3rd DLC Guesses

DemonLordCronos

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, KingGalahad said:

We shouldn't get ahead of ourselves. They still haven't finished the one that was supposed to be out in October. 

Why you always gotta be so negative? This is a thread to post your guess/idea about what the third DLC will be, not a thread to rant about Aberration's delay so please stay on topic. ¬¬

30 minutes ago, MrGerard said:

How about a urban setting like a destroyed new york type location with massive underwater locations, city being the super hard location. (Not "hard" like SE with ridiculous sand storms and stupid spoil timers)

That actually sounds interesting, and would fit with the way the Obelisks would destroy any stagnant evolution.

I hope it's like a honey I shrunk the kids world where everything is massive and we are tiny , so giant ants and dragonflies and massive spiders all in an overgrown jungle that is really just a patch of giant grass. But we can tame the giant animals and bring them back to the island still massive.

Or it would be cool if ark did a themed map merging with something already established like the Pokemon mod , or a cloud type map where we can tame carebears and my little ponys for the pve players.

Guest DJRone89

I’d have to guess that it will have another extreme setting, so to speak. Scorched has the desert theme, Aberration has a dark underworld theme, so I would hope for a winter/frozen theme.

As much as I like an underwater based map, I’m not sure they could go as far with that as opposed to something on the ground. However an underwater theme crossed with a frozen world would be cool.

37 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

I’d have to guess that it will have another extreme setting, so to speak. Scorched has the desert theme, Aberration has a dark underworld theme, so I would hope for a winter/frozen theme.

As much as I like an underwater based map, I’m not sure they could go as far with that as opposed to something on the ground. However an underwater theme crossed with a frozen world would be cool.

With a freezing mechanic similar to heat stroke and possibly increased spoil timers since ur living in a refrigerator lol

Guest DJRone89
16 minutes ago, RabidWarpig said:

With a freezing mechanic similar to heat stroke and possibly increased spoil timers since ur living in a refrigerator lol

The devs would find away to negate the increased spoil times. Similar to how Aberration works with the element; you have an ongoing debuff that needs to be reset but the closer the timer goes to zero, the quicker your items spoil. You know, because why would they make it easy for us? ;)

I really like/want the idea of a water world.
A space world would be interesting I think and fun.

Not sure how either of those would work tho, I feel like to many game mechanics would need to be added/changed. I don't remember seeing trees at the bottom of the ocean.. or on the moon.. how are we going to build our pillars?!? Lol..

I can't even really begin to think what crazy wild ideas they are cooking up tbh. Whatever it is, I'm sure it's going to blow our minds!... Hopefully lol..

Guest DJRone89
9 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

Yup, I remember reading something that a dev mentioned with "permanent" Dodorex & Dodowyvern roaming the scenery...

That just sounds awful (on an environmental front, not the idea itself) but now you mention it, the hybrid theme does ring a bell.

1 hour ago, Palenor said:

We will be tasked with winning our freedom from the oppressive overlords and attack their home planet/ARKs. Or something along those lines.

Yes to this, I really want an epic space fight with the creators! 

52 minutes ago, Gatrasmayer said:

hellish brimstone, poisonous pits and chilling mountain top battles! 

Reveal hidden contents

that we prepared for with our ascension from the island bosses!

Yes to this too! And maybe steep sandstone cliffs with deathworms and stuff at the bottom, from the Manticore fight!

15 minutes ago, DomiDarko said:

Yup, I remember reading something that a dev mentioned with "permanent" Dodorex & Dodowyvern roaming the scenery...

I certainly hope that the dododex and dodowyvern will be nerfed to fit the expansion more, but making them TAMEABLE would be awesome.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to 3rd DLC Guesses

Archived