ARK Xbox v731: Split-screen, Dimetrodon, Dung Beetle, Gallimimus & more!

Jatheish

2 hours ago, lokee said:

When  you host dedicated it shows on the list and players looking for "tweaked" servers where they can level and or tame faster they search that list. Or you can password protect it and offer people to join in forums.  I don't understand the last question so I can't help there sorry. But good luck on your server! My friend just started theirs recently. After the patch and there's so many of the new dinos it's awesome!

Thanks so much for answering!!!  And heck yah... those new dinos are great!!!!  I want to get that Gallamimus!!!   I watched one take off like bolt of lightening!!!!  Those things are quick!

Still learning engrams like behemoth gate and gateway... idk why but kinda messed up... cant make some of my engrams without blue prints. Im not spending any more engram points til this is fixed... I dont want to have to start all over... I am doing half decent in this server. Let me know asap please.. love the game but not that I cant make things that I learned

I dont know if anyone else is having this problem.. we have been playing split screen under singe player settings along with another person from friends list. Ive got all my setting set right where i need them, like i always try to keep them. For some reason, sometimes when our charcters die our bodies disappear completely, when the screen shows the body after dead it shows the characters dead body basically ragdolling underwater.. when not even near the water some times.

We had another incident where the host (splitscreen) and the other player died and i was still living, for some reason it spawned everyone including myself at an extremely random location on the beach to the south west on the big middle island. Everyone lost everything they had and for some reason my own inventory was kept but my character was stripped of her armour..

Then we had another issue, the host (splitscreen) loaded the game and the screen had shown his character was starving, his food was completely full during this time and health was dropping as though his character was starving to death. It took a little more than half way through the health bar, he crafted a bed and before even placing it his health suddenly stopped dropping and the screen returned to normal. 

Also, i dont know if this is normal, but we had several times of hatching eggs and babies dying before we even have a chance to stuff food down their throats and claim them lol.. i dont know if im just not fast enough or if this is another bug, so thought i would mention.

And a bit less serious issue, some of the smaller creatures such as dodo birds and sometimes even placeosuars when killed manage to flying ragdoll themselves into the ground.. a little annoying.. think it might be the same problem i mentioned above with dead charcters disappearing into the abyss.. 

Anyway, thats the things ive noticed so far.. anyone else having the same issues?

Both my husband and I were excited for the split screen (so many games have done away with local split screen =( not everyone can afford two XB1's), looking forward to tackling various tasks and misadventures. However, we ended up kind of disappointed; gameplay was laggy, sound cut in and out, items would pop in and out of inventory.... but the biggest let down was that you couldn't really be more than 200m from who ever was hosting else the world fell apart and you couldn't do anything, not even move. 200m might look like a lot when written, but in the game it's not at all. To try to put it into a bit of perspective, there's a hill in the center of Herbivore Island, if the host stood on one side of it while the visitor stood on the other the visitor would get a red screen and the world would fall apart. Mabey this wouldn't be a big deal for some people, but for the way my husband and I play together it's kind of a game breaker. Hopefully this is something that will be addressed and fixed in future patches/updates.

Sorry if this multi-posts, was having issues O.o

On 2/12/2016 at 1:57 PM, DBDsmartytuned said:

Wanted to say the devs are killing it with this game as fat as it is already n still a few months till a full release n people this $#!+ happen when creating new and exciting games be thankful there letting this one out before it hits alpha stages ( star wars battlefront ) release date got pushed back a whole year cause of problems n this studio lets us play w them through the development of so just have fun n hang tight this ones gonna be awesome 

I agree! This game is awesome and it is very hard work, let's not whine like children. I appreciate and understand that the devs have a hard job, no need to be ungrateful. To all the hard working people working on ARK: Survival Evolved. Thanks for all your hard work, I love what you are doing! And thanks for listening to our suggestions. Split screen rocks!

Hello all,

My husband and I have 2 xbox ones and I have a ghost account set up on the one we play Ark on, we use the other Xbox to host a dedicated server.  How do we get the split screen to work from our dedicated server ?  We have tried inviting each other and the start button process as well, but all it does is switch from one game account to the other, no split.  Any help is appreciated !

V/R

Sherri 

On 2/12/2016 at 2:42 PM, Braddonmac10 said:

So me and a friend of my are having a game breaking issue. The survival bar on the right is cut off. I've change the UI scale. Plus my own tv's interface and still nothing. I can't leave base because I don't know my vitals nor my tames vitals

I had the same problem. You can get around it by snapping something like Pandora.

8 hours ago, MummaJ said:

You should add more customization options when creating a character and an option to have splitscreen the other way. Also you should be able to go as far away as you like from the host in split screen, the 200m thing is a game breaker :(

IKR I really wanted to play with my brother and we have different bases to have a war on then I realised we could only go so far away :-( plz make the gap across the entire map

Why not add this split screen on pc?Cause on xbox the graphics and distance limits makes it copresed and stressfull cause i can go far withouth the other person geting mad at me cause i pushed him away from what he was doing.The point is if posible can you make the player distance futher so that we can each do our things seperatly?

17 hours ago, A1991RENAGADE said:

i notice a major problem thats STILL NOT FIXED, cave spawning in single player, whats the point in dung beetles IF THEY DONT EVER SPAWN IN CAVES WHERE THEY ARE SUSPOSE TO BE. jesus would be dissapointed in this generation of dumb humans.

They spawn. they're just rare, I have three now and its like my own personal oil field. Put in the time to reep the rewards :)

Edited by DeanSlater