3rd DLC Guesses

DemonLordCronos

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

Yup, I remember reading something that a dev mentioned with "permanent" Dodorex & Dodowyvern roaming the scenery...

I believe it was stated the DodoRex would possibly become cannon in the 3rd DLC, which doesn;t necessarily mean it would be roaming the scenery. My thought is it is likely to be a type of boss tied to the 3rd DLC.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love an expansion from the water aspect but based upon what I know about abberation and what I know about the original maps I think hybrid breeding, but more than that science and a future type utopia. What the overseers have bred/tested everything for. Element is a farmable substance in abberation so I expect more tek in the 3rd dlc. Not necessarily engrams but mechanized dino's that are wild, a giant city we can't enter except for thee boss fight protected by defense units, defense units patrolling. 

I could see it going that route. 

24 minutes ago, GP said:

I believe it was stated the DodoRex would possibly become cannon in the 3rd DLC, which doesn;t necessarily mean it would be roaming the scenery. My thought is it is likely to be a type of boss tied to the 3rd DLC.

it could be like a giga or titanosaur, a mini boss or a raid boss, but still wandering around, albeit very rarely

An open space or moon/toxic atmosphere map would be awesome, although that might limit it to tek tier players, making it kinda impossible for a fresh start.

I have also pondered about the procedural ark tech being used for a massive planet sized map (perhaps the ruined planet you see outside the overseer arena. A prodecurally made planet is not as crazy as it sounds, as other games like space engineers and elite dangerous have adopted it into their tech as well.

Whatever it is, we do know that it concludes the story arc, so it will likely be heavily tek themed as our "creators" are highly advanced beings of some sort.

Speculation is fun :)

Guest DJRone89
6 hours ago, Hosscat said:

Have they pretty much said it will be the last expansion? Or just for right now?

There are so so many things they could do and expand upon, I kinda hate to think one more chapter and that will be it.

I believe they have confirmed that the story will conclude on the 3rd DLC but that doesn’t necessarily mean they can’t expand elsewhere.

I would hope that once the 3rd DLC has been finalised, in the future they can revist old projects like Primal Survival and SOFT. Plus, don’t forget the sponsered mod program continues to breed vast creativity to the game.

17 minutes ago, FraukePetry said:

3rd DLC is ARK Survival Evolved: Extinction which is comming May 2018! The Story Plays on future Earth where you have to fight an ALien Invasion.

we already have one "ALIEN" in aberration called "Reaper"

movie-fr-alien.jpg

(Almost and same looks) Just muchhh bigger!

+ has same abillity like in movie

1. can make you pregnant

2. you can hatch alien babies

so yea pretty similar :) and cool :P

but yeah next dlc might be with more aliens tho xD

Someone already spoiled the end of Aberration. If you wanna know what happens check on YouTube (not going to spoil linking the video ^^ instead I recommend to avoid YouTube like the plague. I saw the preview of syntac video in my home). Some theories like the Earth being the next DLC may be possible, but the cutscene at the end of the video could also be a projection of a memory and not exactly something  related to the Earth. We'll see. What I can say is a big "WOW" since some theories became reality.

I have so many theories now, I'm  loving Ark's lore. Now i wanna dig deeper in it and discover what happened to this broken ark. Really, I wonder what we're going to have next year. Maybe something of apocalyptic?  The Earth as map would be too big, maybe only a part of it where is still possible to live?

2 hours ago, MayaPatch said:

Someone already spoiled the end of Aberration. If you wanna know what happens check on YouTube (not going to spoil linking the video ^^ instead I recommend to avoid YouTube like the plague. I saw the preview of syntac video in my home). Some theories like the Earth being the next DLC may be possible, but the cutscene at the end of the video could also be a projection of a memory and not exactly something  related to the Earth. We'll see. What I can say is a big "WOW" since some theories became reality.

I have so many theories now, I'm  loving Ark's lore. Now i wanna dig deeper in it and discover what happened to this broken ark. Really, I wonder what we're going to have next year. Maybe something of apocalyptic?  The Earth as map would be too big, maybe only a part of it where is still possible to live?

Earth ... the icebergs melt, flooding out most of the world. Leaving just the high altitude cities, and some protected by huge mountain ranges.  This would leave a big water map, plus perhaps some ruined cities above ground, and Atlantis like city underwater.   B|

13 hours ago, Aushegun said:

Earth ... the icebergs melt, flooding out most of the world. Leaving just the high altitude cities, and some protected by huge mountain ranges.  This would leave a big water map, plus perhaps some ruined cities above ground, and Atlantis like city underwater.   B|

Actually it would be cool. Swimming and seeing underwater cities *_  I'd never be bored to explore them

My personal theory is this: Based on the end scene of Aberration, we can assume Extinction will take place on Earth. The buildings shown as well as the obelisks and such are in the same style as TEK tier, which we learned through Diana is commonplace in her time, which means it's human technology. Since her and Santiago don't know anything about the ARKs we can assume they were built after their time but not too much further out. So with all that, now on to the theory. Sometime after Diana and Santiago (their clones at least) are taken, the URE and TF continue to fight until they nearly cause the end of humanity through their fighting, causing unnatural disasters like volcano eruptions and such (which we can somewhat see in the final scene) and to counteract the dying Earth, start a program to recreate human life, cloning people and creatures from across time that are suitable candidates for survival, so that the strongest can survive on the ruined Earth, code named project ARK. Sometime after the project is launched a large meteor collides with one of the ARKs, Aberration (which was already partially destroyed by Diana and her group) which destroyed one of the support pillars, now allowing the earthquakes and such to happen. The meteor then collides with Earth, creating a large crater (which can be briefly seen in the teleportation scene in the final cutscene if you glitch out to walk around the cutscene) that wiped out what's left of life on Earth, leaving only their technology to oversee the projects, like the Overseer and drones on the Command Center above the island, waiting for the worthy survivors to prevail and reclaim what once was theirs, but the projects are starting to fail as the power supply is starting to dwindle (we can just briefly see what appears to be other ARKs falling from the sky in the end cutscene after the sky fades)

What are you guys' thoughts and theories on it?

I said this in another post but I believe Diana and Helen succedded in teleporting to earth.  Only problem is that they brought reapers and perhaps nameless with them which helped destroy what was left of earth.  Aberation was partially already destroyed from Santiago and the team, so I do not think a meteor is in play at all.  If they did choose to use a meteor, it would be a cheap trick in a very intricate and well developed story.  Chances are as I said, Helen and Santiago succeeded in creating the portal but it did not close in time. And reapers followed, which could destroy the world fairly quickly due to their breeding tactics.  My guess is that whatever caused Tech armor (in explorer notes) to no longer work on aberration, most likely happened on earth as well. So they had no way to defend themselves, as they relied on technology that stopped working.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to 3rd DLC Guesses
1 hour ago, bennyrodz said:

I said this in another post but I believe Diana and Helen succedded in teleporting to earth.  Only problem is that they brought reapers and perhaps nameless with them which helped destroy what was left of earth.  Aberation was partially already destroyed from Santiago and the team, so I do not think a meteor is in play at all.  If they did choose to use a meteor, it would be a cheap trick in a very intricate and well developed story.  Chances are as I said, Helen and Santiago succeeded in creating the portal but it did not close in time. And reapers followed, which could destroy the world fairly quickly due to their breeding tactics.  My guess is that whatever caused Tech armor (in explorer notes) to no longer work on aberration, most likely happened on earth as well. So they had no way to defend themselves, as they relied on technology that stopped working.

I don't think they brought any with them. From the way Helena writes it it sounds like it was just the survivors and some supplies like food, plus on the island we can see that Earth is already destroyed before they got back

50 minutes ago, SubtendedCrib8 said:

I don't think they brought any with them. From the way Helena writes it it sounds like it was just the survivors and some supplies like food, plus on the island we can see that Earth is already destroyed before they got back

I didn't mean that they intentionally brought any with them.  Most likely Rockwell just followed their footsteps or they just simple left the portal open.  I believe once our first day starts in the island, everything in the dossiers already occurred long ago, we are in the future. So it would make sense why the earth was already destroyed, as well as aberration damaged. Because we set foot on the ark much much much after Helen and all her explorer notes.  Most likely we are even post the new DLC as well.

I have not read all the post here, but we know what the next dlc will be. And down that line it got me thinking, this game is very hard focused on farming materials. And all the Arks out there have, Forrest, ocean, wildlife, etc. What if the overseer farmed Earth to make those Arks? That would make the overseer “evil malicious Aliens”. Like farm a planet to make they own “simulation” for theirs needs.

Archived