I can't stop playing

Goodgodmonkey

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, J0hnnySw1f7 said:

veg out with a controller in your hand

lmao....a controller....just....lmao. i like you, you are funny.:D

Look at what you are doing...... reality is leaving you behind.

i am fully aware of what im doing...its what i choose to do with my time. sometimes i may spend more time than i thought i was doing it, but so what?

reality is based on perception, so not sure its possible for "reality" to leave anyone behind. if you mean societal norms or something like that i am perfectly fine with that crap leaving me anywhere it wants.

Structures plus is coming to full game

true...it is, however i have yet to read anything about it being integrated when Aberration is released.

I shut down my servers last month because I couldn't justify the cost anymore and my other friends had moved on awhile ago. I've played some single player games since, even one where I loaded up the old base from the server and cheated in a stack full of C4 to give the old dino tower a proper sendoff.
I miss ark, and I'm sure I'll return.
I own a cluster and I am think of the same...however one of my players wants rent a Dark and Light server from me.

true...it is, however i have yet to read anything about it being integrated when Aberration is released.
I play on PC as well as console, er....Did.

The reality perception whatever, INSERT quantum project here, is debatable on its own terms. I have given away thousands of hours to ARK, amongst other games. I love to play some games, but sometimes it is far to easy to get lost in the virtual realm and feel that you are actually making or reaching milestones in your existence but in REALITY AS ITS UNDERSTOOD TO COMMON SAPIENS you are sitting in a chair/couch/floor. Stationary, deprived most of the time from moving,eating and sleeping and most importantly sunlight.

If you choose to continue down this path, so be it. But perhaps, just perhaps i can save a few.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, J0hnnySw1f7 said:

But perhaps, just perhaps i can save a few.

...a bit melodramatic

no one has asked you to do any such thing tho, right? i mean.....are you the "i know better what you should do than you do" cop? if that's the case maybe go save some of the folks that have like 20k+ hours in WoW or somethingxD....or if you are genuinely concerned about the human condition, there are countless hotlines, churches, AAA meetings, etc that may be a more productive arena in which to concentrate your efforts, things much more dire than some lost sleep or lack of exercise -- this is after all, a game -- and this thread is humorous. if folks have a hard time choosing things that need done over a game i would simply suggest practicing a little more self discipline. 

On 12/6/2017 at 7:32 AM, Goodgodmonkey said:

I can't stop playing ARK no matter how I try got to feed and feed can't lose my dino's I raised. I bought a 3k dollar weight machine guess what no time to work out and no sleep farm.feed raise,imprint,and do it all over again I know its just a game but am going crazy ARK ANONYMOUS HERE I COME OR THE NUT HOUSE lol

I’ll take that weight machine off your hands, haha. 

I'm going to be that guy...lighthearted thread or not.

Playing a video game as much as many people play Ark isn't healthy, mentally or physically...personal decision or not. The same goes for TONS of other games, but this problem is exacerbated with communities that normalize the behavior. People hang out in such communities and since everyone else they play with seems cool spending that much time, it must not be that huge a deal. Right?

It is. Whether it's gambling, sex, alcohol, drugs, food, etc...even video games, people need to make sure they have enough moderation to maintain a healthy mental and physical lifestyle. 

On 12/6/2017 at 10:32 AM, Goodgodmonkey said:

I can't stop playing ARK no matter how I try got to feed and feed can't lose my dino's I raised. I bought a 3k dollar weight machine guess what no time to work out and no sleep farm.feed raise,imprint,and do it all over again I know its just a game but am going crazy ARK ANONYMOUS HERE I COME OR THE NUT HOUSE lol

Welcome to Ark!

This is why some of us boost the timings on our servers. You know, cause that work, sleep & exercise stuff is kinda of important.

17 hours ago, LouSpowells said:

I'm going to be that guy...lighthearted thread or not.

Playing a video game as much as many people play Ark isn't healthy, mentally or physically...personal decision or not. The same goes for TONS of other games, but this problem is exacerbated with communities that normalize the behavior. People hang out in such communities and since everyone else they play with seems cool spending that much time, it must not be that huge a deal. Right?

It is. Whether it's gambling, sex, alcohol, drugs, food, etc...even video games, people need to make sure they have enough moderation to maintain a healthy mental and physical lifestyle. 

Yes, it's also plain wrong how game development preys on addictive behaviour.

I'm glad governments and law makers are finally stepping in. It's been a long time coming

On 08/12/2017 at 1:50 AM, ThzNutz said:

what are you even talking about? totally disagree and your "...half the members on a server..." statement is completely untrue and borderline offensive.

Well you must just not be very discerning.  It is the perfect game for those with a disability and that's why I know so many.  Go check out the Aussie servers, that's where I play.  They are proud of the fact and there shouldn't be any stigma like you are trying to apply.

7 hours ago, Jaywall said:

I used o have that passion for this game unfortunately I'm the type of person that has a harder time enjoying a game when I know the development team behind it is God aweful. But the game itself is superb. I've enjoyed playing it for the last couple years.

I just can't wrap my head around this mindset...the cognitive dissonance/distortion is mind boggling.

Archived