ARK Xbox v731: Split-screen, Dimetrodon, Dung Beetle, Gallimimus & more!

Jatheish

2 hours ago, UberSlackr said:

What kind of question is that?

How would even use split screen on ARK on a PC? When the PC has multiple keyboards attached it does not assign one to "player 1" another to "player 2" and so on...

That would not even be possible...

(I can see it now.. "But what about controllers" - Fk controllers, PC gaming is meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard not with a controller; that is what they make Game Consoles for) 

Actually, Game consoles are made for people who may not have the time nor the money for pc gaming, and for some, Having a controller on pc games makes it feel more at home. especially if they came form console gaming. just because consoles use controllers does not mean its a crime to use one on pc. sometimes a keyboard and mouse can get you a bit disorientated, especially in faster paced fps games. 

1 minute ago, muller said:

WITH THE LAST UPDATE APPEARED A BUG TERRIBLE! EVERY TIME THEY TRY TO ENTER SAY THIS: CONNECTION FAILURE (SERVE FULL) JOINING FAILED (TIMEOUT) HOST CONNECTION PENDING. WHEN YOU IRAM FIX THIS ?? I WANNA PLAY !!! LAUNCH A PATCH!

ASK HELP TO STAFF TO RETURN IN MY POST THAT THEY RESOLVE ASAP THE SERVERS ARE A WASTE PRA ENTER! POST UP!!!

5 hours ago, Squatch1167 said:

They can and will... and they aren't wrong in doing so... I have been playing this game since June on the pc, and since the first day on xbone... I have seen the devs do all the right things to IMPROVE the game. As well as do things for the community, like Halloween and Christmas themed events. All on a game, that unless I misread, is still Pre. Alpha. Doesn't even go Alpha till March-ish and Beta till late May-ish or early June... They have done an amazing job overall in both adding dinos and optimization, and I am sure will continue to do so, even after Release... relax.... take a breather...  enjoy what you have and Know it only gets better with time..

Yes!!!! Thank you!!!! I couldn't find any info on alpha and beta dates for the Xbox one version but a lot of console players fail to realize that this is in fact pre-alpha on console. This confirms my sanity. Thank you!  If you find the thread that has the console release time lines (alpha, beta and full release) please quote me  and link the location so I can link it to others as well.

I understand that there are some frustrating things that happen such as the UI especialy when there are constant updates.

However, those of you who are grumbling need to take a step back with your complaints. 

First: the game is playable and with only minor issues at that which is Awsome considering you normaly don't get to play a game til alpha.

Second: so what they were 2 days late. They said it was goin to be pushed back, and I would rather have a developer push back an update and fix whatever issues came up then just push it through like some of these so call AAA title companies do. And clearly the majority of you who are complaining about things like the UI and what not. Granted they are an issue and they are frustrating but they arnt game breaking and they will be fixed. Any time you do major updates and even minor ones can cause new issues to come up because you are inserting new code and overhauling everything. Perhaps you have already forgotten such games as the latest batman which came out on steam and was so broken when it was supposedly finished that they had to take it down from selling it. These guys are telling you it's a work in progress they will fix things and try to meet deadlines. It's not always simple. Perhaps if some of you owned a company you would know that things happen and you work with it as best you can.

35 minutes ago, NewBloodwarrior said:

I think they need to remove the tether distance entirely. It's not fun playing with friends and family when you're stuck in the same vicinity all the time.

It's a work in progress. Do you understand the demands of a map that size mostly fully destructible environment and all of the Dino's and characters that present and doin things all at once. It's like running 100 different videos at once on your PC it's very taxing. Give it time.

8 hours ago, TheRedLeeSaint said:

I have found and tamed all but one of the new dinosaurs and for whatever reason I've looked through all the swamps up-and-down and still can't find the dimetrodon?

Dimets are a hastle to find. If you kill everything off in swamps then look around the waters for a fin you'll find you a dimetrodon. If needed add OLx_Lokee I'll help find one.

OMG! This Update  broke it all! 

1. Right trigger double crafting;
  2. shadows crash all the time;
  3. left trigger makes all shadow desapear;
  4. Caves do not have any animal, so... no bettles founded;
  5. rendering is far slowly;
  6. shadows... shadows... light... light?! Wow! okay... shadows again...

Please! Fix it!

Their fixing the UI scale that was an imidiate problem. A warning doesn't even have to be given they can update 50 times in 1 day and not say poop. And again to the refund. Not only is this game alpha but it's digital only. You cannot refund digital games. I've tried I would know. Not to mention this was under 40$ cheaper then any other xbox game that would keep you this interested. I'm just happy things are getting fixed and if anybody has problems with that then put the remote down. Nobody's forcing you to play you chose to and Noone will mourn your leaving. Thanks.

hi,

I wonder where is the command console . I have a dedicated server with around 30 players.

It has become difficult to manage, i need destroy so many constructions , i need to increase the limit construction and dinos.

I need it...please help my investment for this game...Do you have a news?

My server: ARKserverFR