Eggers room design

JZhong

Hey, I would love to see different fun designs of structure for eggers. I was planning to do a children's slides for eggs, so the dino is stacked vertically, and there is a slope for eggs to drop to first floor. The result wasn't good because some eggs do not roll down to the end of slopes and some will stuck at turning points. The most space-saving plan I have is just build 2 slope facing each other, so you are picking up 2 row of dino's eggs at one time.

What do you guys do with eggers.

20171208121218_1.jpg

36 minutes ago, JZhong said:

Hey, I would love to see different fun designs of structure for eggers. I was planning to do a children's slides for eggs, so the dino is stacked vertically, and there is a slope for eggs to drop to first floor. The result wasn't good because some eggs do not roll down to the end of slopes and some will stuck at turning points. The most space-saving plan I have is just build 2 slope facing each other, so you are picking up 2 row of dino's eggs at one time.

20171208121218_1.jpg

It's a decent design. 

I don't have pics so I will describe it best I can.

We wanted to house everything in one building this time around. On legacy we had a massive hatchery, a small house, and one massive storage barn at one base, we actually had an egger barn 3 floors high at another base, In that one building we have the workshop, storage, hatchery, eggers and to do that we had to figure out some other ways to store and compact. 

What we did was build one building, behemoth gate high. Then for our eggers we placed ramps high up along one wall. We did two rows of that and placed them with their butts hanging off the edge, disabed whistle commands, placed a greenhouse ceiling to walk on and for it to collect eggs, attached an elevator and we can just look up, see the eggs through the ceiling and know to go up and grab them.

PVE so we are constantly in a state of cap flux so it's a pretty empty thing right now. Have some turtles (duel squid level at 25k hp and kibble), dilo's, terror's, galli's, scorps, raptors, pachy's, and ptera's. 2 f and 1 m of those except 5 turtles because of massive amount needed for bronto's and to tame squids. 

We have two lystro's on ground floor in an area we can place a dino we want to level up and we built over the water so we have a walled off dimetrodon pit with 4 females. We keep the male above them and access it through a giant trap door. 

During one of our cap purges we offed the dimorphs, dodo's, parasaurs, trikes, and stego's since we had 200+ eggs from all of them and they are easy tames if we need more or since we have lots of dimetrodon eggs i usually do a 5 for 10 trade of whatever we need. 

Ankylo's are a project of ours for breeding so we have plenty of them hanging around and get their eggs just by our daily interactions with them. 

45 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

It's a decent design. 

I don't have pics so I will describe it best I can.

We wanted to house everything in one building this time around, on legacy we had a massive hatchery, a small house, and one massive storage barn at one base, we actually had an egger barn 3 floors high at another base, (workshop, storage, hatchery, eggers) around so we had to figure out some other ways to store and compact. 

What we did was build one building, behemoth gate high. Then for our eggers we placed ramps high up along one wall. We did two rows of that and placed them with their butts hanging off the edge, disabed whistle commands, placed a greenhouse ceiling to walk on and for it to collect eggs, attached an elevator and we can just look up, see the eggs through the ceiling and know to go up and grab them.

PVE so we are constantly in a state of cap flux so it's a pretty empty thing right now. Have some turtles (duel squid level at 25k hp and kibble), dilo's, terror's, galli's, scorps, raptors, pachy's, and ptera's. 2 f and 1 m of those except 5 turtles because of massive amount needed for bronto's and to tame squids. 

We have two lystro's on ground floor in an area we can place a dino we want to level up and we built over the water so we have a walled off dimetrodon pit with 4 females. We keep the male above them and access it through a giant trap door. 

During one of our cap purges we offed the dimorphs, dodo's, parasaurs, trikes, and stego's since we had 200+ eggs from all of them and they are easy tames if we need more or since we have lots of dimetrodon eggs i usually do a 5 for 10 trade of whatever we need. 

Ankylo's are a project of ours for breeding so we have plenty of them hanging around and get their eggs just by our daily interactions with them. 

Yeah, green house ceiling is a great idea. I feel bad when I go upstairs for a couple seconds and find no eggs that I wanted. Once I expand my base a bit, then I can set up the greenhouse ceiling and sloped ceilings.

1 hour ago, JZhong said:

have you tried sloped ceilings instead of ramps?

The bottom floor of my barn is made up of rows of thatch foundations with the eggers on them. I'd just walk along the ground and not have to avoid tails or large butts to grab the eggs. Since you can go under thatch foundations any egg that falls through can still be collected. I also try to position the animals so the eggs just fall to the ground instead of landing on the foundation but that's not always possible with the buggy animal designs.

I built an octogon tower. Ramps along the bottom of every other wall and the walls in between had benches all the way across for small egg layers, dimorphs, dodos, compy, etc. Each floor had a small pen in the middle with oviraptor mating pairs. Fridges and troughs next to each ovi pen. Worked really will for me once I finally got everything lined up right on the ramps. Unfortunately I got bored and switched to PvP so I ended up giving my base away. Might try the same design again though

6 hours ago, Pappy said:

I built an octogon tower. Ramps along the bottom of every other wall and the walls in between had benches all the way across for small egg layers, dimorphs, dodos, compy, etc. Each floor had a small pen in the middle with oviraptor mating pairs. Fridges and troughs next to each ovi pen. Worked really will for me once I finally got everything lined up right on the ramps. Unfortunately I got bored and switched to PvP so I ended up giving my base away. Might try the same design again though

Sounds interesting, I'd love to see a screenshot, if it's not too much trouble :)
Also: Why mating ovis? Isn't one on wandering enough to give the egg boost?

We have one large "kibble factory" on one of our servers that we built a long time ago and use to provide kibble for most of our other games on other servers (apart from a new clean game we started last week where we're literally starting from scratch for fun).

We've recently started to use it as additional storage for mutated breeders too as it had a convenient amount of large space free xD

27DDA4155BFD9BE8C921A17E4AF9B8D88C7E0753

0FBD799F1FDC9749A635C57A2EF5405AD29011CA

2C5AB0D32EB9BF8FFE1C9CADD3E44549E79054B3

4956B480398D98AE6D12992B9ED3B9D5A9F9B3D1

D74500EAF8F2B70718A5C804CAC554463F2BAE79

641FE829CE9FC7F9682B8E8654CF68576836FB28

AD7E49849FD0CECDD7E381C273C4910AB52B25FF

6 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

We have one large "kibble factory" on one of our servers that we built a long time ago and use to provide kibble for most of our other games on other servers (apart from a new clean game we started last week where we're literally starting from scratch for fun).

We've recently started to use it as additional storage for mutated breeders too as it had a convenient amount of large space free xD

Im almost as impressed by the actual building as i am by the time itd take to park them all!

"Oops i whistled follow all!"

On 12/11/2017 at 7:47 PM, d1nk said:

Im almost as impressed by the actual building as i am by the time itd take to park them all!

"Oops i whistled follow all!"

On 12/11/2017 at 7:49 PM, invincibleqc said:

If you didn't disable group whistles on your egg layers you are doing it wrong. :D

What he said ;)

8 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

This kibble farm is massive!  Good job !?

Ama

On 08/12/2017 at 6:22 PM, JZhong said:

20171208121218_1.jpg

Amazing joob xD try make some video in private server how to build it would be interesting. ty

@2MuchForyou It is easy:) just put  sloped ceiling against each other with the help of sloped wall.  So horizontally, its ceiling, sloped ceiling, sloped ceiling, then ceiling. then extend the whole thing configuration. The ceiling is attached to the wall that is 1 wall higher than the "ground". You can pick up 2 rows of eggs by walking in the middle :)

13 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

This design used to be awesome, but now that the eggs get stuck in mid-air and don't drop all the way to the floor, it's impractical.

This is my Kibble Farm Design on Official Server TheIsland-OC-97.

The dinos used to fill up all of the ramps and I had moschops and microraptors on the opposite corner to the compys and dodos, but with Wild Card's amazingly crap server dino cap limitation and partially starvation due to inactivity (having lost motivation because of the server dino cap) It looks a lot more empty than it used to be.

But you get the idea...

Archived