High percentage of max level wild dinos spawning

Vinmier

Hey,

I run a private server with slightly upped rates over official servers. We've upped the max wild dino level to 300. Moved to Ragnarok, and we're seeing a huge increase of level 300 wild dinos roaming around. Though the server changes, we've mucked around in the .ini here and there, but I don't recall ever seeing a setting that would impact this. I've been looking to lower the rate at which the max level wild dinos spawn. Anyone know how this would be accomplished, or is it a Ragnarok thing where the dinos spawn max level at a higher frequency?

The difficulty you set is likely a big part of the problem. On regular settings a 150 rex is going to take at least a bit of damage from most everything it attacks. That damage will add up until the rex dies. A 300 rex on the other hand is going to spend a good part of its time attacking other dinos that it can kill in one or two chomps. Its going to last much longer, and as it kills the lower level dinos, you get the chance for other 300's to spawn who will also survive longer.

The Center's and Ragnarok's spawn mechanics encourage higher level dinos to spawn compared to SE or The Island. You're about 7 times more likely to find a 130+ (out of 150) on The Center or Rag than you are on SE or The Island. Also on TC/Rag certain level of dinos do not spawn. Here is my source, its very interesting information.

8 hours ago, genie45 said:

thats a good read but this guy is wrong :)

the levels he claims that dont spawn do actually spawn as i saw all of them ;) 

It may not be wrong, just out of date. As we all know, the Rag map is not finished yet, and we can most certainly expect changes as the Dev team continues their work. 2 months ago a post stating that gigas will not spawn near the green obi would have been correct. Now that is certainly not the case.

On 12/11/2017 at 5:24 AM, genie45 said:

thats a good read but this guy is wrong :)

the levels he claims that dont spawn do actually spawn as i saw all of them ;) 

Erm, was this a recent change genie? I know that with my last meat run, I did not see a single of those various lvls on Ragnarok. I haven't been on my Center map for a while though, so I don't know there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 6:54 AM, Vinmier said:

Hey,

I run a private server with slightly upped rates over official servers. We've upped the max wild dino level to 300. Moved to Ragnarok, and we're seeing a huge increase of level 300 wild dinos roaming around. Though the server changes, we've mucked around in the .ini here and there, but I don't recall ever seeing a setting that would impact this. I've been looking to lower the rate at which the max level wild dinos spawn. Anyone know how this would be accomplished, or is it a Ragnarok thing where the dinos spawn max level at a higher frequency?

Hey quick question. Which difficultyoffset are you using? We're having the opposite problem, where we with an offset of 0.7 never get any dinos higher than lvl 30. I'd expect to see level 90.

Archived