I can't stop playing

Goodgodmonkey

I can't stop playing ARK no matter how I try got to feed and feed can't lose my dino's I raised. I bought a 3k dollar weight machine guess what no time to work out and no sleep farm.feed raise,imprint,and do it all over again I know its just a game but am going crazy ARK ANONYMOUS HERE I COME OR THE NUT HOUSE lol

• Volunteer Moderator

ah yes, Arkoholism is a real thing

so many Saturdays i've been up fairly early, get on Ark around 8am and lose track of time to finally log off at 3am, sometimes i remember to eatxD -- of course there are either babies or something else that "has to" be finished so get back up early Sunday and do it again....the wife is just as bad most of the time.

but meh, beats just sitting on the couch vegging out watching tv...

1 hour ago, ThzNutz said:

so many Saturdays i've been up fairly early, get on Ark around 8am and lose track of time to finally log off at 3am, sometimes i remember to eatxD -- of course there are either babies or something else that "has to" be finished so get back up early Sunday and do it again....the wife is just as bad most of the time.

I wish i had your boss's boss lol.

I shut down my servers last month because I couldn't justify the cost anymore and my other friends had moved on awhile ago. I've played some single player games since, even one where I loaded up the old base from the server and cheated in a stack full of C4 to give the old dino tower a proper sendoff.

I miss ark, and I'm sure I'll return.

5 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

I take a break from having a baby dino in my place, so I can finally sit down and revise my resume... Arkoholism is real, but it proves the game fun to play. Many of people on my server quit just because their playstyle is one dimensional. They either just FARM metal then buy stuff, or breed 1 dino, which probably doesn't have the best stats to start with.

However, I do wish the building system will improve because many players like to be architects. The silly snap points and wasting material just because a pillar stick out discourage me at least.

17 hours ago, Goodgodmonkey said:

I can't stop playing ARK no matter how I try got to feed and feed can't lose my dino's I raised. I bought a 3k dollar weight machine guess what no time to work out and no sleep farm.feed raise,imprint,and do it all over again I know its just a game but am going crazy ARK ANONYMOUS HERE I COME OR THE NUT HOUSE lol

I recommend you to play on unofficials with some mods. You will still have the Arkoholism, but you will find some more time to sleep and do your RL. Officials (Settings) are designed only for no-lifers ...

• Volunteer Moderator
38 minutes ago, Toni said:

Officials (Settings) are designed only for no-lifers ...

Not really. Being a multiplayer game, it is designed and balanced for large tribes to promote team-play over soloing. This is why there is single-player with default boosted rates. ;)

1 hour ago, Rhinenorr said:

I've had tribe members have mental breaks in real life and alienate all their friends and family due to paranoia. Ark can break you. Can't seem to put down the controller though.

To be fair, Ark seems to attract vulnerable people in the first place.  Have you noticed how more than half the members on a server usually have some kind of disability?

Despite all it's flaws on official, it's base idea and open world system just draws you in. There is always something to do. A dino to hunt, a  baby to feed, a cave to explore, a negotiation  to complete. while our server has it's issues with each other one of my favorite times is when we all bond together to take out a Titan. Wyvern's just doing fly-by's and now at the point again where people are bringing their Giga's.

At it's worse Ark makes you want to punch babies, at it's best you can solve world peace. Hoping for that best keeps bringing me back. 

Arkoholism that is a great name and to holidays is for the family too but It seems like ARk is doing  2x,3x taming, raising and so on, I don't know how many time I was late doing something. My girl just started basketball on Saturday there goes a couple hours of raising because I won't miss it but this is real I don't know if  it is if I quit I would lose everything an all the time I spent raising ,farming for bosses or it is just hatching to see what stats an colors I get.I played so many games and so far this has me hook line sinker

• Volunteer Moderator

4 hours ago, DeningWei said:

To be fair, Ark seems to attract vulnerable people in the first place.  Have you noticed how more than half the members on a server usually have some kind of disability?

what are you even talking about? totally disagree and your "...half the members on a server..." statement is completely untrue and borderline offensive.

so many Saturdays i've been up fairly early, get on Ark around 8am and lose track of time to finally log off at 3am, sometimes i remember to eat[emoji23] -- of course there are either babies or something else that "has to" be finished so get back up early Sunday and do it again....the wife is just as bad most of the time.
Right, why not veg out with a controller in your hand...heres an experiment for anyone reading this. Set ur phone up at yourself and hit record, now play ark, and check your phone when you remember. Look at what you are doing...... reality is leaving you behind.

I take a break from having a baby dino in my place, so I can finally sit down and revise my resume... Arkoholism is real, but it proves the game fun to play. Many of people on my server quit just because their playstyle is one dimensional. They either just FARM metal then buy stuff, or breed 1 dino, which probably doesn't have the best stats to start with.
However, I do wish the building system will improve because many players like to be architects. The silly snap points and wasting material just because a pillar stick out discourage me at least.

Structures plus is coming to full game, May want to double check the day, but i beliece it was DEC 12 with Abb. Release. DON'T QUOTE ME ON THAT HOWEVER.

Archived