Spartans quit ark

Majew

1 hour ago, GP said:

At what point did I trash talk Spartans? At what point did I say anything negative about Spartans?

Sounds like you are the one trash talking and running their mouth.

I'm not going off topic.

You guys can all you want. Your status allows you to.

My statement still stands, at some point even the most devoted players of the game get thoroughly disgusted with the direction the devs are going.

And, if there is any shred of truth to the rumors running around, Spartans have/had a pocket dev.

Now, what the average player should be thinking right now is, "What do they know with their inside track to what the devs are doing that caused them to quit?"

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

And... why are not you reporting them so devs can get them fixed? You chose to be part of the problem, not the solution. Scream for balances, but doesn't want to contribute to fair game-play; this is how I perceive your post. Either that or you are just bragging about knowing THE secrets and in reality have no clue - prove me wrong and do the right thing? ;)

The Devs are aware of more than the ones I know, I was actually part of a vid submitted to the devs concerning one such method.

If I share the methods a few alpha/mega tribes are using, it does nothing but contribute to the duping issue you sound like a wannabe duper.

Note how xfish says in the video that the Devos are not doing anything about the dupers currently, they are too busy, hopefully working on a fix as well as aberration.

And as I no longer bother with official pvp, I cannot go reporting people without proof anyway.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Saupe said:

The Devo are aware of more than the ones I know, I was actually part of a vid submitted to the devs concerning one such method. And if I share the methods a few alpha/mega tribes are using, it does nothing but contribute to the duping issue, the right thing is making people aware that it still exists yet not telling people how other than those who can do something about it. 

Don't get me wrong, I was not encouraging you to share the methods publicly when I said to report them to the devs. You can do so by emailing Jat:

On 12/28/2016 at 8:43 PM, Jatheish said:

We are now offering bounties for anyone who can provide us with hacks of any kind (which are NOT aimbots/esp/speedhacks) that can have an impact on gameplay or server stability on our official, online servers. Feel free to reach out to the following emails with details:

info@studiowildcard.com
jat@studiowildcard.com

5 hours ago, rexgutierrez said:

What bothers me the most is the poor quality of the servers, the tremendous lagg and the loss of dinos or material in the obelisks. For me a HATELOVE but cant stop playing :Jerbcry:

Did you not see their bases and the amount of dinos they had? There's a big part of your lag problem right there.

There are some fair points of critique in the video, such as duping not being fully fixed, and the building anywhere they want.
But the main thing I took away from this video was the "Spread themselves too thin" and the fact that they got bored. They
hit end-game, they raided all other servers, wiped what they could, and got bored afterwards. 

They spent their time in the game, they got the fullest out of it, and got bored after having done everything. They quit because
they were finished. There was nothing left for them to do. They hit a point where no one could stop them, no one could challenge
them, and with the auto decay, they no longer had to worry about any of their dinos being used against them. I.E, they had nothing
else to play for.

To say that this is "DA DEVS FAULTS FOR NOT LISTENING" is incorrect and a bit dumb. Yea, the game still needs fine tuning, but
people need to stop moping around pretending like it's still broken beyond enjoyment. Because it isn't. Obviously. Otherwise, I doubt
the Spartans would have spent so much time doing the things they did.

14 hours ago, Majew said:

so a mega officially quit ark. The devs have not listened to the players at all and just pump out on content instead of working on broken core mechanics.  I know most people dont care that a mega quit and I dont blame you there but watch the video and tell me why its worth playing official at all now?

Clickbait.

4 minutes ago, rexgutierrez said:

what? only 5 servers for Aberration? really?

There are a lot of people making a lot of things up. There are even more who don't question anything they read in an angry rant post, and then regurgitate it as fact even after an official announcement debunks it. Unless it's an official announcement (or if it references an official announcement), take things like that with a huge grain of salt. (Especially when it seems like someone has an axe to grind)

12 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

Well they did demolish their main base from what i heard, not that it means its their end.

+ aberration will be unplayable on official. (5 servers)

Since Abberation is about to come out they probably didn’t feel like maintaining a base on that scale on an old map. You can’t really have a couple people just casually log in and feed your Dino’s and refill your stuff at that size. They probably destroyed all of it so nobody else could have it. Not having to put the manpower in to maintaining that base also means that they can instead put that manpower into dominating one of the official abberation servers once they go live, if they choose. Once they get up and running there and crossark becomes available again in a couple months they’ll have rebuilt, have all of the necessary resources again, and can just branch back out to the other servers. Like the dude said in the video, it’s easy to rebuild for them. I’m pretty sure they haven’t just decided to up and quit. 

Yea so if anyone is concerned with the path Wild Card plan to take with their game I guess the Moderators in this thread will give you an idea.

- Firstly they label people they don't even know as toxic because they have left the game, despite that they may have very legitimate reasons for doing so.
- Secondly they boast about their game selling so many copies that it doesn't matter if people quit (this right here shows you where their main concerns are).
- Then lastly they taunt them, stating with the utmost arrogance that they will return, just like everyone else that complains and then buys DLC.

And if I'm going to get a warning for this post, then that just proves my point.

Now irrespective of Wild Card's development choices I was going to buy Aberation as it does look like a lot of fun. However this is just the final straw as I cannot financially support a company whose development priorities are just as bad as the PR staff they employ (whether it be voluntary or not).

• Wildcard Community

If everyone's done with their goodbyes then I'd say this thread has come full circle.

While it's always unfortunate to see someone go, it's ultimately their choice to do so. Whatever reasons they have do not matter, whatever type of person they were does not matter.  All that matters is that they chose to do so of their own accord, and that we should have the grace to respect that choice. Should they choose to come back, this game will still be here to welcome them. 

• Eli locked this topic

Archived