Recommended Posts

I am new to the game and would like to set up a game my friend and I can play with no interruptions. Upon reading the best way I can tell is to do a dedicated server, or obvious reasons. My question is, due to the fact that I can't find any topic on it, have they came out with the ability to host a dedicated server from a PC for a Xbox? I don't want to buy another console, but I already have a PC. If this is possible what are the pros and cons? Also is there any price tag with it. I have read a few things about Nitrado hosted servers that you can purchase is this the same thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Shelton76 said:

I am new to the game and would like to set up a game my friend and I can play with no interruptions. Upon reading the best way I can tell is to do a dedicated server, or obvious reasons. My question is, due to the fact that I can't find any topic on it, have they came out with the ability to host a dedicated server from a PC for a Xbox? I don't want to buy another console, but I already have a PC. If this is possible what are the pros and cons? Also is there any price tag with it. I have read a few things about Nitrado hosted servers that you can purchase is this the same thing?

On Xbox the only rentable service provider Is currently Nitrado (doubt there will be another provider for a while at least). Through Nitrado you can rent a PC unofficial server with vast customisation options. If you are interested in pursuing this option, make sure you download the Nitrado Xbox app on your console as all purchases must go through the Microsoft store. You can access the web interface via the app.

Play Anywhere (ETA 12th) however, will be like hosting from a second console so it’s not considered a PC unofficial server as it runs the same as it would on Xbox. This was confirmed by Jat on a recent announcement on this forum.

The only pro for using a second Xbox or a PC through Play Anywhere would be the cost factor. Nitrado IMO is far superior in terms of customisation but you incur the cost to keep the run time going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

On Xbox the only rentable service provider Is currently Nitrado (doubt there will be another provider for a while at least). Through Nitrado you can rent a PC unofficial server with vast customisation options. If you are interested in pursuing this option, make sure you download the Nitrado Xbox app on your console as all purchases must go through the Microsoft store. You can access the web interface via the app.

Play Anywhere (ETA 12th) however, will be like hosting from a second console so it’s not considered a PC unofficial server as it runs the same as it would on Xbox. This was confirmed by Jat on a recent announcement on this forum.

The only pro for using a second Xbox or a PC through Play Anywhere would be the cost factor. Nitrado IMO is far superior in terms of customisation but you incur the cost to keep the run time going.

If I rent a server from Nitrado, would i still have to run another console? I'm also a little new to the whole hosting servers this is effectively the first game I have played like this. How exactly does it work, if you wouldn't care to explain?

Edited by Shelton76

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shelton76 said:

If I rent a server from Nitrado, would i still have to run another console? I'm also a little new to the whole hosting servers this is effectively the first game I have played like this. How exactly does it work, if you wouldn't care to explain?

It runs off Nitrado’s hardware. You can set up the server however you like but you can only make purchases from the Microsoft store via the Nitrado Xbox app on the console. Check out http://Nitrado.net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now