Spoil timers Scorched earth

MrGerard

Im sure im not the only one that thinks the spoil timers on SE are ridiculous to say the least.!!

The feeding trough full of meat spoils so fast you cant raise baby dinos if are anot willing to stand next to it for 2 days.!!!!!!

When i find a Ovis witch is boderline impossible, I pick it up, fly it to my base, kill it and run the 50 mutton to the industrial grill. And it only cooks 24 and the rest spoil.!!! 

Cooked meat in my inventory spoil faster than raw meat on island does. Prime meat is maybe 5 min with preserving salt in my dino.

If you guys wonder why SE severs are empty. its because of this.!!!!

PLEASE FIX THIS.!!!!

Yeah with ragnarok giving all the scorched stuff away for free I think it's about time scorched had some quality of life improvements. Fix spoil timers , fix sunstroke and electric storms and sand storms so it is more in line with rag. Then fix crop plots not being placeable anywhere and make all the resource nodes give x2 amount of resources , add dilos and stegos and scorched might just about be playable again.  As it is now it's just transfer a Ptera over farm drops and hide it in a glitch spot in the mountains . Waste of a dlc. 

I really like SE. like the "hard mode" feeling. but the spoil timers effect me in real life as you cannot breed dinos as you have to be online 24/7 just to keep it from dying.!! Thats not fun, its not hard mode, its broken mode, making me contemplate just leaving everything and playing something else. 

I see a lot of guys coming to SE just to farm drops and leaving.! there is no reason to play SE if you can find everything and a whole lot more on broken OP raganrok.!

Perhaps an obvious question:  But do you have salt in your inventory, dino inventory etc? This makes a big difference on the spoiling times.
It's not perfect either, but it can definitely help in preserving larger chunks of meat when cooking/taming.

We never bothered with the feedingtrough.
We just put salt + meat into the dino's themselves which has  a way longer spoiler timer.
Everything else went into fridges.

But yes, as you said, SE is "hardmode" and the reduced spoiler times are part of this.
It isn't that bad though once you get set up properly and have good dino's to go continuously hunting.
Biggest problem I had with SE is that you're sitting on your butt for the majority of your playtime due super heat or dust storms.

I played SE as Main map since its launch, now on New servers I decide to play more in water on The Island, but 3 months later i am back on SE, rising dinos as before and farming manticore, i love this map and the difficult of the spoilage, weather, etc... makes u be more creative.

I remember at the begining, before crossark we use to kite the paracers four or five of them, next to the tame (argies or tapejara, or other carnivores with no kibbles) and used chainsaws and preserving salt, that was really challenging and funny.

Is not broken, is just another lvl of surviving, for people that refuse the crowded beaches and jungles of pillars, even the players on SE have another sense of humor. most of the players from other maps are always complaining on chat for senceless things.

I don't think you all understand the difference between difficult and tedious. But I believe SE is the least favorite because of several additional reasons: 1. Ragnarok, 2. Monotone of the map, 3. Fewer varieties of dinos compared to Island (never mind rag), 4. Fewer building options (adobe is... 'cool' but on PVE nobody bothers having multiple layers so all I see is adobe buildings everywhere).

However, I don't know how you'd want to 'fix' that. SE is a harsher map and demands more time than other maps and I think that's one of the reasons that makes it distinct. It's only natural for perishables to expire faster in hot climates. But yes, I don't think phoenixes are enough to get more people into the map and it definitely wouldn't hurt adding more 'attractions'. So what do you propose OP?

Maybe solo it would be crazy hard ... since the preserving salt only last an hour... We never really raised any large carnivores on SE because of the spoil timers ... however there are workarounds for the small tribe... import a large flock of dodos... force feed them stim until their food is almost gone be sure to have a feeding trough close by... since dodo's have a different egg laying mechanic than all other dinos you can do this force feeding to them and then come back ten to fifteen minutes later and have a nice stack of eggs under each ...rinse and repeat daily as you prepare for your hatching ... use the dodo kibble to feed your big carnivores while you sleep a full through is not hard to farm in this manner 

full feeding trough of dodo kibble has 360000 food value and will the top piece of kibble even on SE spoils in 6 days

• 5 months later...
2 minutes ago, Jacira said:

Sorry for the necro. But I'd rather do this then create a new thread.

Does anyone know if fridge spoil timers are different on SE?

Quote me so I don't miss the reply. Thanks in advance!

Yes. Much less time even in fridges. Tek troughs don’t last as long either compared to the rest of the maps. 

9 minutes ago, Jacira said:

so you have to manually turn them back on?

They kick on automatically most of the time. There are times when power stays off (all power). When that happens, we have to fly out of base to derender it and then fly back and it’ll be on. That glitch has been around as long as I’ve played on SE. 

Just now, flamron said:

They kick on automatically most of the time. There are times when power stays off (all power). When that happens, we have to fly out of base to derender it and then fly back and it’ll be on. That glitch has been around as long as I’ve played on SE. 

Okay, but that bug only happens when the base is rendered? If you're all offline raising and the base isn't rendered you wont be subject to the bug?

1 hour ago, Jacira said:

Okay, but that bug only happens when the base is rendered? If you're all offline raising and the base isn't rendered you wont be subject to the bug?

I have raised 2 gigas 20+ argys and 15 rexes over the past month or 2 on tek troughs. Never had problems being offline. The giga raise I would be offline at least 12 hours during weekdays with no issues. I have been online many times during a storm and would watch the tek generator power back on after storm was over. Maybe bug is fixed.

2 minutes ago, Thamic said:

I have raised 2 gigas 20+ argys and 15 rexes over the past month or 2 on tek troughs. Never had problems being offline. The giga raise I would be offline at least 12 hours during weekdays with no issues. I have been online many times during a storm and would watch the tek generator power back on after storm was over. Maybe bug is fixed.

So how do you go about dealing with the tek troughs when the storm hits? Do you use raw meat or do u use cooked so it doesn't decay as quickly when troughs go offline?

5 minutes ago, Weiss said:

Can confirm raising with tek troughs works fine, the tek gen always turns on after a storm, the wind turbines don't always turn on. 

We raise everything with raw meat, the stacks spoil from 20 to about 17 when going to bed/waking up again.

I do the same. A storm happens only in a single map zone. Each storm about 3-4 raw meat spoils. Average maybe 1 storm every 12 hours over my tek troughs. I have gone over 24 without a storm.

10 minutes ago, Weiss said:

Can confirm raising with tek troughs works fine, the tek gen always turns on after a storm, the wind turbines don't always turn on. 

We raise everything with raw meat, the stacks spoil from 20 to about 17 when going to bed/waking up again.

I thought the whole idea of turbines was that they are unaffected by electrical storms?

5 minutes ago, Jacira said:

I thought the whole idea of turbines was that they are unaffected by electrical storms?

That is indeed the idea but on occasion have to replace a cable to get wind turbine to power back up. I usually only see this happen on server restarts. That's why I keep a normal generator connected to my power grid that is on auto start.

• 2 weeks later...

Been playing since legacy on SE and still here on the new servers. I do feel myself going more and more to ragnarok and island but the cap is litterly not good for my health so I tend to not spend much time there. Raising on island is a complete joke tho when you are used to raising on SE. You only have to feed babies like 3 times and than you can pretty much raise the full stage with another 2x of refilling the troughs. On se you'll be looking at 2x per day refilling at least. The only advantage which you have in early game raising is that you don't have as much imprinting kibble as on other maps. But its not worth the grind with 0.3x spoil timer

Archived