3rd DLC Guesses

DemonLordCronos

4 hours ago, bennyrodz said:

I didn't mean that they intentionally brought any with them.  Most likely Rockwell just followed their footsteps or they just simple left the portal open.  I believe once our first day starts in the island, everything in the dossiers already occurred long ago, we are in the future. So it would make sense why the earth was already destroyed, as well as aberration damaged. Because we set foot on the ark much much much after Helen and all her explorer notes.  Most likely we are even post the new DLC as well.

That's technically true, since it is a millennia (according to the wiki anyway) afterwards when we come in. My theory about it, which I'll copy/paste onto here again, just goes off of the Earth already being destroyed before the story and being the reason for the ARKs inception since the tech is in the same style as TEK tier, which is made by humans according to Diana. And since we can't bring animals when we ascend it's assumed that animals couldn't go with them either, although it's possible that that's just for dramatic reasons and not actually canonically true. Which would be interesting

11 hours ago, SubtendedCrib8 said:

My personal theory is this: Based on the end scene of Aberration, we can assume Extinction will take place on Earth. The buildings shown as well as the obelisks and such are in the same style as TEK tier, which we learned through Diana is commonplace in her time, which means it's human technology. Since her and Santiago don't know anything about the ARKs we can assume they were built after their time but not too much further out. So with all that, now on to the theory. Sometime after Diana and Santiago (their clones at least) are taken, the URE and TF continue to fight until they nearly cause the end of humanity through their fighting, causing unnatural disasters like volcano eruptions and such (which we can somewhat see in the final scene) and to counteract the dying Earth, start a program to recreate human life, cloning people and creatures from across time that are suitable candidates for survival, so that the strongest can survive on the ruined Earth, code named project ARK. Sometime after the project is launched a large meteor collides with one of the ARKs, Aberration (which was already partially destroyed by Diana and her group) which destroyed one of the support pillars, now allowing the earthquakes and such to happen. The meteor then collides with Earth, creating a large crater (which can be briefly seen in the teleportation scene in the final cutscene if you glitch out to walk around the cutscene) that wiped out what's left of life on Earth, leaving only their technology to oversee the projects, like the Overseer and drones on the Command Center above the island, waiting for the worthy survivors to prevail and reclaim what once was theirs, but the projects are starting to fail as the power supply is starting to dwindle (we can just briefly see what appears to be other ARKs falling from the sky in the end cutscene after the sky fades)

What are you guys' thoughts and theories on it?

But this is just my what I've pieced together, I could be completely wrong 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well peeps it's all been pieced together by decoding everything in the Ascension Cave & adding up all the dossiers including Aberrations. Things we know:

Rockwell is Aberrations Boss after injecting Element deformed him.

The 3rd DLC is earth and called Extinction.

Helena, Diana & Mei Yin are all involved in whatever happened on earth after they left Aberration.

Diana confirmed Tek Tier was in fact a human creation & she made the key that got them to Earth (gave it to Mei Yin)

Humans were already extinct and there is no Aliens. The few humans who survived "Evolved into a Race called Homo Dues who are endangered.

Homo Dues made the Arks.

Based on this it is suspected that the final Extinction boss is either Homo Dues, Mei Yin or Helena.

Look up Anthomnia and watch his videos if you want all the breakdown.

My money is on the final Boss being none of the above but rather being a quest to save earth and repopulate.

Avoiding spoilers here like the plague, already read the explorers' notes at Ark Wiki.

I know what happened to the Aberration Ark (how it become broken), but it's a HUGE spoiler and won't post it here.

I don't know if Homo Deus created the Arks, its not clear in any point (yes, aliens could be involved, but some high-developed AI could too, like the Overseer).

It's almost certain Helena and Mei Yin will appear on the new DLC.

Earth passed thru some BIG Catastrophe (you see something shattered on videos, and its not an Ark.

I don't know if time-travel was use to capture the Survivors, or they are clones or - this can become weird -  some thingamajing algorithm, and since DNA could be used as a weird 4-based Nucleotide formula (coincidentially, the quartenary code we find on Arks)..

I can be WAY wrong here, tough :Jerbfat:

53 minutes ago, AstrihKonnash said:

Avoiding spoilers here like the plague, already read the explorers' notes at Ark Wiki.

I know what happened to the Aberration Ark (how it become broken), but it's a HUGE spoiler and won't post it here.

I don't know if Homo Deus created the Arks, its not clear in any point (yes, aliens could be involved, but some high-developed AI could too, like the Overseer).

It's almost certain Helena and Mei Yin will appear on the new DLC.

Earth passed thru some BIG Catastrophe (you see something shattered on videos, and its not an Ark.

I don't know if time-travel was use to capture the Survivors, or they are clones or - this can become weird -  some thingamajing algorithm, and since DNA could be used as a weird 4-based Nucleotide formula (coincidentially, the quartenary code we find on Arks)..

I can be WAY wrong here, tough :Jerbfat:

This thread is meant to have spoilers, so we can all discuss our guesses for the next DLC, so spoil at your leisure, chances are its already been mentioned.

also we are certain that Homo Deus created the ark, as Diana confirmed the tek technology as well as the Ark technology is Human.  Homo Deus were the next human race, so their tek would be the same as ours, only monumentally better, which would make sense as to why Diana recognized them.

"Maybe, somehow, the station can reach back in time and just... copy someone."

as per Helena's notes it would seem as if the survivors are in fact clones, but none repeat, all are individual clones of their earthly counterpart (whether future, present, or past).

22 hours ago, bennyrodz said:

This thread is meant to have spoilers, so we can all discuss our guesses for the next DLC, so spoil at your leisure, chances are its already been mentioned.

also we are certain that Homo Deus created the ark, as Diana confirmed the tek technology as well as the Ark technology is Human.  Homo Deus were the next human race, so their tek would be the same as ours, only monumentally better, which would make sense as to why Diana recognized them.

"Maybe, somehow, the station can reach back in time and just... copy someone."

as per Helena's notes it would seem as if the survivors are in fact clones, but none repeat, all are individual clones of their earthly counterpart (whether future, present, or past).

Thanks for my missing points, need read the notes more carefully

About the clones subject, some of the Survival's notes (mostly Helena and Rockwell, as well as Raia and Dahkeya) makes me think about people being born inside the Ark.. it looked like some people lived all their lives inside the Arks, like the shark-riders on Island (that sadly has no sign of their presence)

Some things are sure, Diana and her companions broke the Ark they were (because they didnt know what it was). Diana's Note #10 goes like this:

"Things have gone sideways in a hurry, and I mean seriously FUBAR. Destroying that platform didn't just weaken the barrier trapping us here, it took out the whole freaking sky, or at least the giant hologram that was posing as it."
So yeah, turns out this entire landmass and everything on it is orbiting the Earth like some kind of artificial space island. Wild right? I'd appreciate the sheer insanity of that a lot more if this place didn't feel like it was falling apart.
We're taking all we can carry and making a break for that cave system we discovered a while back. If the atmosphere's thicker underground, then we've got a shot of pulling through.

Note #11 describe the Ark's burning surface (because the sun's radiation is no more filtered?)...

And Diana won't exit the Aberrant Ark because Rockwell kills her and most of her group (Helena's Notes #25)

The big catastrophe I mentioned is the shattered Moon (you can see it when on Ascension, just before the Overseer fight) -  or then, perhaps it was used to provide materials for building the Arks.. don't look much but there´s a lot of Arks and the mats must come from somewhere.

2 hours ago, AstrihKonnash said:

Thanks for my missing points, need read the notes more carefully

About the clones subject, some of the Survival's notes (mostly Helena and Rockwell, as well as Raia and Dahkeya) makes me think about people being born inside the Ark.. it looked like some people lived all their lives inside the Arks, like the shark-riders on Island (that sadly has no sign of their presence)

Some things are sure, Diana and her companions broke the Ark they were (because they didnt know what it was). Diana's Note #10 goes like this:

"Things have gone sideways in a hurry, and I mean seriously FUBAR. Destroying that platform didn't just weaken the barrier trapping us here, it took out the whole freaking sky, or at least the giant hologram that was posing as it."
So yeah, turns out this entire landmass and everything on it is orbiting the Earth like some kind of artificial space island. Wild right? I'd appreciate the sheer insanity of that a lot more if this place didn't feel like it was falling apart.
We're taking all we can carry and making a break for that cave system we discovered a while back. If the atmosphere's thicker underground, then we've got a shot of pulling through.

Note #11 describe the Ark's burning surface (because the sun's radiation is no more filtered?)...

And Diana won't exit the Aberrant Ark because Rockwell kills her and most of her group (Helena's Notes #25)

The big catastrophe I mentioned is the shattered Moon (you can see it when on Ascension, just before the Overseer fight) -  or then, perhaps it was used to provide materials for building the Arks.. don't look much but there´s a lot of Arks and the mats must come from somewhere.

You are absolutely right I don't know how I missed that, I for some reason thought Diana survived. Santiago is the only mainish character of that group that's still alive.  I wish Skye had more explorer notes, that one note was hilarious.

On 21/12/2017 at 8:22 PM, bennyrodz said:

You are absolutely right I don't know how I missed that, I for some reason thought Diana survived. Santiago is the only mainish character of that group that's still alive.  I wish Skye had more explorer notes, that one note was hilarious.

True, it's a declared hint for the incoming game WC and SnailGames; Ark Park  xD

Also, I peel pity for the fated Scooby-gang (Rusty, Emilia, Boris, Trent and Imamu) <- forgot to include that on last post  :Jerbcry:

And hope Santiago can now appear on the (future) Explorer Notes

I want a Halloween expansion :/

Spooky landscapes, spider webs, vampiric Dino's, new vampiric creatures. I want the ability to craft a multitude of different potions and cures to keep in my fridge. I want to hate the Dino's like I hate the vamprey when it gets inside my body and gives me a death debuff. I want troodons to become as strong as a Giga, in stats, at night and make you MEHhh when you know ones nearby. Troodons at night are freaky with those yellow eyes man. There's times I'm without light at night, and I just see a thing with yellow eyes run at me and my eye twitches cause it's mildly freaky. I just pretend it's Hilary and I then chuckle, but still.

You get the vibe. Hey... add spells and wands and stuff  lol

a map under the map of a map where the only way to kill people is from below them, with tames that are literally mutated self aware glitches created in 64 bit glory of classic side scrollers that glitches under the map, with a error message at the end for a cut scene that say delay that says Ark 2 Ark Nukem Forever.or Ark Surival of the Glitches.Title of DLC should be  "delay"

Archived