Baby breeding with kibble?

XxGrassoxX

So today while raising some yutys we randomly had the thought that using dodo kibble for food since kibble takes a long time to expire versus raw or cooked meat may be a new thing.  Dodo kibble which is very easy to make in mass and use as a long food source may be the answer to less time sitting shoving food in a infants mouth as some meat is expiring.  Thoughts?

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, anubis3691 said:

I have thought about doing this as well, only thing I wonder about is what food amount does the kibble supply? For example, when using kibble in place of raw meat for babies, does it eat the same amount of kibble it would eat meat? Speaking of dodo kibble ofcourse.

Based on the wiki:

The favorite kibble fills up 80 points of food, (exceptions: Megalosaurus: 135; Diplocaulus, Daeodon, Kaprosuchus: 120; Bronto, Diplodocus, Woolly Rhino: 53.33; Archaeopteryx: 25; Rock Elemental: 20). Non-favorite kibble fills up 90 or 60 points of food and gives only 1/8 of the taming progress than the favorite kibble. Because of the more food-points it gives, the creature waits longer before eating the next kibble than it would if you were using other food types.

I love doing this, it gives you some ease of mind that if something happens like your internet cuts out, or you have an emergency and have to step away, or get kicked from the server that your baby has food, I have had like 2k dodo kibble on one baby before xD (I don't do a lot of breeding so I just stuck it all on the one baby haha) It's also fun to calculate how much food units is on each baby!

Great idea...... in theory, but if you want to go the route of long spoil times, you are better off using jerky. Sure, it is worth less food value than kib, but it is much easier to mass produce in a short time without having like 100 dodos on hand. Save your dodo kib for emergency food or for daeodon food for dangerous boss fights or ascension runs.

Edit: You are better off just using cooked meat unless you plan to be away a long time and want to put enough food out to finish up what you are raising.....it will be quite a lot though.

Archived