothing should be able to see him?

so, by all means explain how a wild seagull can see through structures, and attack THROUGH structures?

did the seagull perhapsi stole a night vision mask, with infra-red setting? or heat vision?

there is no explanation that can justify this, just another "broken" ark aspect

Guest DJRone89
2 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

if none bothers to actually read his complaint

he had spike walls to prevent dinos from getting in
he had his tame build in (nothing should be able to see the tame, so also not aggro on it

you can sit in a 1*1*1 metal box, and a wild giga will NOT attack you because e CAN not see you

so, by all means explain how a wild seagull can see through structures, and attack THROUGH structures?

did the seagull perhapsi stole a night vision mask, with infra-red setting? or heat vision?

there is no explanation that can justify this, just another "broken" ark aspect

Pretty simple actually, the seagull has a theif mechanic that will take from your inventory, and in this instance, a dino you are taming. Just because you boxed the tame in, it was still not on a foundation so technically it wasn’t enclosed. If you are not fully enclosed, dinos can attack you through walls and celings.

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

Pretty simple actually, the seagull has a theif mechanic that will take from your inventory, and in this instance, a dino you are taming. Just because you boxed the tame in, it was still not on a foundation so technically it wasn’t enclosed. If you are not fully enclosed, dinos can attack you through walls and celings.

lets say this is correct, then even if he used metal/tek the same result would happen as you stated that his tame was still in the open (no foundation)
DESPITE

the dino not being open (build in)

yet you felt the need to say it's is own fault, while now saying the mechanic is "broken" just like so many other snap points and hitboxes 

2 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

yet you felt the need to say it's is own fault, while now saying the mechanic is "broken" just like so many other snap points and hitboxes 

While all this is true, it was choice of material. Ichty's can damage thatch, they can't damage wood. A small upgrade would have prevented all of this. 

1 minute ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

While all this is true, it was choice of material. Ichty's can damage thatch, they can't damage wood. A small upgrade would have prevented all of this. 

and this is 100% correct

only thing:

clearly stated in OP that the seagull attacked THROUGH the building structures, it did not destroy them
and as the guy above me said 

8 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

it's just another broken hitbox, material use is of no importance

1 minute ago, Woodsman said:

seriously? so there nothing that can be done about seagulls thats steal? From how i see it, its just another problem for the player to solve. if ur taming on the beach where they spawn and know they can be a problem, what about building a secure taming pen. oh but its so much work......

did you actually bother to read?
"secure taming pen" <= is the issue

the seagull attacked a dino that was INSIDE a house, while the seagull was OUTSIDE

there is no explanation for this, just that it's broken

1 minute ago, raptorjesus666 said:

did you actually bother to read?
"secure taming pen" <= is the issue

the seagull attacked a dino that was INSIDE a house, while the seagull was OUTSIDE

there is no explanation for this, just that it's broken

a solution is having a turret inside ur pen/base.. this would solve the problem...yes i know they can get inside ur building if its on the beach sure.... but then i tame those i find that have gotten in door. bunch of other soultions to use/try instead of just asking for a nerf.. cmom ...seriously?

Just now, Woodsman said:

a solution is having a turret inside ur pen/base.. this would solve the problem...yes i know they can get inside ur building if its on the beach sure.... but then i tame those i find that have gotten in door. bunch of other soultions to use/try instead of just asking for a nerf.. cmom ...seriously?

the seagull never got INSIDE
why do you keep saing that?

the seagull attacked from the ouside THROUGH a wall which should not be possible
if you can not see a target (obstruction/construction) then you should not be able to attack

the seagull does attack THROUGH buildings leading to this problem
you can try to defend this all you want, and blame it on the players

you can build in metal and tek, the seagull will still be able to damage you THROUGH metal walls, as the thieving mechanic is broken

4 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

the seagull never got INSIDE
why do you keep saing that?

the seagull attacked from the ouside THROUGH a wall which should not be possible
if you can not see a target (obstruction/construction) then you should not be able to attack

the seagull does attack THROUGH buildings leading to this problem
you can try to defend this all you want, and blame it on the players

you can build in metal and tek, the seagull will still be able to damage you THROUGH metal walls, as the thieving mechanic is broken

ah really, well i guess theres nothing that can be done then. the only thing to do now is to quit ark now

from what OP wrote this is what his taming pen looked like

xxx
x0x
xxx

a 3*3 building, with no foundation in the middle:
0= dino tame
 x are walls and ceilings, above 0 is also a ceiling

so it SHOULD NOT be possible for any wild dino to see and even attack the dino/player because there is 2 foundations space inbetween wild dino and tamed dino
OP also had spike walls surrounding his tame box to keep land dinos away, as can be read in his posts.

Just now, Woodsman said:

ah really, well i guess theres nothing that can be done then. the only thing to do now is to quit ark now

the turret as you suggested could work, but then you have to carry a generator, cables, gasoline, bulletes and everything just to have a safe tame
isn't that taking it to the extreme?

22 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

So you are saying he should have a generator, fuel, electric cable, connector box, turret, ammo, stone walls and ceilings and spikes with him if he is going out taming.!

Really hope an ichy doesn't find you on your way there and steal your turrets ext.

Im not to bothered with the pego, because you can get your stuff back after murdering him. but the ichty destroys everything it steals.

Archived