Worth breeding?

Xenithar

14 hours ago, Xenithar said:

As for the tag, I posted this in the BREEDING forum for PC but it only had PvE or PvP tags so I chose what my cluster was. No idea why a question about breeding was moved from the breeding forum, but whatever. I assumed the breeding forum was for questions about breeding, but maybe it's for questions about spacecraft.

The PC forum Cross-ARK Item Trading & Dino Breeding states:
"List your items and creatures for trade right here!"

I would think that's why your post was moved - you weren't trading anything.

Ah, thanks for the info Kimsie.

As for everybody else, one of my admins had been using item 183 to tame dinos. This is apparently an item to tame them instantly, so you get 100%. These three are three I picked out of the ones we brought to our base. I do not know whether these three were my tames or not. There are two more on our island base which were both 179 when tamed, as you guys have stated.

Since discovering this, I have realized that this test meat item was used for others as well. As such, I am talking to my players (some dinos were tamed this way and given away) about complete dino wipes or a full server wipe. All but one of my regulars is up for a full wipe.

Is there a way to block an item from being spawned in? I am currently running a primitive configuration but I did not specify this item in the configuration, so I am guessing admins can spawn in anything. Can I stop that?

42 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

Ah, thanks for the info Kimsie.

As for everybody else, one of my admins had been using item 183 to tame dinos. This is apparently an item to tame them instantly, so you get 100%. These three are three I picked out of the ones we brought to our base. I do not know whether these three were my tames or not. There are two more on our island base which were both 179 when tamed, as you guys have stated.

Since discovering this, I have realized that this test meat item was used for others as well. As such, I am talking to my players (some dinos were tamed this way and given away) about complete dino wipes or a full server wipe. All but one of my regulars is up for a full wipe.

Is there a way to block an item from being spawned in? I am currently running a primitive configuration but I did not specify this item in the configuration, so I am guessing admins can spawn in anything. Can I stop that?

Unless your server has a mod that affects wild dinos' stat distribution (not sure if such mod even exists), then those rexes are quite special and you spent your lifetime supply of luck if you indeed found them in the wild and tamed.

As for spawning items - afaik admin can spawn any item/dino as long as its blueprint exists in the game client/server.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Super_Test_Meat

I guess that explains the bonus level yeah. Honestly never even noticed it in the list before either.
Seems the guy is truthful though.
You can't spawn the creatures with specific stats, you can only pick the level on them.

All in all I wouldn't wipe the server for it tbh.

Especially if its a community server I'd just breed them up and give everyone an egg.

If it's a private PvP server on the other hand it might be looked at as admin abuse.

On 07/12/2017 at 8:40 PM, invincibleqc said:

Again, it doesn't matters. He plays on his own server and his question is only if they are worth being bred, everything else doesn't matters and is purely derailing the entire thread.

I did answer the question being asked and it's not derailing the thread when my question to him was still pertinent to the pictures displayed in his OP. Also if he is on unofficial and has spawned them in then perhaps my answer to his question would change. Maybe I would tell him to instead kill them and keep spawning in more until he got 60+ stat points. And to perhaps try spawning in higher level Rex's to increase that possibility too.

Just because he hasn't tamed them legitimately doesn't make his wanting to breed them any less valid, but it would change my answer to his question. Therefore my post is directly relevant to the topic being discussed.

I am also genuinely curious as to how he managed to get such high stat points on such a low level dinos and I believe that to still be relevant to the topic at hand as well.

Archived