Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ??????? & Community Crunch 111!

Jen

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

The Community Crunch is where we share important things going on with ARK, as well as host contests and showcase creations made by the community!

Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????

large.Aberration_Note.jpg

What an intriguing discovery survivors, what could this be?

Aberration Countdown Is On!

large.Aber8.jpg.deb2a045a6beea2a14b2d885

The wait is almost over! Aberration will have a simultaneous release across all three platforms at 8 AM Pacific Time on the 12th.

In “ARK: Aberration” Survivors will find themselves waking up on a derelict, malfunctioning ARK with an elaborate underground biome system, where they will face exotic new challenges unlike anything before: extreme radioactive sunlight and environmental hazards, ziplines, wingsuits, climbing gear, cave dwellings, charge-batteries, and far more, along with a stable of extraordinary new creatures await within the mysterious depths. But beware the ‘Nameless’: unrelenting, Element-infused humanoids which have evolved into vicious light-hating monstrosities! You’ll uncover the ultimate secrets of the ARKs, and discover what the future holds in store for those strong and clever enough to survive!

To help ease the pain of waiting over the next few days, feast your ears on Aberration's theme song, created by Gareth Coker.

Xbox Play Anywhere Update

This is not the news we had hoped to be giving our Survivors this update, but unfortunately, our Windows 10/Play Anywhere Update will not be releasing on the 12th. This is a major disappoint to us and to many of you reading as well. We do however have a new targetted release date of December 19th, which will be the first Xbox patch after the Aberration DLC on the 12th which should include Windows 10/Play Anywhere support. We apologise yet again for the delay and will do everything within our power to get this update out to you all as soon as we are able to.

New Skins from Extra Life!

large.2.jpg.e19308735c1d7557e0bb7e1fd9b3

One of our rewards for collecting donations during our Extra Life charity stream was to get a skin of your choice put into the game. Because our fundraising event was such an overwhelming success we decided to award the top four donators instead of just the top one. On December 12th, four new hat skins will be added to the game.

These skins were chosen by the top fund raisers: x3Belle, PepperJC, windxiv, and Dakhar, and the skins are the: Cute Dino Helmet Mask, Chili Mask, Otter Mask, and Scary Skull Mask respectively. These can be earned by defeating the boss on Aberration. Thank you once again to x3Belle, PepperJC, windxiv, & Dakhar, and to everyone who participated in our Extra Life event!

Sponsored Mod Program Update!

It’s another exciting month in the Sponsored Mod Program!  The mod entering the program this month is not one that we think many people are aware of. The modder, B.Cheers, has been around the modding community for quite some time.  Some of you might remember some of his older work like Ark Futurism or Storage+.  Without further ado, let’s get into it.

large.1207157150_preview_AF_Page_S_4.jpg

large.1207157150_preview_AF_Page_S_1.jpg

This month we will be sponsoring ARK Futurism Final Existence.  What’s really cool about this mod is that these are all custom assets made by B.Cheers.  There’s no doubt a ton of work went into making all the content that’s in this mod.  At the moment, there’s a mostly complete structure set that uses a half wall design.  This offers more flexibility to all the ARK builders.  More importantly, there are mechs that can equip armor and weapons!  With the addition of Tek Tier, I knew someone would take it to the next level.  

large.1207157150_preview_AF_Page_S_7.jpg

B.Cheers has a development tracker if you’d like to keep up to date with what he’s working on and things that are to come.  We believe this mod has a really promising future and might serve as a supplement to your Tek Tier existence.  Don’t take our word for it, be sure to check it out for yourself!

Xbox Game Awards Sale!

large.gameawardspromo.jpg

ARK: Survival Evolved is 35% off in the Xbox Store in celebration of the Game Awards! Sale ends December 10th. Pick up your copy today!

ARK: Evolution Event++ Weekend!

large_evo.jpg.c149355b6876e90a92100abdb5

Survivors across ALL Platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It's already live now and will remain active until Monday the 11th at 12 PM EST. All Official Servers will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rate
2x Taming Rate
2x EXP Rate
2x Maturing
2x Hatching
2x Gestation
2x Faster Mating Interval Rates

Also, we won't be running an Evolution Event next weekend as we'll be taking a look at Aberration numbers and judging initial balance/feedback. Get in and take advantage of the rates whilst you can! :)

Community Contests!

NVidia Ansel Photography Contest

large.Ansel.jpg.683f020687f3fe873c17912d

Super Resolution Version: http://images.nvidia.com/ansel/SuperResolution/ARK-SuperResolution1/ARK__Survival_Evolved_HighRes_2016_09_01_-_14_38_36_55.html

ARK: Survival Evolved and the Scorched Earth Expansion Pack now include support for NVIDIA Ansel -- a revolutionary new way to capture in-game shots.  Compose shots from any position, adjust with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high-fidelity formats, and share the screenshots in 360 via a smartphone, PC or VR headset. 

Learn more about these features from the NVIDIA blog.

Now let’s get to the contest!

There were 3 potential categories for survivors to enter their shots into and they were the following:

Three Categories

Super Resolution: These should be taken at 8x Super Resolution. Players can optionally use Depth of Field effects accessible in Spectator mode by pressing the [Delete] key.

Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D: These should be taken at 4x Super Resolution,  in 360 Stereoscopic 3D mode. We will crop them to 2D for web display, while also providing the 3D version for viewing within VR display.

Freeform: Any settings, whacky and creative use of Ansel filters are encouraged. Adding humorous titles/captions in Photoshop is also acceptable for this category!

And now without further ado, here are your entries!

Super Resolution!

Winner!

Vakarian - Dominate the ARK network

large.5a2b22ea38e78_Vakarian-DominatetheARKnetwork-SuperResolution.jpg

Runners-up!

Vakarian - Cold Raptor to Go

large.5a2b22e71565b_Vakarian-ColdRaptortoGo-SuperResolution.jpg

Honourable Mentions!

roguewolf91 - Brace for Impact

large.5a2a82980aae9_roguewolf91-BraceforImpact-SuperResolution.jpg

Joe Lally - Prowl

large.5a2a829211ede_JoeLally-Prowl.jpg

Joe Lally - Attack

large.5a2a828e31fce_JoeLally-Attack.jpg

Joe Lally - Ambush

large.5a2a828a7687e_JoeLally-Ambush.jpg

Wolf Angelus - Tundra Behemoth

large.5a2b230d1c572_WolfAngelus-TundraBehemoth-8x.jpg

Wolf Angelus - Santa's Pre-flight Reconnaissance

large.5a2b230968bb0_WolfAngelus-SantasPre-flightReconnaissance-8x.jpg

Wolf Angelus - Icy North

large.5a2b230553234_WolfAngelus-IcyNorth-8x.jpg

Wolf Angelus - Holiday Housing

large.5a2b230183585_WolfAngelus-HolidayHousing-8x.jpg

Vakarian - Sunset on Center

large.5a2b22fce4e5b_Vakarian-SunsetonCenter-SuperResolution.jpg

Vakarian - Phoenix under the Obelsik

large.5a2b22f9c7fac_Vakarian-PhoenixundertheObelsik-SuperResolution.jpg

Vakarian - Phoenix on thunderstorm night

large.5a2b22f6796d8_Vakarian-Phoenixonthunderstormnight-SuperResolution.jpg

Vakarian - Hot breakfast

large.5a2b22f2729af_Vakarian-Hotbreakfast-SuperResolution.jpg

Vakarian - He just wants to play

large.5a2b22ee861eb_Vakarian-Hejustwantstoplay-SuperResolution.jpg

Vakarian - Center in the rain

large.5a2b22e3898f3_Vakarian-Centerintherain-SuperResolution.jpg

Santa in Trouble - Valoule

large.5a2b74652f7ff_ShooterGameSuper-Resolution2017_12_09-00_52_14_09.jpg

Panoramic 360 Stereoscopic 3D!

Winner!

roguewolf91 - Spawning Grounds of the Brood

large.5a2a829bd7f48_roguewolf91-SpawningGroundsoftheBrood-Panoramic360Stereoscopic3D.jpg

Runners-up!

Vakarian - Welcome to TheCenter

large.5a2b2324a4fe8_Vakarian-WelcometoTheCenter-Panoramic360Steroscopic3D.jpg

Honourable Mentions!

Wolf Angelus - Holiday Center

large.5a2b232c50424_WolfAngelus-HolidayCenter-360.jpg

Vakarian - Travelling to another ARK

large.5a2b232134b90_Vakarian-TravellingtoanotherARK-Panoramic360Steroscopic3D.jpg

Wolf Angelus - Holiday Center Night

large.5a2b232f4ab54_WolfAngelus-HolidayCenterNight-360.jpg

Wolf Angelus - Antarctica

large.5a2b2327e1568_WolfAngelus-Antarctica-360.jpg

Vakarian - Looking for breakfast

large.5a2b231e547e9_Vakarian-Lookingforbreakfast-Panoramic360Steroscopic3D.jpg

Vakarian - Kill the Bat

large.5a2b2319acf78_Vakarian-KilltheBat-Panoramic360Steroscopic3D.jpg

Vakarian - Ice in the jungle

large.5a2b2314e2450_Vakarian-Iceinthejungle-Panoramic360Steroscopic3D.jpg

Vakarian - Flying in thunderstorm

large.5a2b2310dba83_Vakarian-Flyinginthunderstorm-Panoramic360Steroscopic3D.jpg

Freeform!

Winner!

Wolf Angelus - Spot the Difference Holiday Edition

large.5a2b2333cbc5d_WolfAngelus-SpottheDifferenceHolidayEdition-Freeform.jpg

Runner up!

Meet the Engineer - Valoule

large.5a2b74690ac0c_Meettheenginer-Freeform.jpg

ARKVideo!

This contest is open to all types of video be they funny, epic, scenic, stories, whatever inspires you. Just a general reminder that they should remain safe for work, think of the children!

And without further ado, the ARKVideo for Community Crunch 111 is...

ARK: Survival Evolved | Eco In Wonderland Mod | The Cinematic Experience by Jukari!

and we'd also like to announce a runner up...

How to Decorate Your ARK Builds for Christmas Using Mods :: ARK Christmas Building Tutorial by SWChris!

ARKitect!

This is an award given to Survivors to celebrate the amazing structures you build. These bases are judged based upon a number of different factors such as their creativity, uniqueness, how fun of a base it is, the difficulty of building it, the functionality it provides and much more!

The ARKitect for Community Crunch 111 is…

Submarine Underwater Base, PvE (ARK) by Sitharias!

and we'd also like to announce a runner up...

Holiday 2017 Edition 3D Board Game (Also functions as Village) by Wolf Angelus!

If you'd like to check out the submissions from the rest of the entrants, you can do so here:

Fan Feature!

Terraced Pool Showcase: Ragnarok Island Ruins + Eco's Garden Decor Mod

How I Built the Ragnarok Desert Mansion :: Get an Inside Look Into My Creative Process

Ark survival evolved - Welcoming by GeeKy gAMer no.1 & gOOly Owl

SantARK Sleigh by Valoule
W7eOreE.jpg

"Abberation Basilisk Warrior" by FollyVentures
B82E5453871448EA18D7C119F54DC211A5720206
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1223555071

Stargazing by Violet
AA867046767158118C1FCDB955AECA489622E56D
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1220786396

Fatale - fire wyvern by Akhoris
56158EF2E0D5DD06154303C2A8FA0547B14B6F4A
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1219434756

Fluff boi Dakotaraptor by DodoRupter666
4DCBDA9FFABC6FDD5F54E6749D5D537724D6B00E
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1222844824

Ark Rock drake drawing by Mglogo
AE2BBF115C6473A67770BE52368F70AADAE240AD
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1208421197

Christmas Otter by Sharkcat
?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1224372619

no parking by slippermuffin
0812816564304566B1D994AD6B43D510534FA46C
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1222657625

Rudolph The Reindeer Megaloceros by Sharkcat
62A2F7735362FF57E8D00C005D6A00C7D65DC2ED
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1225487223

Ark Realisitc Tyrannosaurus Rex by DinoPlayer34
28FAB058815F93F77E4A80463E08FB6B57A2EA31
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1217207920

Orolotitan by milokamilo
A060E5786055A8DFCA9AEC60C7ADC3A5EBAE3CA5
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1213590996

Mysterious Mysteries? by Kaprodonychus
8B5212D7BF6380161B96A4B12231B1E5AA35A3EE
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1212089359

Carnoraptor by milokamilo
FE0BCD7DB32DAD5D6C92FBA214CC683F867C4870
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1207288222

That's it for this post guys! As always if you’ve got anything to share please get in touch and be sure to follow us on:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

:Jerblove:

View full article

45 minutes ago, TEM187 said:

Need... confirmation... of... dossier... being... Rockwell... 0_0

If it is Rockwell mutated into some hideous beast, I am so going to enjoy blasting him into oblivion. That guy is a cowardly backstabber as evidenced by his Explorer Notes from the Island and Scorched Earth. Ever since I found out he had Helena locked in a cage and sided with Nerva in his whole conquest of the Island, I've wanted to pummel his hide and Nerva's into the dirt and let the theropod predators finish them both off. I will use his own Nameless and Reaper Queens against him and let them destroy him in the most ironic twist of fate in history. And I'm telling you, if Nerva is the boss of the third DLC, I will show him no mercy either.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Wildcard Community

"I am not a god. I am more than that. Infinitely more. I am everything. This world, this ARK, it is my body.

I can feel every bit of it, every footstep of man or beast that falls upon my skin and every root that digs into my flesh. They are all mine. Everything in this world happens only by my will.

The ones who put me here have long since fled, but though I hate them, I accept their escape. It is their reward, for they placed me upon this throne.

Yet should anyone else challenge me, they shall receive no mercy. My wrath will be swift and terrible, and my enemies will know only pain. I am everything."

Edited by ZenRowe
Updated with the part I missed, Thanks ifixxed

2 minutes ago, ZenRowe said:

"I am not a god. I am more than that. Infinitely more. I am everything. This world it is my body.

I can feel every bit of it, every footstep of man or beast that falls upon my skin and every root that digs into my flesh. They are all mine. Everything in this world happens only by my will.

The ones who put me here have long since fled, but though I hate them, I accept their escape. It is their reward, for they placed me upon this throne.

Yet should anyone else challenge me, they shall receive no mercy. My wrath will be swift and terrible and my enemies will know only pain. I am everything."

Was just about to post the decrypted text and you beat me to it by a minute!
Looks like you added some words tho?

• Wildcard Community
3 minutes ago, ifixxed said:

Was just about to post the decrypted text and you beat me to it by a minute!
Looks like you added some words tho?

Some of the lines didn't look right, had to play with offsets a bit to get some of the text to show up at all. I might have some minor errors though. Like I am not sure if it is supposed to be "walks" or "Falls"

Edited by ZenRowe

8 minutes ago, ZenRowe said:

Some of the lines didn't look right, had to play with offsets a bit to get some of the text to show up at all.

Yes, most of the time for a " "(space) or a "." you need to but a few of the words you added are not in the lines without adding more than zeros or 'a's'.  a, am and I are a few added. Still, it makes it sound better but its not verbatim the ascension code.  

I could be mistaken. I am going to check.

Edited by ifixxed

• Wildcard Community
7 minutes ago, ifixxed said:

Yes, most of the time for a " "(space) or a "." you need to but a few of the words you added are not in the lines without adding more than zeros or 'a's'.  a, am and I are a few added. Still, it makes it sound better but its not verbatim the ascension code.  

hard to be verbatim, I blew that image up and sharpened it best I could but some of those dots are really sketchy. I doubt I magically created words, at worst I ended up with some mostly-complete partials.

I attached what I had.
For each part the first block was what I ended up with trying to copy verbatim.
The second block is after messing with placement. I only ever had to add single 'a's here and there.
End then I put what I believe the text is suppose to say

AbberationText.txt

Edited by ZenRowe
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ZenRowe said:

hard to be verbatim, I blew that image up and sharpened it best I could but some of those dots are really sketchy. I doubt I magically created words, at worst I ended up with some mostly-complete partials. I attached what I had. for each part the first block was what I ended up with trying to copy verbatim.
The second block is after messing with placement. I only ever had to add single 'a's here and there.

AbberationText.txt

Cannot see the attached image you linked.  Nvm it is a text file I see it now. lol

I too sharpened it and inverted it to see it better. I took the banner image and overlayed it for better results. 

I am going to check my work again, I could be wrong as it is hard to tell what some could be but if you look for the " "(space) code it makes it easier. 

Edited by ifixxed

• Wildcard Community
2 minutes ago, ifixxed said:

Cannot see the attached image you linked.

I too sharpened it and inverted it to see it better. I took the banner image and overlayed it for better results. 

I am going to check my work again, I could be wrong as it is hard to tell what some could be but if you look for the " "(space) code it makes it easier. 

Oh it was supposed to be a text file, not an image

Here's a pastbin:
https://pastebin.com/iU7q0JAJ

Edited by ZenRowe

38 minutes ago, ZenRowe said:

"I am not a god. I am more than that. Infinitely more. I am everything. This world it is my body.

I see the text file now, good to see others willing and eager. 

I decided to recheck all the code again and input it in fresh now that I can see the " ", "." and "." in the code(for the most part).

It looks like the first chunk says 

"I am not a god. I am more than that. Infinitely more. I am everything. This world, this ARK, it is my body.   "

Here is the fresh google doc I am working on atm. I am looking at what you typed to cross reference it aswell. Good work none the less!

• Wildcard Community
5 minutes ago, ifixxed said:

I see the text file now, good to see others willing and eager. 

I decided to recheck all the code again and input it in fresh now that I can see the " ", "." and "." in the code(for the most part).

It looks like the first chunk says 

"I am not a god. I am more than that. Infinitely more. I am everything. This world, this ARK, it is my body.   "

Here is the fresh google doc I am working on atm. I am looking at what you typed to cross reference it aswell. Good work none the less!

Darn. See? Text just pops up out of nowhere xD

Edited by ZenRowe
  • Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, dalfinsaredumb said:

Will PC players have to download a new Ark from Windows 10, or will we be able to use the Steam version for cross play? 

No, Steam and Windows 10 are 2 different versions. You will need to buy a new copy of the game from Microsoft if you want to play with Xbox players.

Erm well I think whoever it is! It's the actual ARK itself from the line of code deciphered here and how the the image looks!!! "I am not a god. I am more than that. Infinitely more. I am everything. This world, this ARK, it is my body. Rockwell became the ARK!!

This link will show you what I mean by he is the ARK takes you to my Twitter Convo: 

I also made a video last Sunday on how it would be Rockwell I had the itch it was him but I needed more time for evidence

Link for those intrigued: 

• Eli locked this topic