Worth breeding?

Xenithar

I've been taming and releasing dozens of rexes lately, and I have found three that have abnormally high stats, at least for me. Are these worth breeding? I am asking those of you who breed for the best dinos. Would you guys and gals breed these?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1222867820

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1222867886

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1222867943

I have not applied any points at this time. These three were tamed on the same day, but in different places. I was thinking of breeding the male with damage and the female with weight, then the male with health and female with weight again, and then allowing the offspring to breed for a Rex with good weight, a lot of HP, and good damage.

42 minutes ago, Fealthion said:

From a max level perspective as a kibble tame it's surpased quite quickly, 3 spot on 180's does sound like spawn in's however

And the stats are pretty much "Single Player settings" ones. Or he plays on private server with adjusted AffinityAdd and AffinityMult stat modifiers. Either way its hard to suggest anything without knowing his server's configuration.

Edit: on the second look i'm pretty much convinced that OP did mass-summon (like thousands) lvl 120 rexes, force tamed to 180, and then cherry picked ones with the most skewed stats and posted them here (to brag? because there is no reason to ask it cheated dinos are fine to breed or tag thread as "PvP").

OK, lots of replies. Yes, this is an unofficial cluster. My players requested double taming and I enabled it for two days, then back to 1.25. During that time I tamed multiple rexes, spinos, and others. I used only kibble. The server difficulty on that map (Island) is 4.0. We get 120's regularly up north, and we've had up to a 64 in the south. The cluster uses Classic Flyers and S+ only, so no land dino mods. This is NOT a legacy server.

As for the days, after Ark went live a friend and I went through and wiped the old saves (legacy) and started fresh, then played with every item, every level, every engram, etc and figured out what we wanted and did not want, then after writing my primitive configuration, we reset the servers and started inviting players on. That is why the days are so low.

8 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

And the stats are pretty much "Single Player settings" ones. Or he plays on private server with adjusted AffinityAdd and AffinityMult stat modifiers. Either way its hard to suggest anything without knowing his server's configuration.

Edit: on the second look i'm pretty much convinced that OP did mass-summon (like thousands) lvl 120 rexes, force tamed to 180, and then cherry picked ones with the most skewed stats and posted them here (to brag? because there is no reason to ask it cheated dinos are fine to breed or tag thread as "PvP").

The cluster does not run single player settings nor do I modify those stat modifiers. I did not know they existed until you posted them. I also did not mass-summon a bunch of rexes. I have tamed multiple 120's with other players the normal way, so I am not worried about what others think. They've tamed good 120's also, but these three stood WAY out and I wanted to ask people who breed for PvP what they thought. I have never bred for PvP before and valued the input.

As for the tag, I posted this in the BREEDING forum for PC but it only had PvE or PvP tags so I chose what my cluster was. No idea why a question about breeding was moved from the breeding forum, but whatever. I assumed the breeding forum was for questions about breeding, but maybe it's for questions about spacecraft.

Thanks for the replies though. I suppose I'll start breeding them once I finish the pens in our town.

*EDIT*

OK, I cannot bring the quote into an edit, but in response to invincibleqc, these are NOT force-tamed. You must use a saddle to ride them. I believe they tamed at 99.7%? It was high. Also, I am thinking back and maybe I did put that first level they gain so quickly into them already. We spent a day up north doing this and I cannot recall.

3 hours ago, Xenithar said:

I have tamed multiple 120's with other players the normal way, so I am not worried about what others think.

Good for you, but there is no way to normally tame 120 to 180.

these are NOT force-tamed. You must use a saddle to ride them.

Dinos summoned with "gmsummon" command or tamed with "dotame" command still require saddle to ride them.

I believe they tamed at 99.7%?

it would have lost a bonus level and tamed at 179.

Also, I am thinking back and maybe I did put that first level they gain so quickly into them already. We spent a day up north doing this and I cannot recall.

unless you server has custom experience curve for dinos, then those dinos on screen shots are not leveled.

• Volunteer Moderator

Guys, the way OP tamed these doesn't matters. Force-tamed or not, this is not the point of this thread so please stay on topic. The thread have PvP prefix because it was posted into a section that requires a tag and was then moved here.

These stats are definitely good for doing bosses. At least, the health and melee are. They could always use some mutations on top but if you imprint them close to 100% they will performs more than well. You don't necessarily need that weight stat, unless you plan to bring these Rexes to the Manticore which requires high torpor that you gains with injecting as much pts as you can into any stats.

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Xenithar said:

Mutations cause stats to improve? I thought they just affected color.

1 mutations gives 1 random color for a random region along with 2 extra pts into a stat. You always get both for each marker, but the color can roll into a region that is not used by the specie you mutated and stat can roll into speed meaning it is a wasted mutation.

They're definitely worth breeding but I'm calling BS that these have been tamed legitimately. These are all clean, un-mutated 50+ stat points on 3 seperate 180 tames. That's like 120 wild or lower.... Yea na...

Also OP have you levelled them up at all? Because otherwise the taming efficiency's don't line up either...

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Jacira said:

They're definitely worth breeding but I'm calling BS that these have been tamed legitimately. These are all clean, un-mutated 50+ stat points on 3 seperate 180 tames. That's like 120 wild or lower.... Yea na...

Also OP have you levelled them up at all? Because otherwise the taming efficiency's don't line up either...

Again, it doesn't matters. He plays on his own server and his question is only if they are worth being bred, everything else doesn't matters and is purely derailing the entire thread.

Archived