Serious Qeustion...

Crows

How come when a megatribe on PS4 wants to wipe a server, they can force the server cap to 140/70 and then usually they themselves aren't lagging at all (because their videos are all over YouTube) but as soon as you see the victim's POV (video,) they can't even move due to the lag. Why is that, WildCard? I honestly don't understand how they're allowed to do it, and they do it often.

2 hours ago, Crows said:

How come when a megatribe on PS4 wants to wipe a server, they can force the server cap to 140/70 and then usually they themselves aren't lagging at all (because their videos are all over YouTube) but as soon as you see the victim's POV (video,) they can't even move due to the lag. Why is that, WildCard? I honestly don't understand how they're allowed to do it, and they do it often.

There are a lot of reasons this could be happening. From my experience, in many cases it's due to hardware restrictions. On average, non-streamers who are getting wiped off a server won't have the same or similar hardware as streamers who are broadcasting the destruction, and in many cases aren't prepared to effectively capture good quality video. When things start exploding and things are going crazy, those with lesser rigs are going to encounter gnarly performance issues. From the perspective of the content creator, everything looks great. From the video capture from the victim, things look a lot worse.

It's happened to me a few times from both ends of the spectrum. This isn't always the case, but it's one potential reason.

3 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

There are a lot of reasons this could be happening. From my experience, in many cases it's due to hardware restrictions. On average, non-streamers who are getting wiped off a server won't have the same or similar hardware as streamers who are broadcasting the destruction, and in many cases aren't prepared to effectively capture good quality video. When things start exploding and things are going crazy, those with lesser rigs are going to encounter gnarly performance issues. From the perspective of the content creator, everything looks great. From the video capture from the victim, things look a lot worse.

It's happened to me a few times from both ends of the spectrum. This isn't always the case, but it's one potential reason.

They're all on PS4's though. :$

30 minutes ago, Crows said:

They're all on PS4's though. :$

Are they capturing, storing, editing, encoding, and uploading their videos onto papyrus and pony-expressing them to the internet?

Most server-wipe victims aren't ready and raring to go like streamers/youtubers...thus, when they capture and attempt to upload video, it looks choppy/laggy/low-framerate/glitchy/teary/crappy...particularly if they are doing all of those things from a weak rig before they upload them.

Typically if you see a really bad looking video capture from a console on Youtube, it has more to do with the rig used to capture/encode upload it.

40 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Are they capturing, storing, editing, encoding, and uploading their videos onto papyrus and pony-expressing them to the internet?

Most server-wipe victims aren't ready and raring to go like streamers/youtubers...thus, when they capture and attempt to upload video, it looks choppy/laggy/low-framerate/glitchy/teary/crappy...particularly if they are doing all of those things from a weak rig before they upload them.

Typically if you see a really bad looking video capture from a console on Youtube, it has more to do with the rig used to capture/encode upload it.

Well as far as I'm aware, the PS4 has a built in recording feature that nearly everyone uses and it only records exactly what's going on in the game, even when it lags or drops frame rates and the player disconnects, etc, so the raider and the victim on PS4 are having the same experience, or should be having the same experience since whenever the server lags, everybody in the server experiences it, obviously apart from individual base/area FPS lag.

On these megatribe raid videos, they aren't lagging like the victims defending, and they're literally on the same rigs. Even if the raiders had a different and better way to record their footage, it would still show them lagging, but in one particular raid, the victims of a tribe couldn't even close their main gate because they were frozen still with about 1 FPS as the raiders pushed to and through their base's open doors while meat-running everything with gigas.

These raiders are using SOMETHING to avoid lagging as much as anybody, and forcing their way into servers 140/70 cap. WildCard seriously need to look into that, any player above the 70 cap shouldn't be allowed to connect regardless, it's unfair because these megatribes WILL use that cap exploit to their advantage when wiping servers. 

6 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

Are you sure they havent turned off motion blur? Makes a hella difference for me. I don't lag half as much.

Are you on console too? and tbh I'll try playing with motion blur off to see if I notice any difference but the kind of lag I'm talking about here is the most extreme, when a large raid is going on and there's usually 1-5 FPS which is just absolutely terrible, like playing a slideshow, YET these certain megatribes can still operate fine and move around killing everything through this crazy lag while on the same console as the victims. It baffles me lol 

Could be the difference between PS4 vs PS4 Pro.. also any other setting that would mean that it doesn't have to render as much..

Regardless, anyone over the cap shouldn't be allowed to connect and if they did then it should kick them off.. last onto the server, first to be booted at cap.. but could even see that system being abused.. cause a server reboot and get all your guys on first, then have free rain to raid with no defence

Archived