ARK Xbox v731: Split-screen, Dimetrodon, Dung Beetle, Gallimimus & more!

Jatheish

8 hours ago, D34DGR1NG0 said:

Laziness is probably best reserves for after a game hits full release. Time and effort must be put into developing a title and what a company hopes to achieve in a certain time frame BEFORE a full release is still an acceptable delay in content. DESTINY had the same problem but far worse as NOTHING that was promised was EVER released after the full release of the game. 

Since ARK is still in PRE-ALPHA stage there really is nothing to complain about since any estimates made before a game releases is part of an unfinished product.

Just to be precise: ARK is in "Pre-Release" status. This is *NOT* a "pre-Alpha", "Alpha", "Beta"....

In the sofware release versionning system you have:

• Alpha (+/-pre-Alpha)
  • Beta (+/- pre-Beta)
  • Release Candidates (+/-pre-release, RTM, RTW, ...)

So ARK is in a way much more advanced stage than "pre-alpha".

If it's buggy, yes we can fairly complain about this "PRE-RELEASE" game (that we bought like a "real" game by the way).

And beside perfs issues (on XBox at least) and bugs, the game is GREAT! Keep up the good job guys.

I've started a player dedicated server on one of my xbox's and tried playing split screen on my other, but it won't allow it.  Is this supposed to happen or is this a glitch, and also I can't believe how many people complain about this game when they bought it for half price and knew they were buying an unfinished game!! Let them finish the game and enjoy the ride, I sure am

Has anyone encountered the issue in single player in which everything is gone? I had gotten the update then tried looking for the new dinos to complete the dossier again. Couldn't find any so i exited to the main menu then turned my console off for a little while. When i got back after dinner, everything was gone, my items, entire base, dinos, everything. But i still kept my levels and engrams. I've spent almost the last month working on it and just dont know what's going on. Any insight would be appreciated. 

13 hours ago, Braddonmac10 said:

So me and a friend of my are having a game breaking issue. The survival bar on the right is cut off. I've change the UI scale. Plus my own tv's interface and still nothing. I can't leave base because I don't know my vitals nor my tames vitals

Same here, afew friends cannot play now. Before the update it was the TV that cut of a bit off the screen and the ui bar allowed me to fix it but now the ui just shrinks instead of moves so now I can't see any of the stat bars, can you guys help us, Add a bar to adjust screen size please.

11 hours ago, Richdrg said:

Awesome that we get these guys! Has the spawns on single player been fixed yet though cant find bats strangely enough i have seen a few spiders in hunter cave though. Also please add SOTF i love it on PC  but i tend to kose in last couple mins cus my comp struggles to run ark on low in spikes so i end up shooting at nithing and unfreeze dead, plus with the xbox communication and live party making abilities death match would be soo much better. Also if possible can we get mods like the extra maps that are available on PC version like as DLC or something?

Making mods for xbox ark would be very hard to do. 

3 hours ago, Hello31 said:

Just to be precise: ARK is in "Pre-Release" status. This is *NOT* a "pre-Alpha", "Alpha", "Beta"....

In the sofware release versionning system you have:

• Alpha (+/-pre-Alpha)
  • Beta (+/- pre-Beta)
  • Release Candidates (+/-pre-release, RTM, RTW, ...)

So ARK is in a way much more advanced stage than "pre-alpha".

If it's buggy, yes we can fairly complain about this "PRE-RELEASE" game (that we bought like a "real" game by the way).

And beside perfs issues (on XBox at least) and bugs, the game is GREAT! Keep up the good job guys.

pre alpha should have major bugs like this in the game. You can tell there testing sucks as there testing on one screen size only

15 hours ago, JuggaloCard said:

I think I would rather want my UI like health and what not instead of split screen, sorry. Like the update though it is going to be a pain to find them on Xbox. Also why is there a large shadow around my character when I am swimming? The ocean is clear but a shadow over me. So strange. 

15 hours ago, MrCHEECHjr said:

Same problem with the UI.

15 hours ago, DinoHunter said:

I can't see my hunger, thirst, torpor, health, or oxygen bar I need help please this means A lot to me

15 hours ago, MrSnowFoxy said:

Same here, Also, did you noticed that not only was the update LATE by two days, But things they said was comming (Like commands) arent here? wonder what their excuse was

15 hours ago, Braddonmac10 said:

So me and a friend of my are having a game breaking issue. The survival bar on the right is cut off. I've change the UI scale. Plus my own tv's interface and still nothing. I can't leave base because I don't know my vitals nor my tames vitals

14 hours ago, DoCtErJ14 said:

Like many others, the UI is now broken. Can't see the usual survival icons on right side of the screen. Tried to adjust with UI scale, doesn't work. PLEASE FIX. 

I fixed the issue by going into my tv settings and setting it to just scan for the best setting and it fixed my ui size this may work for you if your tv can do this mine is kinda generic so most should be able to