Possible to transfert dinos from official to single player?

Herbapou

1 minute ago, iHardcoreTiger said:

but would be very cool if works

Well, the download could potentially work, but there's no chance to upload it back afterwards.
Would kind of defeat the entire purpose of playing on servers if everyone can quickly swap to SinglePlayer and upload later again at their own convenience.

55 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Well, the download could potentially work, but there's no chance to upload it back afterwards.
Would kind of defeat the entire purpose of playing on servers if everyone can quickly swap to SinglePlayer and upload later again at their own convenience.

yep, i dont think it is possible to get them back then.

also u could breed i.e. monster rexes on SP within short time and then upload them on official? no way..

No you can NOT transfer from official to unofficial. We "moved" our legacy server dinos to our private server. but that involved getting the save file that WC provided then running that file/server on a cluster with our other private server map and transferring them that way. Far more elaborate a method than most have. But the only way to do it.

Your best chance is to have a tribe mate watch over them and if you do not have a tribe mate then unlcaim them to a friend who can look after them or ally with a friend who can feed them.....if you have no friends....then you will have no dinos I guess.

Of course I am not expecting to be able to upload them back on official.  But downloading them to single player would be nice.

Also, I have rented a Nitrado server, I see a setting about allowing upload of characters, I am wondering the upload can come from where? single player?

Same question for the downloads...

screenshot_169.png

6 minutes ago, Herbapou said:

Of course I am not expecting to be able to upload them back on official.  But downloading them to single player would be nice.

Also, I have rented a Nitrado server, I see a setting about allowing upload of characters, I am wondering the upload can come from where? single player?

Same question for the downloads...

screenshot_169.png

If those settings are enabled then yes, you can transfer stuff between your server and single player.
But not on official obviously.
Unofficials have this feature.

It always surprised me that there wasnt a 'download to local' option at the obelisk for dinos or items or what have you. Obviously would have to be a one way process. Would have been a great way to save dinos for posterity.

As far as my knowledge goes I dont even think you can transfer from the back up on a nitrado server to single player.

7 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

It always surprised me that there wasnt a 'download to local' option at the obelisk for dinos or items or what have you. Obviously would have to be a one way process. Would have been a great way to save dinos for posterity.

As far as my knowledge goes I dont even think you can transfer from the back up on a nitrado server to single player.

Not sure if nitrado does anything different but we could transfer between our box and single-player.

• Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Not sure if nitrado does anything different but we could transfer between our box and single-player.

Probably a specific settings that needs to be enabled or something. Last time I tried to look at the ARK Data from SP I was not seeing any of the items/creatures I had uploaded at the time on official cluster.

4 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

???

I dont understand. Why go through all the trouble of spending hours taming them when it can be done in seconds on singleplayer? Not trying to be offensive, just curious.

Oh and also its not possible to transfer stuff from official to single player.

Some people get a greater sense of accomplishment by taming things the normal way instead of using the console to 'forcetame.'  Other creatures have long histories and people would like to preserve them when they become less useful. I had a bunch like that that I would have transferred to single player the instant the feature was re-enabled if it hadn't turned into a 'travel to any official serer' feature when it was introduced. Even had the zoo built for them all in single player.

As it is, my single player games have ended up a testing ground for all kinds of things and mod experiments.

9 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

???

I dont understand. Why go through all the trouble of spending hours taming them when it can be done in seconds on singleplayer? Not trying to be offensive, just curious.

Because it's about the journey, not the goal. Sentimental value. The effort enhances the flavour.

Guest BubbaCrawfish
7 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

I dont understand.

They're wanting to download what they've got on the official server, so they can continue in singleplayer, rather than have them die out.

OP: Load your troughs up with Dodo Kibble. That'll last for a longer period, and will keep them alive, along with the 100 stack of it compared to the 30 of cooked meat, or the berries that will simply perish.

8 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

???

Because your so called "cheats" don't even give the same result.
When you use the commands like GMSummon or Spawn, they spawn a creature of the given level with random stats/colours.
So you cannot even replicate the creatures you get from taming, breeding and leveling because the stats are going to be randomly assigned when you spawn in the creature.

So no, you cannot even "backup" everything locally you obtained on a server by simply summoning them.

• Taming bonuses? Either it's 0% or 100%
  • Bonus attributes assigned from the wild? Purely RNG

So unless I have a command that allows me to define every attribute reproducing dinosaurs is not possible at all.

On my Nitrado server I have disable Dino and structure decay, food comsumption is at 0.5 instead of 1.0.  

I am planning on stopping the server.  Anyknow knows if stopping the server also stops time in game?

Note:  I got an unexpected effect on my server, I put taming at 3x like a event +++ but because my food consumption was at 0.5, taming was not really faster because dino's were eating less.  I boosted taming at 6x to have something close to 3x on official.

I like my server, playing on a virgin map with no lag and no dino cap is really nice for PvE.

8 hours ago, Olivar said:

Probably different for console but for as far as I know the nitrado servers are completely isolated.

4 hours ago, TracerBee said:

Still don't get it but nevermind.

Basically long story short admin commands wont give you exactly the same as the dinos as your trying to recreate. Its impossible. Anyway using admin commands takes the fun out of the game.

Archived