ARK Xbox v731: Split-screen, Dimetrodon, Dung Beetle, Gallimimus & more!

Jatheish

I am having a hard time logging on. I used to get in than I needed to start going to settings and turn off than turn on to get in. Now since update I try and log in and it says server full when its not. Refresh ... joining session..... connection timeout. Joining session.... server full. Get your server  problems corrected.

56 minutes ago, DSOVERIGN1 said:

I am having a hard time logging on. I used to get in than I needed to start going to settings and turn off than turn on to get in. Now since update I try and log in and it says server full when its not. Refresh ... joining session..... connection timeout. Joining session.... server full. Get your server  problems corrected.

This, this is exactly what's happening to me. Wth can i do to remedy this or am I just out 30 some bucks and weeks of time?

Current Version v731.0

• All PC Content up thru PC version 234 (Beer, Dung Beetle, Dimetrodon, Gallimimus, Shock Prod, Riot Armor, Greenhouse Tileset, etc etc) [This is in the game]
  • SPLIT-SCREEN MULTIPLAYER for both Online and Local Play!! [ In Game but Malfunctions]
  • Rendering Framerate improvements (~20%) [In Game and a lot better]
  • Non-Dedicated Multiplayer tether range increased +33%, Maximum number of players in non-dedicated sessions increased to 8![ Also in Game]
  • All of the PC's Server options are now exposed to Hosting/Local Sessions (even options that were previously hidden in INI's), and all options have direct-input textboxes for using any arbritrary value. Including whether to allow Tribute Downloads ;)
  • Fixed cursor erroneously resetting to "Favorites" button after attempting to join a server[ In Game]
  • Fixed a memory leak that would eventually crash the client over time [In Game]
  • Fixed log-out when plugging in Play-&-Charge Kit [In Game]
  • Fixed crashes when entering long text into Notes [in Game]
  • Fixed inability to connect/reconnect sometimes after losing connection ('stuck at PrimalGameData loading screen') [In Game]
  • Fixed duplicating dinos in singleplayer [In Game]
  • Fixed losing Tribe Data [ Glad they Fixed]
  • Fixed Host Settings not saving [In Game]
  • Improved range & performance of 'Ground Clutter' effect [Fixed to best they can as of now]
  • Fixed multi-colored Dimorphodon ;) [So Glad they Fixed]

So here is what the developers actcually posted before and only edited the one crossed out line because they were not able to get it to work properly. And the release date was moved because well they released the update. So if you are complaining about they did not do what they said they were going to do. You are an idiot because any game developer except bungie and call of duty franchises will say this is what we expect to have in the next update. I don't know about you but expect means they have plans for it but its not a guarantee. So les look at real problems like the ladies and gentlemen who have been giving screen shots of the UI being messed up and the split screen. Those are the main problems that will make or break this game. Having a terror bird will not make you a better Ark Survivor nor keep you from being raided by a tribe with gigas. So once again I don't believe PvE players get the right to complain about dinos because you have no real need for any but a mammoth a bronto a dodec or a rex. All you need in PvE servers just your resource gatherers and two hunters. And also before saying a game did release what the developers said they would based on hear say make sure you actually read what the patch updates will include so you can always see the ~ sign which like I mentioned before means about. And I didn't mention this but the etc. is a way of going if we can add more based on time frame and budgeting we will add more but no guarantee. So lets learn to read like our first grade teachers taught us at least they did when I was in first grade 20 yrs ago. Now I know they just baby sit students. Hope this post actually decrease the ignorance and stupidity of greedy casual gamers.

Thanks,

AGS Reaper IX

With split screen you are on the consoles connection therefor the console it self can not render two different areas at same time due to the openness and randomness that can be there. Even in non dedicated servers you still have to be within the tether range ( range that the host can support other players) That is something that more and likely will always be there due to the fact of the game should be paid for to get full benefits and even when paying you still have to remember game is pre-release game I wont say it is an Alpha or Beta its more like a vip club to play the game so the developers can fix bugs and ideas we have that might make this game sale better when it comes out. Ultimately its up to us to give them proper suggestions during this time and not making them feel like they did not make a worthy game. The ones who agree with me on this will be the ones that are real and true Ark Survivors and they more and likely will play PvP. (I know I am a PvP junkie admittance is the first step to a healthy recovery) Srry the split screen tether range is kinda making the game less fun but that is why me and my friend on diff Xbox's went from non dedicated to Official servers to get the full experience. If we don't give all aspects of the game a try we will never truly know what needs to be fixed and then we fail as gamers who are preview playing to support this game.

5 minutes ago, Gamerking said:

I can't see my health,water,food and the other things on the right of the screen>:(

Yes some players are having problems with the User Interface. You can try fixing the resolution on your tv that might help depending on the tv. Try going from full screen to wide screen or all the choices your tv has might get lucky and have a temporary fix. If not then you might be playing hardcore mode with core mode settings except the hud being gone. This is a problem I know is being worked on and if might be fixed for you the next time you log on might not be they are working to fix it for everyone.

12 minutes ago, AGSReaper said:

Yes some players are having problems with the User Interface. You can try fixing the resolution on your tv that might help depending on the tv. Try going from full screen to wide screen or all the choices your tv has might get lucky and have a temporary fix. If not then you might be playing hardcore mode with core mode settings except the hud being gone. This is a problem I know is being worked on and if might be fixed for you the next time you log on might not be they are working to fix it for everyone.

If I put the U.I. Scale the whole way up I can barely see it

And none of my tv settings work

23 minutes ago, Gamerking said:

If I put the U.I. Scale the whole way up I can barely see it

And none of my tv settings work

My friend tried everything as well and it did not fix for him but hes just playing the game like its in hardcore mode you just have to know your stats and the depletion. it will actually make you a better PvP player. but if you get your Fortitude up to 20 or higher then when you see the hunger thirst or suffocation pop up you will have plenty of time to get back to surface of water with itchy or nessy. on land you will have enough time to gather 2 stacks worth of berries. Which those 2 stacks will give full food and water. Just health and stamina are concerns and way we figured around it was to know how much you could sprint in one go non stop and get a good estimate of time it takes to deplete. With health you just have to be good at pvp and the dinos you can tell by how bloody they are except for on bionic rex skins.. Its a survival game just be cautious on everything you do and you should be fine.

1 hour ago, Quix510x420 said:

I have been searching for these new dinos since the update released me and my friends have our own server and cannot find any can anyone help

Get on the wiki then search the Dino,then if u scroll down u should see a map of where the Dino's will most likely spawn

(look at the color of the box that the letters r in)

57 minutes ago, AGSReaper said:

My friend tried everything as well and it did not fix for him but hes just playing the game like its in hardcore mode you just have to know your stats and the depletion. it will actually make you a better PvP player. but if you get your Fortitude up to 20 or higher then when you see the hunger thirst or suffocation pop up you will have plenty of time to get back to surface of water with itchy or nessy. on land you will have enough time to gather 2 stacks worth of berries. Which those 2 stacks will give full food and water. Just health and stamina are concerns and way we figured around it was to know how much you could sprint in one go non stop and get a good estimate of time it takes to deplete. With health you just have to be good at pvp and the dinos you can tell by how bloody they are except for on bionic rex skins.. Its a survival game just be cautious on everything you do and you should be fine.

Thanks

On 2/12/2016 at 4:44 PM, MrSnowFoxy said:

Same here, Also, did you noticed that not only was the update LATE by two days, But things they said was comming (Like commands) arent here? wonder what their excuse was

I'm in the same boat.. can't see my status bar. Leaving my base is pretty pointless at this time. Proly won't play till fixed.

Damn wildcard way to go. You not only managed to let 5 year olds play split screen, but you raptored all the servers up in doing so. But it's cool it's a game preview so we agreed to get screwed. You absolutely blew it. I don't think half the players have managed to get in their server more than one time. I can't imagine the server issue taking that long to fix when it was working 2 days ago. Pure filth. Get your poop together. In all seriousness though amazing game but everyone's pissed so do better? 

4 minutes ago, MiikeLeo said:

Damn wildcard way to go. You not only managed to let 5 year olds play split screen, but you raptored all the servers up in doing so. But it's cool it's a game preview so we agreed to get screwed. You absolutely blew it. I don't think half the players have managed to get in their server more than one time. I can't imagine the server issue taking that long to fix when it was working 2 days ago. Pure filth. Get your poop together. In all seriousness though amazing game but everyone's pissed so do better? 

dude.. programming games isnt easy.. there is a list of things that could be causing that and it could be extremely hard to fix.. can everyone just stop hammering them over this

You guys fu cking suck. How do you make it look so goddamn easy to screw up a game? I can't even get into a fu cking server now since the update because of the server full bullshi t when it's not even full. How do you fu ck that up? So thanks for breaking something that wasn't even broke in the first place. Dumbasses

2 minutes ago, Themilkman said:

You guys raptoring suck. How do you make it look so goddamn easy to screw up a game? I can't even get into a raptoring server now since the update because of the server full bullpoop when it's not even full. How do you raptor that up? So thanks for breaking something that wasn't even broke in the first place. Dumbasses

dude.. programming a game isn't easy.. it was probably just a accident.. no need to insult the devs...

On February 12, 2016 at 4:44 PM, MrSnowFoxy said:

Same here, Also, did you noticed that not only was the update LATE by two days, But things they said was comming (Like commands) arent here? wonder what their excuse was

Update wasn't late. The 10th was an estimate. They should have held off even longer too. The update did more harm than good.