TheMajorPain

Legacy limited to island server transfer only? What happened to SE?

Wow, I’ve been away from the forums and tried to catch up in looking for my question as well with no luck.

since WC seen fit to cram it’s entire preview player base into 4 Rag servers thus “server caps” I’ve been playing a little on the new servers for Rag as well as my legacy island server.  And a lot of WW II COD and Wolfe stein II.

So, I guess here is the question (or what I’ve found).  After getting my oldest daughter going on the legacy server and now my soon to be son-in-law, I thought I would jump over to SE real quick and set up a base and bring them over there for a bit..... I get to the OB and only 4 or 5 legacy island servers show up.... nothing else.  

So I check the log in screen with “legacy” and I see the Rag servers (all 4 of them), legacy island servers (214 of them),  and SE servers (27).

so why can I not transfer to any of these?  Did WC not state that we (legacy players) would still be able to continue to play and receive future maps/dlc’s?  I bought SE when it came out and have transferred between the island and SE as soon as WC allowed it.  Is this a bug and if so, will be addressed soon?

i “hope” someone from WC will enlighten me on this.  Oh, by the way, it seems we do have new players on our server as well, I hope they aren’t wasting their time.

33 minutes ago, TheMajorPain said:

No, there just aren’t any servers in the list other than 4 or 5 island legacy servers.

Try adjusting your server filters. You may have filters set to specific island servers or something. If that doesn't work, you could always upload your character and instead of downloading it on whatever server you picked you could log out, go to the main menu, pick the right server and join. In the character creation menu it should let you download yours in the cloud, i think.

OB doesn’t give filter option.  Ya, thought about uploading the next and trying to log on a server then DL it but I’m afraid of loosing my guy and since legacy won’t get an answer from support .... well, ya know.  

Just odd that I can see legacy SE and Rag servers when I use the log in screen but unable to see them from the OB

38 minutes ago, TheMajorPain said:

OB doesn’t give filter option.  Ya, thought about uploading the next and trying to log on a server then DL it but I’m afraid of loosing my guy and since legacy won’t get an answer from support .... well, ya know.  

Just odd that I can see legacy SE and Rag servers when I use the log in screen but unable to see them from the OB

Use at your own risk, of course, but it should work. I often crash on transferring, and generally picking a server lets me download my uploaded character.

Also really, theres no filters tab whatsoever? could you maybe give me a screenshot?

3 minutes ago, TheMajorPain said:

May as well shut down the primitive servers and get it over with @Jatheish, @Jen, @Wildcard QA And let us DL the files for our own use.  So sad :-(

Didn't they already do that a couple of weeks ago?