Level speed and great results

JZhong

I have a 300% speed manta(not even close to fully leveled), that just swim insanely fast for deep sea loots (Cant Find Any but worth the fun outrunning alpha squid BIG TIME)

And ive got a full speed bronto, its footsteps are too fast to distinguish each step. ( Have a few ppl complain why I would keep this useless dino :(  Im on PvE)

Not ready for a max speed thyla for cave running but I will expect great results on the Center map.

And I lost the manta when I park it outside of underwater bubble for taming a mosa. 2 Plesi spawn once every half minute making me hard to take care of everything. 

15 hours ago, JZhong said:

I have a 300% speed manta(not even close to fully leveled), that just swim insanely fast for deep sea loots (Cant Find Any but worth the fun outrunning alpha squid BIG TIME)

And ive got a full speed bronto, its footsteps are too fast to distinguish each step. ( Have a few ppl complain why I would keep this useless dino :(  Im on PvE)

Not ready for a max speed thyla for cave running but I will expect great results on the Center map.

And I lost the manta when I park it outside of underwater bubble for taming a mosa. 2 Plesi spawn once every half minute making me hard to take care of everything. 

Tame a Diplodocus and pump it in speed, nothing quite like a 250+ move speed BUS.

Diplocaulus is just as fun with High OXY ad Move speed. No Scuba required.

We don't have full speed but we hatched a Bronto on PVE. 16k hp, good weight (can't remember exactly) and 305 % dmg. We got weight to 3500, dmg to 340 and put rest into speed and stamina. It's strictly a berry harvester and when it reaches about 2500 weight it's at max slots in inventory. I believe we currently have it 210% speed. We fill berry troughs and fridges in literally 5 minutes now. 

Tell them that's why you keep that "useless" dino around. 

We had such great success with that we are planning on breeding and raising mammoths the same way. Our most recent tame has leveled 2.2k weight, 340 melee, and currently 206% speed. 

We always pump some speed into our Anky's too (normally 175%). 

I like to take my time with most things in this game but jumping on the Bronto and traversing the terrain for berries is one of the few things I always wanted to do faster. Glad we have solved that. 

1 hour ago, rororoxor said:

When the "move to" option came out, I tried it and saw my manta jump onto land and instantly die. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Actually mantas do not die "instantly" when they jump on the beach. With enough HP they can live long enough to have some fun flying around after jumping out of water and bumping icebergs at full speed.

If you make their stats "infinite" with console commands - they are THE fastest mount on the land.

2 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

Actually mantas do not die "instantly" when they jump on the beach. With enough HP they can live long enough to have some fun flying around after jumping out of water and bumping icebergs at full speed.

If you make their stats "infinite" with console commands - they are THE fastest mount on the land.

When unmounted, beached mantas do in fact die instantly. To test this, get a manta with a ton of hp, ride it onto the beach, then dismount. Ark logic.

23 hours ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello Jzhong :)

I thought you meant character speed. But yes dino speed is much fun even if most people think it is lost leveling points. Had a spino that was good on all stats so I just leveled the speed and yes so much fun. Lost it in the deep ocean to a manta btw ;)

Regards,

Ariana

good to see you again Ariana,

yeah  the speedy dino will die... last time i picked up a lvl25 galli for eggs with dimetrodon kibble (5min tame), then i saw another one, so i dropped the tamed one on ground. Somehow, it walks a bit into the ocean from beach, and died within 30seconds to a single piranha (i hear the battle music and have absolutely no clue whats going on)

9 hours ago, ArkRage said:

I can just imagine what that looks like. ?? Those things crack me up haha.

It's pretty fun, she had like 20+lvls so I can just zoom around. The big problem I have is shes too fast for our comp to render large bases and my server has a few of those and so I tend to lag and then cut back in while sliding and so she would take damage if I didn't press space for her to "fly"

Archived